This arab sheikh is fluent in Somali or is he Somali?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These guys are utilizing their time and language skills to do something positive that also reflects on Somalis positively. You can't say that about many who populate this forum who are too busy spilling their resentment about Somalis and trash talk other Somali clans on a daily basis.

These young guys are good examples of Somalis doing something good for themselves and for their communities. They show they have manners and culture.

Last edited:
Why do Somalis get excited and act like beggars when a non-Somali speaks the language? Who cares if he knows how to speak Somali or not. It isn't "amazing" to see.

In consideration of how many on here alone who don't speak Somali, I dare say these guys should be celebrated saxib. So yea, they are amazing for speaking Somali if they were born in a foreign country. A success many Somali kids like them can not achieve or haven't achieved.

Plus their manners, they also outshine many on here who claim to be pure Somalis.

Apollo

VIP
In consideration of how many on here alone who don't speak Somali, I dare say these guys should be celebrated saxib. So yea, they are amazing for speaking Somali if they were born in a foreign country. A success many Somali kids like them can not achieve or haven't achieved.

Plus their manners, they also outshine many on here who claim to be pure Somalis.

Af-Somali is useless in the West, that's why many Western Somali kids don't bother to learn it to a high level.

Af-Somali is useless in the West, that's why many Western Somali kids don't bother to learn it to a high level.

No, they hire Somali translators in states where Somalis have sizable populations. If your value of a language is based on its ability to make money , there you have it. Let me know if you change your mind since your primary dollar concern is answered with regards to Af Somali.

Apollo

VIP
No, they hire Somali translators in states where Somalis have sizable populations. If your value of a language is based on its ability to make money , there you have it. Let me know if you change your mind since your primary dollar concern is answered with regards to Af Somali.

Not money, but general usefulness. Somali media sucks. Young Somalis in the West don't follow Somali news or media and they only use Somali to speak with their parents and some friends. It's not a big part of their life. Hence, why the language skills are decaying in the West. It's to be expected.

Most Italian-Americans don't speak Italian any longer. Same will happen to the Somali diaspora given enough time.

Not money, but general usefulness. Somali media sucks. Young Somalis in the West don't follow Somali news or media and they only use Somali to speak with their parents and some friends. It's not a big part of their life. Hence, why the language skills are decaying in the West. It's to be expected.

Most Italian-Americans don't speak Italian any longer. Same will happen to the Somali diaspora given enough time.

Somali media websites is geared towards Somali adults bro. Somali kids who live in Somalia won't even enjoy their services.. With that said though, there is joy to be had from speaking your native language in some capacity when you grow up in foreign country. It instills confidence and a sense of belonging. Race matters in the world today and people are obsessed with ethnicity, so it helps a Somali kid to have solid foundation ethnically as they navigate race charged societies.

Do you even speak Somali?

You will question peoples somalinimo because they're not as dark as you?

Everyone doesn't look like you.

You must be a teenager or you haven't been to Somalia. You couldn't of said that with a straight face :mjlol:

An ethnic Somali doesn't look like these guys you turd. There's no point in arguing with you.

You must be a teenager or you haven't been to Somalia. You couldn't of said that with a straight face :mjlol:

An ethnic Somali doesn't look like these guys you turd. There's no point in arguing with you.
Yes you're right there is no somali that looks like them but there are Somalis that have the same skin tone I've seen many and they weren't cad cad or reer xamar

TooMacaan

VIP
These guys look kinda Omani to me.

Anyways, this isn't super related to the topic but...I saw this guy on YT who I initially thought was Somali:whoo: but later on, it turned out he wasn't. I'm still kinda surprised; am I the only one who thinks he looks Somali???

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

These guys look kinda Omani to me.

Anyways, this isn't super related to the topic but...I saw this guy on YT who I initially thought was Somali:whoo: but later on, it turned out he wasn't. I'm still kinda surprised; am I the only one who thinks he looks Somali???

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yemeni but clearly has african ancestry

TooMacaan

VIP
Yemeni but clearly has african ancestry
Yh, that's what he is, but he even went as far as to put "FULLY Yemeni in his bio":mjlol:. I just didn't think he looked it initially, bc Yemenis with African ancestry tend to have kinkier hair & small/medium sized lips..as opposed to silky curls/big lips, which is usually more common among Somalis ime.

Vanguard

Fino alla morte
I don't care what you think. I said my opinion if you don't like it keep it moving. Simple.

Chill, there's no need to go on the defense. No full Somali looks like this. You can easily tell they're not ethnically Somali and if they are, they're probably mixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts