They Demand 10k 15k 20k Mehr...Only To Serve You This For Dinner.....

I don't really understand Somali dudes who complain about mehr. If the girl asks you for high mehr she is most likely not into you. If a Somali girl is into you and really wants to marry you, she is not going to ask for high mehr. She is going to make it really easy and have very few demands.

So in a way you are just telling the world that girls and women aren't really into you and you have to pay them to be, everytime you guys rinse this dumb topic

So please drop this whole 20k or 50k BS just take the L and move on with your lives.

Other times they probably ask that because their families and fathers pressure them into it. I don't know how common this or if Somali girls have total choice over it. But i read that back in the day Somali fathers would demand high bride wealth for their daughters when marrying another Somali, so it might just be a carry on from that tradition

Also learn to cook for yourselves , it is an important life skill everybody needs to learn.

We don't live in 1900s where people had divide into complimentary roles to ensure survival , there is absoulutely no reason for you as a grown man in 2021 to not be able to cook for yourself and do your own chores.

U kinda make sense. Today-- women are not helpless like it was 1500 years ago when mehr was decreed halaal.

Today- women are earning more than their husbands. I know God is justice, so a wife earning more money than her husband and getting a high mehr is not justice.

That is why i say-- the world will have order if everyone played their natural role.

The position of women might have changed, but biology hasn't. Women are limited by their childbearing. Also, women are expected to do most of the cooking and cleaning. Multiple studies show that mothers still do 80%. If men don't provide, what is their role? To be sperm donors? They hardly help as much as think they do. Nor can they give birth, go through all the complications which are something real health problems, breast feed, nurture ect.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
If you don't like her cooking, why don't you cook instead. Let your spouse do other chores and you handle the cooking. Mehr isn't a license to be excused from housework.

Marriage is a partnership to make life easier on one another.

The position of women might have changed, but biology hasn't. Women are limited by their childbearing. Also, women are expected to do most of the cooking and cleaning. Multiple studies show that mothers still do 80%. If men don't provide, what is their role? To be sperm donors? They hardly help as much as think they do. Nor can they give birth, go through all the complications which are something real health problems, breast feed, nurture ect.
Men and women should do the household choirs together, and pay the bills 50% each. As for the giving birth, the husband has to pay the bills for that period. Mehr is practically bribing, besides it is not really a lot of money, most women get 5k-50k.

Men and women should do the household choirs together, and pay the bills 50% each. As for the giving birth, the husband has to pay the bills for that period. Mehr is practically bribing, besides it is not really a lot of money, most women get 5k-50k.

The mehr isn't even up for debate for Muslims.Your marriage as a Muslim couple isn't even valid without mehr. Allah talks about it in the Quran and orders Muslim men to pay their brides mehr. It is a gift men give to their wives to show their commitment.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
I don't really understand Somali dudes who complain about mehr. If the girl asks you for high mehr she is most likely not into you. If a Somali girl is into you and really wants to marry you, she is not going to ask for high mehr. She is going to make it really easy and have very few demands.

So in a way you are just telling the world that girls and women aren't really into you and you have to pay them to be, everytime you guys rinse this dumb topic

So please drop this whole 20k or 50k BS just take the L and move on with your lives.

Other times they probably ask that because their families and fathers pressure them into it. I don't know how common this or if Somali girls have total choice over it. But i read that back in the day Somali fathers would demand high bride wealth for their daughters when marrying another Somali, so it might just be a carry on from that tradition

Also learn to cook for yourselves , it is an important life skill everybody needs to learn.

We don't live in 1900s where people had divide into complimentary roles to ensure survival , there is absoulutely no reason for you as a grown man in 2021 to not be able to cook for yourself and do your own chores.

It's not that serious, macaanay

Karaboga

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep
Where's the carbs, this isn't Somali cooking at all. :wtfdis:

50% Carbs, 45% Protein, 5% Greens. That's the correct ratio.:silanyosmile:
Thats on the rare occasion, typically you get a large plate of past/rice and suugo with a liter of oil and hardly any meat.
:ohlord::bell::wow::snoop:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Huuno.....
1634129531041.png

Your creator Allaah swt is your provider- NOT MAN

Take the Lion for instance? What good is he? The laziest mammal i know in existence. (the image of a male lion running while his cubs are running after him is the epitome of what a lion male is lol-So Human male are no different) He only uses his power of killing once in a blue moon. Otherwise the lionesses are the hunters, the nurturers, and the sex concubines for the lion.

It is the law huuno-- abide by it.

Huuno.....View attachment 203733

Your creator Allaah swt is your provider- NOT MAN

Take the Lion for instance? What good is he? The laziest mammal i know in existence. (the image of a male lion running while his cubs are running after him is the epitome of what a lion male is lol-So Human male are no different) He only uses his power of killing once in a blue moon. Otherwise the lionesses are the hunters, the nurturers, and the sex concubines for the lion.

It is the law huuno-- abide by it.

It literally says men are the protectors and maintainers of women in the Quraan. Lets abide by that. It is his role. We're not animals.

It's not that serious, macaanay

I always hear this mehr mehr business. I don't understand the complaint around it, especially since you have option to decline and choose not to marry that person. It's same topic brought over and over again.

Somali men need to stop expecting your wife to be your caretaker , they need to start doing things for themselves and learn to cook. Also studies have shown that men who help their wives with house chores are in more sucessful relationships.

If guys think the women of our generation(Millennials/GenZ) are gonna cater to them like our mothers did they're out to lunch. Before it was 90-10 ratio with women doing 90% of the household chores, now it's more like 60-40 I'd say.

If guys think the women of our generation(Millennials/GenZ) are gonna cater to them like our mothers did they're out to lunch. Before it was 90-10 ratio with women doing 90% of the household chores, now it's more like 60-40 I'd say.

It's a natural progression of things, more men helping out in the house will increase father involvement and this is something Somalis desperately need.

Increased father involvement in the house will also make the mother not strangle their son and make them into a stand in for their father's lack of prescense or affection.

It's a natural progression of things, more men helping out in the house will increase father involvement and this is something Somalis desperately need.

Increased father involvement in the house will also make the mother not strangle their son and make them into a stand in for their father's lack of prescense or affection.
Very good point.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
I always hear this mehr mehr business. I don't understand the complaint around it, especially since you have option to decline and choose not to marry that person. It's same topic brought over and over again.

Somali men need to stop expecting your wife to be your caretaker , they need to start doing things for themselves and learn to cook. Also studies have shown that men who help their wives with house chores are in more sucessful relationships.

Why you so triggered? Must've touched a nerve.

If someone breaks into the house the man is expected to risk his life to protect the family. This tilts the scale and gives us a lot of percentages.:pachah1:

Trending