This needs to stop

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
For the last 5 months my mother has been sending money to her relatives continuously to 4 different families and it has became a habit where they keep calling and asking for more money. It is not even funny anymore, my mother feels guilty if she doesn’t send it and I feel like her family are addicted to her. Yesterday we sent $1000 usd and I told my mother this her last time sending anything till next year.

should I block these people off my mothers phone and not tell her? Cause this is my only option hopefully my mother doesn’t notice anything.

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
If they need really it for food or health related things i dont see Why u againts it, not everyone has privilage like you in the west, plus ur mom are gaining ajar bless her.

But the story is diffrent if they only depand on ur mom while chewing khat and doing nothing :kanyeshrug:

bobsburger

I am NOT a federal agent
Set them up with a business opportunity like farm animals or a store or a car to take people around. If you are able bodied and choose not to work it's shameful asf.

Shogun

Waa anaga orodneey, nabad doonaney
If they need really it for food or health related things i dont see Why u againts it, not everyone has privilage like you in the west, plus ur mom are gaining ajar bless her.

But the story is diffrent if they only depand on ur mom while chewing khat and doing nothing :kanyeshrug:

Because there's a good chance they have other relatives in the West and they're just rinsing her. How is she going to support four whole families?

Don't block them on your mother's phone, it is not for you to decide. People back home have it really bad, there is no welfare, we are the welfare. If they really need it would be evil to stop it. But if they are chewing and scamming they deserve to be cut off.

Addislad

Farmaajo for president 2021
For the last 5 months my mother has been sending money to her relatives continuously to 4 different families and it has became a habit where they keep calling and asking for more money. It is not even funny anymore, my mother feels guilty if she doesn’t send it and I feel like her family are addicted to her. Yesterday we sent $1000 usd and I told my mother this her last time sending anything till next year.

should I block these people off my mothers phone and not tell her? Cause this is my only option hopefully my mother doesn’t notice anything.
Next time ur mom is sending money she should use my branch at hodan global

I will give her discount on the remittance fee :damedamn:

What?!? No! Why would you do that? You’ll be making your mom look bad plus all the habaar you’ll get. Just don’t interfere, advice your mom the best you can and let her make her own decision. Why make the decision for her? Don’t be controlling dear.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
1000?
Why so high. Break down the specifics

One guy left his family ( he has 8 kids) he has tahribed to saudi arabia and took a loan and the bank is calling his parents to pay immediately.

My mums auntie ( grandmas sis), my mother always sends money monthy to her, she is living well.

My mothers second cousin he has 7 kids and isn't working ( but has money to chew) and lastly my mothers cousin from her dads side who has never called us in our life calls and salams us but he lowkey wants money so my mother feels bad and says she will send him $100 :/

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
Block 'em on Facebook and just send texts to their Vodacom phone. #StarWars
basketballlebronbeardcavs.gif

One guy left his family ( he has 8 kids) he has tahribed to saudi arabia and took a loan and the bank is calling his parents to pay immediately.

My mums auntie ( grandmas sis), my mother always sends money monthy to her, she is living well.

My mothers second cousin he has 7 kids and isn't working ( but has money to chew) and lastly my mothers cousin from her dads side who has never called us in our life calls and salams us but he lowkey wants money so my mother feels bad and says she will send him $100 :/

MashaAllah may Allah reward your mother.

I would say so long as it does not hurt her, it is good to help her family members. If the guy takes his kids food money to buy khat, thats on him but 100 to 150 is reasonable.

There's two principles that are in tension but must be balanced.
The first is that only Allah (SWT) can suffice the haajjat (affairs) of all people so you should not sacrifice your well being to satisfy people. Only a few of Allah's servants can reach that maqam.

The second is that you should help people unless you know you're directly facilitating haram. Even if someone from back home says they want 20 fod their childs birthday, it might not be a necessity but it's a form of khair because youre creating happiness for human beings and youd appreciate the same being done.

1000 is a lot but it sounds about right for supporting 3 families back home. If it doesnt hurt your mom, then she should continue. That will ensure that inshaAllah you are always blessed. If its difficult, she can just cut back on the amount

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Because there's a good chance they have other relatives in the West and they're just rinsing her. How is she going to support four whole families?
exactly lol, her mom’s not a charity. Just because they need money doesn’t mean they need her mom’s money.

Even though people really need the money I feel like us people who came to the west completely handicapped the somali economy:/ nobody can find jobs because there are no jobs and so everyone depends on remittances and so nobody feels obligated to create jobs but if you cut them off, they may go hungry... it’s an endless loop

Maybe instead of remittances for our relatives people should start donating to small business initiatives. I can’t take somali people seriously if they are afraid to do certain honest professions because it looks bad even though trade could make more money than say...the 100th hotel with it a 4 mile radius

the problemwith Somalia is everything revolves around the cursed government:mybusiness:

You should interfere before she ends up on 90 days fiance :damedamn:

Trending