This is why Somalia is cursed! Discriminated qabiil kills 4 dad killed 20-yrs-ago but why did they ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
:vanlf9a: Is a prominent philanthropist, the Cabdimalik Coldoon of the south. He shows suffering people on social media and collects money to be given to the sufferers. He is social media famous.

Now he reveals that his life is under threat. He has been sentenced to death in Puntland.

This is the story

20 years ago this philanthropist's dad was killed. At the time he was a little boy and was never part of the Mag ( compensation) negotiated. His elders negotiated in their behalf and settled for compensation instead of having the killer killed. The compensation was supposed to be 100 camels. They only received 30. For the past 20 years they couldn't get the rest of it. Then recently the killer's nephew was elected an MP and so they approached the guy to pay up for that compensation. He told them to "f*ck OFF". Keep in mind that deceased sons are of age now. There was one hard headed one who took it personal with this rejection. He picked up a gun and killed the killer's nephew in revenge for his dad.

when that happened the philanthropist and all his brothers fled to Somaliland. The MP guy goes to court and uses his government connection to have 6 guys from the philanthropist's male siblings to death in absentia.

THIS IS WHY SOMALIA WILL NEVER SETTLE

This is why I never want it to settle and be in peace as long as one person uses the power endowed on him by government positions.

Last edited:
I know this is serious and sad, but I can't stop laughing sxb. So all the problems is because one family didn't want to give the other 70 camels? camels??

:siilaanyolaugh:

wallahi this is too funny. But seriously, when the murder happened, they should've given a timeframe in which the camels are paid. After 20 years, the feeling of guilt or obligation completely faded away in the other family that's why they don't want to pay. The original people who judged the case and gave the verdict are probably old or somewhere else.

I think that's the main issue, not the governmental thing. I think xeer is a great system of law.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I know this is serious and sad, but I can't stop laughing sxb. So all the problems is because one family didn't want to give the other 70 camels? camels??

:siilaanyolaugh:

wallahi this is too funny. But seriously, when the murder happened, they should've given a timeframe in which the camels are paid. After 20 years, the feeling of guilt or obligation completely faded away in the other family that's why they don't want to pay. The original people who judged the case and gave the verdict are probably old or somewhere else.

I think that's the main issue, not the governmental thing. I think xeer is a great system of law.

Camels are customary way to pay by our people but it can always paid monetarily. I wonder though, if the murderer's family were willing to pay and requested to pay monetarily would they pay it in the selling rate of camels in 1997? A camel was $200 then and now it's $1100.

@Haji i totally reject your xoolinimo disregard of responsibility no matter the passsage of time. We are Somali and I love the fact that my son would revenge foe me 50 years after my murder if the compensation ain't paid. Your sons could be toddlers when you are killed but have the peace of mind to know that your sons will grow up and kill :salute::salute:

Camels are customary way to pay by our people but it can always paid monetarily. I wonder though, if the murderer's family were willing to pay and requested to pay monetarily would they pay it in the selling rate of camels in 1997? A camel was $200 then and now it's $1100.

@Haji i totally reject your xoolinimo disregard of responsibility no matter the passsage of time. We are Somali and I love the fact that my son would revenge foe me 50 years after my murder if the compensation ain't paid. Your sons could be toddlers when you are killed but have the peace of mind to know that your sons will grow up and kill :salute::salute:

That's sounds cool and all, but do you really want revenge for something that happened 20 years ago? You have to let these old things go, and move on with your life. The important thing is to learn to not allow it to happen again by becoming better in your own life.

EDIT: You know what's interesting, you just reminded me of the gangs in Toronto. One gang will kill someone from another, then the other will kill the other in revenge. The after it's all done, they all end up in jail or dead.

:ohhh:

maybe it's like that in somali, but with qabils and stuff

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
70 Camels equals 70 000 racks . Streets gotta eat , though I believe in forgiveness and reconciliation .

How would you feel that when you came of age that you grew up in poverty and the people that killed your father are balling and refusing to pay up the remainder of the Mag? On top of that, when you approached the nigga you were challenged to a fight to put you in your place. Keep in mind that you been harboring a lot of hate and anguish for losing your father and now this kid is saying that he'll cut you a bus ticket to Aakhiro to join your father

How would you feel that when you came of age that you grew up in poverty and the people that killed your father are balling and refusing to pay up the remainder of the Mag?
I believe in the philosophy of forgiveness and reconciliation rather than making more orphan.Having said that , I fully understand that things get ugly If the streets don't eat .

How would you feel that when you came of age that you grew up in poverty and the people that killed your father are balling and refusing to pay up the remainder of the Mag? On top of that, when you approached the nigga you were challenged to a fight to put you in your place. Keep in mind that you been harboring a lot of hate and anguish for losing your father and now this kid is saying that he'll cut you a bus ticket to Aakhiro to join your father

The reason they're in poverty is not the murderers fault, it's their fault. Jealousy doesn't bring you success in life. It's wrong that they're father was killed, but instead of chasing after money that won't come except through fighting why not start a business or get an education?

Even if they really want revenge, they should do it when they're family is stronger than the other family.

They played their cards wrong.

:damedamn:

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
The reason they're in poverty is not the murderers fault, it's their fault. Jealousy doesn't bring you success in life. It's wrong that they're father was killed, but instead of chasing after money that won't come except through fighting why not start a business or get an education?

Even if they really want revenge, they should do it when they're family is stronger than the other family.

They played their cards wrong.

:damedamn:

I think I have no forgiveness if any of my immediate loved ones are killed. I would go the ends of the world for revenge. Life is worth nothing if injustice has been committed upon you ( in talking about murder injustice). I would not rest till I kill.

I think I have no forgiveness if any of my immediate loved ones are killed. I would go the ends of the world for revenge. Life is worth nothing if injustice has been committed upon you ( in talking about murder injustice). I would not rest till I kill.

I understand, at least when you're taking revenge make sure that you can actually take revenge without suffering in return! You want revenge for one family member, but that might make you lose more.

:mybusiness:

mrlog

VIP
Abti I'm confused.
The killers nephew became an MP and when approached by the deceased sons told them to Fruck off.
One of the sons killed the MP who is the killers nephew.
So who's the MP who used his connections to get the sons sentenced in absentia???

:gaasdrink:

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
The blood money system is bullshit.

Try asking for compensation if you're from a powerless minority clan.

Still I guess there is a business opportunity for debt collectors in that market:shaq:

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Abti I'm confused.
The killers nephew became an MP and when approached by the deceased sons told them to Fruck off.
One of the sons killed the MP who is the killers nephew.
So who's the MP who used his connections to get the sons sentenced in absentia???

:gaasdrink:

My writing suffers from being a 1993 child victim of famine.

I apologize.

Let me correct it. The victim's son killed the brother of the MP cause he can't get to the MP. The MP and his brother's uncle is the killer who lives peacefully in Nairobi too afraid to comeback. Now he can comeback though cause they are the predators now

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I understand, at least when you're taking revenge make sure that you can actually take revenge without suffering in return! You want revenge for one family member, but that might make you lose more.

:mybusiness:

What was that kid thinking :drakewtf:killing at their weakest time :dwill:

These niggaz had a man in the government, world's most corrupt country.

Idiot killed the guy only to have the dude in the government order the court to sentence 6 dudes to death in absentia:drakekidding:

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
They will need to abolish blood money and institute hard sentencing for murder, I don't believe in the death penalty because there are many cases it goes wrong and innocent people die but there should be a prison just for murderers where they linger till they die

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I'd tell you what needs to stop, killing someone innocent. Niggaz will kill a cousin 3x removed from. Hada a random guy looking after his goat with no clue to what his distanced cousin done 2 years in a city far away.

How abt the time this qabiil killed a guy getting a plane (back in the late 1990s) . They killed this dude because their own was killed by a clan member of this random guy getting off the plane. When asked "why did you killed this guy when you had other dudes from the same clan that were roaming around in town" and their reply was " our deceased clan member was valued higher than these xoolo ones here therefore we waited till one that was worth killing". :drakewtf::dwill::dwill::dwill::dwill:

I don't feel bad. Everything this man hypocritically says, can be used for the innocent man he killed.

He didn't negotiate the blood money.

Well neither did the guy they killed in retaliation.

His relatives are being killed for something they didn't do.

Well did the MPs brother do something? No

If a hand has no blood on it, you shouldn't have spilled theirs.

They played dirty, ran to Somaliland and want sympathy.

Make no mistake i think this is all a mess, but if this so called "philanthropist" feels bad, he should return and answer for his mistake and get his 5 relatives out that jam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending