Thomas Sowell on Social Justice Warriors (1999)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He mentions SJWs using poor minorities as mascots for their vision.

The part about SJW @10:55
tactics: Among them are lies, character assassination, and humiliation.

Sowell goes on to say that SJWs, after using these bad tactics, become too committed to the vision to either go back and reexamine their premise or abandon the moral crusade. In this way they victimize themselves.

His description seems to fit social justice warriors perfectly, even in the 90s before Twitter, Tumblr, SA, Reddit, etc. Pre-internet authoritarian left using alinskyite tactics to eliminate disparities not just caused by society, but also those attributed to cosmic chance.

Here is a similar written version of the speech:http://tsowell.com/spquestc.html

I thought it was interesting.

Tell me your thoughts on it?

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
That's why I compare SJW to salafi religious pricks. My aunt is one of them, I hate that woman. All she ever does is shame and character assassinate family members who don't follow the religion properly. Hijaabless women, music listeners, gender mixers etc. She is the quintessential SJW. No different than the people we are dealing with now.

And then there are the SJW pricks who have the takfeer card in their chest pocket ready to hand it out the like a football referee if you even dare to disagree with them.

All these people are a cancer to society.

We've become a pretentious society. This is the online version of a faarax/xalimo carrying a starbucks cup all day, constantly refilling it with water, to appear sophisticated among his/her circles.

The lies humiliation and character assassination is a self projection of their insecurities. You don't see people that are comfortable in their own skin and selves out there 24/7 fighting online battles that dont concern them.

Very sad state of affairs. on the one hand, you have the SJW trying their utmost to come across as very cultured and educated while nicking others tweets and on the other is the pseudo-religious ones dishing fatwas left right and centre.

Theres a somali mahmah... Diin talabada nabiga gaari weyde and couldnt reach some other talabo too. anyone know it?

Viceprez

I called Those people pseudo religious! They are not true religious people just like the Social justice Warriors are not fighting for true social justice. It is just delution.

Cuz true religious and true social justice folks would be tolerant and respectul and realistic , not hypocrits and liars.

Thomas Sowell waa nin rag ah!

I Admire this dude intellectually!
I have watched alot of his convos and lectures just pure remarkable stuff on economics, intelligence and race, etc

This was in the year 1999 .Even back Then these SJWs existed.

Niyoo TMG, have you learnt how to sniff out the SJW in real life? I can smell them from a mile.

These are the ones that come running in campus as soon as they see a somali looking person. "aboow, we have a somali society where we discuss somali issues and how to promote somali student etcetera etcetera" they make it seem like they looking out for the somali student and you personally will have your grievances addressed. Too many times I've fallen for this.

You go for the meeting and its stupid airhead pretentious young girls (for the most part) either trying to get a husband, trying to further their CV as head of 'SOMALI STUDENTS FOR ONLF' for future political gains, some trying to front as smart and politically aware -leaders of the group.
Meanwhile in attendance are either thirsty faraaxs, literally hungry and thirsty for free food faraaxs/xalimos, trapped ones like me who psychoanalyse the attendees and some who are first time attendants looking excited to be among somali 'intellectuals'

I know this one daughter to a infamous politician in somalia who took her fathers advice to form a somali society despite 70 others in existence to further her career. she wants to join some NGO as soon as shes done. My point is, no one really cares for the justice per se, its usually for personal reasons or to front.

Viceprez

I called Those people pseudo religious! They are not true religious people just like the Social justice Warriors are not fighting for true social justice. It is just delution.

Cuz true religious and true social justice folks would be tolerant and respectul and realistic , not hypocrits and liars.

Thomas Sowell waa nin rag ah!

I Admire this dude intellectually!
I have watched alot of his convos and lectures just pure remarkable stuff on economics, intelligence and race, etc

This was in the year 1999 .Even back Then these SJWs existed.

Bro, you really need to read Thomas Sowell's books. This guy waa niin rag

He's a true intellectual and a man worthy of respect. I've read several of his books and I'm thoroughly impressed with him

Bro, you really need to read Thomas Sowell's books. This guy waa niin rag

He's a true intellectual and a man worthy of respect. I've read several of his books and I'm thoroughly impressed with him

Saax walaal he Even tells African Americans Stop this victimhood crap it wont help ya just get to work He even tells the blacks that there is no correlation between the degree of discrimination and the degree to which groups advance. You just got to get to work, employ your own aquire skills , invest in your community. Build some cohension.

Anyways check out the thread i made in the business and development section.
http://www.somalispot.com/threads/e...tion-vs-hardwork-no-victimhood.695/#post-9374

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending