This is bugging me. islamic marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
so basically people are just marrying strangers they only had a few meetings with. some people meet someone like once or twice and make the decision they are wife material/husband material.

You can't even ask personal questions since usually a brother/father of the person you are meeting is there.

plus you got racist parents, so the person you meet could like you but they can't marry you because they parents wouldn't want you. since women need permission from wali. parents would barely even know you too.

than you get married. two people who barely know each other are living under the same roof. that is just weird. how do you trust someone like that so quickly to live with. now you got to start a relationship with this person. it can turn out good, or it can turn out bad to the point where you hate that person.

imagine wasting money for a wedding and just getting a divorce after a year or two.

Last edited:

dr.leorio

death\emitter
Sxb don't spend too much time thinking about marriage when there's far greater things to worry about. Go get your degree, learn more about your religion, spend time with family, travel the world and save some money before jumping into marriage. You need to be a wholesome well-rounded independent person before even thinking about it. I know life is short and times a tickin' but you should never get married for the wrong reasons. I.e Sex, "love" aka lust etc

Somalis in general don't take marriage seriously and that's why we have such ridiculously high divorce rates. I on the other hand think we should take marriage extremely seriously! I mean it involves spending the rest of your days living with that same person so you need to choose wisely.

Moral of the story: Relax, breathe and have faith in Allah that he'll guide you to your other half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending