This pic is causing controversies on Somali social media

Status
Not open for further replies.
After khayre having taken a picture with what some section of Somalis considered “ ratchets xalimos” this pic is now the talk of the day on all Somali social media platforms.

Apparently according to them the xalimos who have been said to work in the US embassy do not reflect Somali culture as well as Muslims lol, because they not properly dressed.

What is your take?

C213DC00-A2CA-456B-8AEA-B972FF3A5524.png

Out of the 4, 3 are obese and 1 is fat heading towards that same direction

the obesity epidemic in our xaalimos is out of control, it's getting worse each year

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
when was wearing the bloody jiilbaab and burka considered fashion and a stable of Somali culture ? It was only a hundred years ago where Somali women wore guuntino and proudly showed their arms and hair ? When have we gone backwards ? These bloody backwards shiekhs or AKA monkeys can go F themselves these women are dresses conservatively. What on earth would these jihadi goons think when Somali women choose to wear pencil skirts and a blouse when attending meetings ? Which is what I wear when I go to formal events ? Girls don't worry you are dressed fine. Go represent the bueaty and brains within our community !!! And let these 7th century animals die, just ignore them, don't feed the beast let it die of starvation, I did long ago. And I've been happier since

when was wearing the bloody jiilbaab and burka considered fashion and a stable of Somali culture ? It was only a hundred years ago where Somali women wore guuntino and proudly showed their arms and hair ? When have we gone backwards ? These bloody backwards shiekhs or AKA monkeys can go F themselves these women are dresses conservatively. What on earth would these jihadi goons think when Somali women choose to wear pencil skirts and a blouse when attending meetings ? Which is what I wear when I go to formal events ? Girls don't worry you are dressed fine. Go represent the bueaty and brains within our community !!! And let these 7th century animals die, just ignore I did long ago
I thought my grandma didn't get to wear the traditional somali clothes, but apparently she did as a young girl. My mom is a hijabi & covers up, but surprisingly she also thinks those clothes were beautiful. Somalis are very peer pressured to do what everyone else is doing. :farmajoyaab:

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Woman should really stand up for themselves and say we don't give a f*ck what a stupid shiekh who has no education or enlightenment other than learning a book off by heart says about women's clothing, the success of somali women reverts an inner jealousy in men cuasing them to attack successful smart and independent women. Their time of dictating and controlling women is done it's the 21st century not the 7th century folks

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
I thought my grandma didn't get to wear the traditional somali clothes, but apparently she did as a young girl. My mom is a hijabi & covers up, but surprisingly she also thinks those clothes were beautiful. Somalis are very peer pressured to do what everyone else is doing. :farmajoyaab:
All Muslim communities have herd mentalities and if one exerts a counter clause of what the community wish to aspire to, like a mistake in a sketch he or she is erased out of existence. This is only evident in hardcore religious communities those who have evolved a secular mindset do not follow here mentality and believe in individualism.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
The traditional Somali clothing was mostly worn in nomadic communities during the 18th century, however the swinging 60s and disco pumping 70s Somalis lived a secular lifestyle, it was only until the civil war jihadi abdis infiltrated the desolate and hopeless communities and brainwashed them into Arabian mysogonistic principles of women being seen as second class citizens. Women and men who aspired for greatness were now aspiring for the afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending