This somali letter was written 87 years ago in arabic script. Enjoy

Did you know somali was written in arabic script? makes much more sense I must say!

I wonder if theres more letters like this, allowing us into the world of our ancestors, how they spoke, what they did. I'm fascinated to know their use of the langauge.

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
Did you know somali was written in arabic script? makes much more sense I must say!

I wonder if theres more letters like this, allowing us into the world of our ancestors, how they spoke, what they did. I'm fascinated to know their use of the langauge.

far wadaad is the shit n west coast is the click:salute:

I dont know who was responsible for choosing Latin, but they sure as hell wont thinking of this from an islamic perspective....
it was switched with good intentions. The reason was we could take advantage of the new writing tech that was coming out. Imagine if we had the osmanya script and in this position(no peace) since we ain't creating shit many technologies wouldn't cover us at all our people would have missed out on a lot of stuff thus using english more our language would be dead. So Latin script was used so we could do just that. Thanks to the switch fobs could enjoy a lot of apps.

it was switched with good intentions. The reason was we could take advantage of the new writing tech that was coming out. Imagine if we had the osmanya script and in this position(no peace) since we ain't creating shit many technologies wouldn't cover us at all our people would have missed out on a lot of stuff thus using english more our language would be dead. So Latin script was used so we could do just that. Thanks to the switch fobs could enjoy a lot of apps.

Interested perspective. Did not think of it like that.

Although using arabic script would've sufficed.

OffTheDome

Proud American
Imagine we start using Far Wadaad again, Somalis back home would have higher literacy rates if everything was written in this Far Wadaad script, they’re already familiar with alif baa taa through reading the Quran/Hadiths.
:rejoice:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Trending

Latest posts