Things not needed and things that's badly needed back home ( add more ideas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
Cement and steel industries can't build a nation without them

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Cement and steel industries can't build a nation without them

As a matter of fact the material they have now is inadequate and we need the real stuff. Go get it for us manne.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
@TheShinning have you thought about having a Maid agency where you vet them for the client that'll hire them?

Maids are needed, honest maids who wont steal.
I'm guessing from your previous suggestions you are picturing the French maid type of service? but you are onto something, Somalis are really lazy. I bet you would make a killing with this business.

I was in Kenya couple of years ago, and everyone had a maid who washes their clothes and dishes. Lol these people live in a one shitty bedroom and get their monthly allowance from someone in the west yet they have the audacity to employee someone to do their chores.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I'm guessing from your previous suggestions you are picturing the French maid type of service? but you are onto something, Somalis are really lazy. I bet you would make a killing with this business.

I was in Kenya couple of years ago, and everyone had a maid who washes their clothes and dishes. Lol these people live in a one shitty bedroom and get their monthly allowance from someone in the west yet they have the audacity to employee someone to do their chores.

Ive also witnessed that! how they abuse them is just incredible. I got so upset with some people while there. These maids are so timid that they behave like slaves. I couldnt even talk to the like equals bc they kept calling me Boss :susp:

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
As a matter of fact the material they have now is inadequate and we need the real stuff. Go get it for us manne.
cement/steel manufacturing requires serious time, energy, and capital investment by the time we start building it would be attacked , the fact that we don't have an electrical grid would mean the cement or steel would not get off the production line and finally it would cost about One Billion dollars probably more cause this is Somalia not a country with functional infrastructure to support it. But if done this would provide jobs for 100,000s directly or indirectly and cheapening all future infrastructure projects.
img.jpg

Hargeisa brothels are not international standards though the business is booming so I want to improve on that.

A sort of red light district is needed that runs 24/7

NotMyL

VIP
Ive also witnessed that! how they abuse them is just incredible. I got so upset with some people while there. These maids are so timid that they behave like slaves. I couldnt even talk to the like equals bc they kept calling me Boss :susp:
Tell me about it, it made me physically uncomfortable when my relatives used to say Madowti aa waay

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Tell me about it, it made me physically uncomfortable when my relatives used to say Madowti aa waay

I was straight up told "you have that Western bleeding heart, these people thieves and disloyal ". They are stealing because you paying them $50 a month while ordering them around as if they were machines. You eat delicious food while you allow them to eat left overs. You watch tv lazily while you laugh at your entertainment while this maid is doing hard labor for you. You fucking lucky she hasnt killed you bastards.

I ended up gaining the trust of the maid of the house I was staying at and she opened up to me. She use to travel from the biggest slum in the world, the Kibera slums. She comes from there to a estate in South C. The disparity between her employer's life and her life was ridiculous. She had kids to raise and dead beat dad. I remember giving her money when I was leaving. She asked me to keep in touch cause I told her I was gonna send her money when I get back to the states. Unfortunately that family fired her soon after I left. Cause I ask to speak to her when I got back and I lost her number.

NotMyL

VIP
I was straight up told "you have that Western bleeding heart, these people thieves and disloyal ". They are stealing because you paying them $50 a month while ordering them around as if they were machines. You eat delicious food while you allow them to eat left overs. You watch tv lazily while you laugh at your entertainment while this maid is doing hard labor for you. You fucking lucky she hasnt killed you bastards.

I ended up gaining the trust of the maid of the house I was staying at and she opened up to me. She use to travel from the biggest slum in the world, the Kibera slums. She comes from there to a estate in South C. The disparity between her employer's life and her life was ridiculous. She had kids to raise and dead beat dad. I remember giving her money when I was leaving. She asked me to keep in touch cause I told her I was gonna send her money when I get back to the states. Unfortunately that family fired her soon after I left. Cause I ask to speak to her when I got back and I lost her number.
Aww that's very sweet, who knew you had a heart lol

cement/steel manufacturing requires serious time, energy, and capital investment by the time we start building it would be attacked , the fact that we don't have an electrical grid would mean the cement or steel would not get off the production line and finally it would cost about One Billion dollars probably more cause this is Somalia not a country with functional infrastructure to support it. But if done this would provide jobs for 100,000s directly or indirectly and cheapening all future infrastructure projects.
img.jpg
hopefully I can put my degree to use down the line, somalia has the resources but lacks the essential infrastructure to fully benefit from them. I think we need a mass exodus of the skilled diaspora coupled with foreign investment but that is far fetched idealism at the moment. What I have trouble understanding is where to draw the line from attracting other companies and hence investment to being exploited and selling our resources dirt cheap.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Aww that's very sweet, who knew you had a heart lol

I'm a perv but I have a soft place for the less fortunate. I do things for them between me and god. I won't discuss it.

But

Sometimes you can't even help out unrelated people back home.

There is this dude that use to be at a basketball court that I use to go to in Hargeisa. I was friendly and would chat with him. When I was leaving he asked for my fb which I gave it to him. He sat on my fb and would sometimes say "hi". Then one Eid day 2 years ago he asked me for some money and I send it to him. I then would just send him every 4-6 months from my own will but then this dude started asking for more, he'd ask that I send him a phone :bell: keep in mind im unrelated to him and it was from the goodwill of my heart. Like you know how Westerners adopt a kid to send $5 a month :lolbron:

I got pissed at him and now he calls me on fb messanger none stop. I'm not gonna block him but I'll wait till he stops and I'll send some money.

That surprise makes me happy where I slap people back home with unsuspecting money, like it's falling from the sky. :manny:

@TheShinning

Last edited:

Genie

The last suugo bender
Roads,
Sewage system,
Just law system,
Proper cops,
Tribes united,
Me,
Free wifi and electricity for ALL,
children from poor to rich should own a laptop, Pc or tablet to do online learning at home!,
Me,
uncorrupt leaders,
FGM officially banned and users will face just consequences,
solid , well backed currency,
Fish industry,
Agricultural industry,
reforestation in arid regions.
solar panels on every home,
water purifiers,
Give Nomads an ultimatum either get free land and learn to farm , or get fined for moving into territories without permission,
tax citizens the zakat percent of 2.5% equivalent of everyone's wealth, private institutions and certain buisness's get extra taxes,
Reopen ports,
Motive for tourism (good tourism minister),
excavate sites , our history is rich something tells me much of it needs excavating,
and of course....
ME!
Clean water for all!
mining our minerals
Aim for excellent education create annual competitions like architecture , computing and engineering fairs as well as poetry , reading or science fairs to get our competitive flair up.
have also annual football and sporting competitions i know some elders do mini archery competitons here and there basically events to get the country to feel...together
might add more later,

Last edited:

maestro

Cultural revolution
Whats badly needed is ROADS

especially when theres more cars on the roads which Leads to traffic jams

Also government should implement their ideas quickly instead of making a news clip about what they planning to do cause I saw a news footage a year ago of road signs they have and the ideas they are planning to enforce

The ideas they mentioned was

- All drivers must have turned 18
If someone whose under 18 is driving repurcussions Will follow

-all drivers must have a driver liscence they also must pass the test needed to acquire one

-if youre vision is bad or youre blind in one eye youre not allowed to drive

- No shops or market vendors are allowed to be placed on the roads

All this Will make sure there Will be less cars on the roads

Agreed. Infrastructure is a must

I would push the legal driving age to 16 though since they're capable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts