Time to end cousin marriages

Are you in favour of cousin marriage?

• Yes, generally in favour

• No, not in favour

• Unsure about it, no strong feelings either way

Results are only viewable after voting.

Thalassocracy

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
Cousin marriage you know who’s doing well in the family who isnt and you can help who needs it

You money stays within your family

people in Somalia knows this wisdom and those who don’t will have to work much harder to succeed

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
It’s fucking weird. I view my cousins almost as my siblings. We aren’t allowed to marry within 7 degrees of consanguinity

Fobnimo Till I Dhimo

كَمَا دَخَلُوهُ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍۢ🕌☝🏾
VIP
Even if all of my cousins turned into hoor al ayns and got on their their 4s begging me to marrry em i would not🤣aniga family kama qaraabanaayi in Islam it's 100% halal u will never catch me tryna make shit dats halal haram lakin i ain't with the marrying cousin shit

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
Cousin marriages create wealth
stronger networking
Stronger marriages
Stronger family ties and more stable political ties
Your children don’t have identity crisis, know who they are
You’re not compeating with foreign values in the house so your goals for your children are easily met
For the women it’s safer and less likely to be abused as the man is held accountable by his and her family compared to her being separated
Vetting is much easier because you know not just the persons full history but their parents background
You have access to higher quality men and women than you would without it

those of you who are against qabill and cousin marriage will be used and stepped on by those who use it

it’s a competitive advantage

Have you ever seen a poor Yemen or Jew ?
79DE3BE0-462A-4A3A-BD4E-011FBDB900D2.png

Even Liberia where they cannibalise kids is more developed than Yemen

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
There is a slight risk increase in cousin marriage but it’s still around the same as normal marriage. If I remember correctly it was something like 4-6% for normal marriages and 7-8% for cousin marriages.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I read an interesting article by a well researched journalist who examined countries with lots of inbreeding and their culture. The main problem is the risk of having disabled kids, but there are additional associated negative features found. Read below a chapter that stood out to me.

The problem, though, is that while kin marriage binds people more closely within ethnic groups, it simultaneously strengthens divides between groups — a truth noted by the British anthropologist Sir Jack Goody. This, in turn, permits the emergence of parallel values, animosities and rivalries. Joseph Henrich of Harvard has found that the higher the rate of cousin marriage in a nation, the higher the level of corruption, nepotism and poverty — and the lower the level of trust. This, of course, is the daily reality of sectarian societies from the Middle East to sub-Saharan Africa.

What are your thoughts? Also, please vote with option closely matching your view.

Lies. Prophet pbuh married his cousin Zaynab

Doctorabdi

الوقت من ذهب
It's halal.
Sure, so is overeating and making yourself obese getting higher likely chances of heart ache and mobility problems. I use reason and logic being a muslim. We have this knowledge, that we have inherited through adam and hawa peace be upon them. I believe Islam is a logical religion it makes sense.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
We don't have to everything the prophet pbuh did. It is not even sunnah to marry your cousin, it's just allowed. Most things in Islam are allowed, except obvious harram things. Use common sense. Think about your future children and all those illnesses they will get.

loooool huuno everything the prophet pbuh did is literally SUNNAH

Doctorabdi

الوقت من ذهب
Cousin marriages create wealth
stronger networking
Stronger marriages
Stronger family ties and more stable political ties
Your children don’t have identity crisis, know who they are
You’re not compeating with foreign values in the house so your goals for your children are easily met
For the women it’s safer and less likely to be abused as the man is held accountable by his and her family compared to her being separated
Vetting is much easier because you know not just the persons full history but their parents background
You have access to higher quality men and women than you would without it

those of you who are against qabill and cousin marriage will be used and stepped on by those who use it

it’s a competitive advantage

Have you ever seen a poor Yemen or Jew ?
Half of these points make no sense "your children don't have identify crisis" brother you're not marrying ajnabi you're marrying fellow somalis. What your children will be is suffering with illnesses. You can watch a documentary about pakistanis that are first cousins. So brutal

Doctorabdi

الوقت من ذهب
Cousin marriage you know who’s doing well in the family who isnt and you can help who needs it

You money stays within your family

people in Somalia knows this wisdom and those who don’t will have to work much harder to succeed
Your family tree will be a circle. Literally. Look at the hasburgs, these guys died because of incest

Trending