This farmer is using an ancient technique to reverse desertification

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/09/burkinabe-farmer-wins-alternative-nobel-for-drought-fighting-t
echnique/
A farmer from Burkina Faso who popularized an ancient farming technique to reverse desertification is among the winners of Sweden's "alternative Nobel prize", announced on Monday.

Yacouba Sawadogo shared this year's award with three Saudi human rights activists and an Australian agronomist. The 3 million Swedish crown ($341,800) prize honours people who find solutions to global problems.

Yacouba Sawadogo was the subject of a 2010 documentary called 'The Man Who Stopped the Desert'.
Image: Right Livelihood Award/Mark Dodd
Sawadogo is known for turning barren land into forest using "zai" - pits dug in hardened soil that concentrate water and nutrients, allowing crops to withstand drought.

The technique has been used to restore thousands of hectares of dry land and in doing so reduce hunger in Burkina Faso and Niger since he began to teach it in the 1980s, according to the Right Livelihood Award Foundation.

Sawadogo said he hoped he would be able to "use the award for the future".

"My wish is for people to take my knowledge and share it. This can benefit the youth of the country," he told the Thomson Reuters Foundation by phone from his village in Burkina Faso.

The country dips into a semi-arid zone below the Sahara desert known as the Sahel, where climate change and land overuse are making it increasingly difficult to farm, experts say.

"Yacouba Sawadogo vowed to stop the desert – and he made it," said Ole von Uexkull, executive director of the Right Livelihood Award Foundation.

"If local communities and international experts are ready to learn from his wisdom, it will be possible to regenerate large areas of degraded land, decrease forced migration and build peace in the Sahel."

Last year, erratic rains left nearly a million people in need of food aid across the country.

Sawadogo initially faced resistance for his unconventional technique, based on an ancient method that had fallen out of practice. Now "zai" have been adopted by aid agencies working to prevent hunger in the region.

Sawadogo told his story in a 2010 film called "The Man Who Stopped the Desert".

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
This is actually true wth. :drakelaugh:

" Hey how you been, it's been a tough month.. Im late on my car payments, i just need $799 just to make it by, please I need the help, I'll pay you back I swear.. oh my trip to mexico? How did i get money for that? Don't worry about that.. look can you help me or not? I don't need these games walahi"

:mybusiness::mybusiness::mybusiness::mybusiness::mybusiness:

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
Looks like Ilhan wasn’t the only one getting hustled. I wish we had real men.

Oh well :pachah1:, this could be an advantage for Somali women, If i was in charge of all somali women globally I would take advantage of the weakest moment somali mens ever been in history, take control of them, and never let it go wallahi.

think about it, whose got the most money in the somali community, whose more trusted and more reliable, somali women! if we organize we can run our entire diaspora and back home wallahi, if we have 1 agenda... but I think too big:manny:. let the somali guys kill each other, we'll just keep a few on a leash and buy them jordans here and there, while we sit in the big chair and make the big decisions.

Muji

VIP
Oh well :pachah1:, this could be an advantage for Somali women, If i was in charge of all somali women globally I would take advantage of the weakest moment somali mens ever been in history, take control of them, and never let it go wallahi.

think about it, whose got the most money in the somali community, whose more trusted and more reliable, somali women! if we organize we can run our entire diaspora and back home wallahi, if we have 1 agenda... but I think too big:manny:. let the somali guys kill each other, we'll just keep a few on a leash and buy them jordans here and there, while we sit in the big chair and make the big decisions.

Don’t deal with Somali men sis. They are toxic and will take you down with them.

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
Don’t deal with Somali men sis. They are toxic and will take you down with them.

I have a few on pay roll to follow my agenda, you always need a few who can follow orders abaayo, if they want to act like women, wallahi I will treat them as such. You know how many dudes i got handling certain parts of my affairs :pachah1:, and they are always on time like ashanti and ja rule. Or else!:pachah1:

But Somali girls in 2019, they have power, education, and wealth, I hate seeing it squandered and for them to be used and abused by Somali men. Let's do the opposite.. all I'm saying.

I know Somali girls who pick up their male "friends" from their workplace and drop them off home, I know Somali girls who get somali guys jobs, help them fill out applications etc. Like mentioned they buy their male friends sneakers like they are little brothers lol.

If we want strong men so we can take over the world together, we can't coddle them. If Im gonna take care of anyone, they better listen to my fucking orders, I don't raise people for free wallahi, and I truly think other Somali women need to think that way, instead of giving unconditional love and assistance that is truly destroying our diaspora and homeland(s).

Muji

VIP
I have a few on pay roll to follow my agenda, you always need a few who can follow orders abaayo, if they want to act like women, wallahi I will treat them as such. You know how many dudes i got handling certain parts of my affairs :pachah1:, and they are always on time like ashanti and ja rule. Or else!:pachah1:

But Somali girls in 2019, they have power, education, and wealth, I hate seeing it squandered and for them to be used and abused by Somali men. Let's do the opposite.. all I'm saying.

I know Somali girls who pick up their male "friends" from their workplace and drop them off home, I know Somali girls who get somali guys jobs, help them fill out applications etc. Like mentioned they buy their male friends sneakers like they are little brothers lol.

If we want strong men so we can take over the world together, we can't coddle them. If Im gonna take care of anyone, they better listen to my fucking orders, I don't raise people for free wallahi, and I truly think other Somali women need to think that way, instead of giving unconditional love and assistance that is truly destroying our diaspora and homeland(s).
Save yourself the time and don’t deal with them. Use them and drop them

the topic for this thread is regarding how to reverse desertification. look at how these horny miserable xalimoids turned it into farax bashing.

Trending

Latest posts