Tiktoker Asks People To Guess Who’s Somali and who Is Ethiopian

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
I've been confused for a Somali many times, by somalis, by ethiopians, and even by white people lol. interesting :)
Aren’t you from jimma I thought southern oromos looked bantu
Are You Serious For Real GIF by Bounce

World

VIP
8 out of 10 times you can tell Habeshas and Somalis apart easily. And it's not color that is the main factor.

It is shockingly easy, I don't get how people say they look similar.
For 2,4,6,7 in the video it’s a guessing game you can’t really tell in my opinion. Maybe even 5.

:drakelaugh::drakelaugh:Somali colourism is showing. They’re mad all the light skinned ones are habesha. The poor 3rd guy is being denied by everyone in the comments. He’s Oromo kulaha

Easy for me tell see the difference. Somali guys are usually taller and have a distinct faces. Whereas Ethiopian have a broad face and usually shorter I’ve seen.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
That's where my grandparents are from, but we Oromos have a tradition of marrying from another clan. I also have a significant amount of Silte ancestry from my mother's side. And no, not all Jimma Oromo look bantu. Like this Shaykh from Jimma

So your jimman/omo tana ancestry is diluted with sem/cush silte. Interesting, is mixing with silte common in jimma

Big portion of somalis are delusional about their looks. Dark skin is the standard skin tone of somalis. Natural light skin somalis are less than 5%.
Never knew there was a census done on how much percent lighter-skinned Somalis make up of the Somali population.

:deadrose: :sass2:

Trending