Thinking about future and want to get my phd to teach as professor in a somali uni

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
A PhD is a serious commitment, which can easily take over a decade of university study.

It's better to finish a bachelors and master after high school, get a good job and then come back to PhD before you decide to retire.

With that plan, you can become a PhD when you decide to head back home and retire. You can even rely on your pension as a salary while teaching.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
abaaay @Periplus is correct.

Step by Step huuno. Graduate High school. Graduate College. And then PHD. Hopefully u will get your dream. Hopefully by then, Somalia has a strong govt and your safety will be good.

A PhD is a serious commitment, which can easily take over a decade of university study.

It's better to finish a bachelors and master after high school, get a good job and then come back to PhD before you decide to retire.

With that plan, you can become a PhD when you decide to head back home and retire. You can even rely on your pension as a salary while teaching.

Yes I was also thinking of going there when I retire but then that means I will have to have children in america, thats why i want to finish soon - about late 20s/early 30s so I can get married as soon as I get there.

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
If you sure that teaching is your goal then go for the phd because now I’m in my early 20s about to graduate uni this year and I’ve met tons and tons of people who switched majors after their first year at uni because they didn’t think it was realistic in the future

before you start your undergrad make sure you’ve done enough research and thought it through before going with the program. If you go into teaching skeptical then pay 1 years of tuition just to change and start over again the 2nd you wasted all that (serious money) for nothing

think it through and see if it’s a high paying job back in Somalia, one thing I do know is that engineering is the highest paying somali job that foreigners usually go into. I know of 2 people making 100k back home from industrial engineering.

By the way you won’t get your phd till your late 20s you got a long long way to go sxb

If you sure that teaching is your goal then go for the phd because now I’m in my early 20s about to graduate uni this year and I’ve met tons and tons of people who switched majors after their first year at uni because they didn’t think it was realistic in the future

before you start your undergrad make sure you’ve done enough research and thought it through before going with the program. If you go into teaching skeptical then pay 1 years of tuition just to change and start over again the 2nd you wasted all that (serious money) for nothing

think it through and see if it’s a high paying job back in Somalia, one thing I do know is that engineering is the highest paying somali job that foreigners usually go into. I know of 2 people making 100k back home from industrial engineering.

By the way you won’t get your phd till your late 20s you got a long long way to go sxb
I dont want to just teach I also want to do research but if there is no funding for such a program I dont mind being a teacher at a local uni. I already thought about it and if I dont like research I will just take masters and get a job as a software dev/engineer. Also I dont care much for pay as long I am not poor

Not good to plan out for such a long period all the way to retirement.

Things change and you change with them.

Start small with the next 5 years first and see how that goes.

Trending