There should more researchers on khat consumption while pregnant.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I had a discussion with a friend of mine, who happens to be a Somali Syrian about a weird traits on Somalis, ADHD, dumbness and lack of focus; extreme fudeed, a mental illness that Somalis get it. This fudeed-ness shows on khat addicted Somalis. And I think this trait ;( lack of focus, unable to stay still, fudeed, easily got into trouble, red eye ready to fight in situation that does not need, misunderstanding of situations, etc) these show on khat addict and on those with no history of khat, and that is due to their moms consuming khat while pregnant.

This must be addressed in our community

We don't really have a dhaqan of women chewing like the Yemenis. It is seen as deeply ceeb, so I think women chewing let alone pregnant women is rather uncommon. Not to say it doesn't happen. Of course it does, but I doubt mother's chewing is a credible reason.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
We don't really have a dhaqan of women chewing like the Yemenis. It is seen as deeply ceeb, so I think women chewing let alone pregnant women is rather uncommon. Not to say it doesn't happen. Of course it does, but I doubt mother's chewing is a credible reason.
I know in Somalia everyone is chewing even small kids sometimes.

Women probably chew in their homes from time to time, not like men thou

I always wondered if they grew khat in the west because smuggling it into the west would be pointless. Khat has a shelf life of less than 3 days. By the time they get it in the west, you won't get a buzz off of it anymore.

I always wondered if they grew khat in the west because smuggling it into the west would be pointless. Khat has a shelf life of less than 3 days. By the time they get it in the west, you won't get a buzz off of it anymore.
it's all imported mostly from ethiopa/kenya/uganada

I had a discussion with a friend of mine, who happens to be a Somali Syrian about a weird traits on Somalis, ADHD, dumbness and lack of focus; extreme fudeed, a mental illness that Somalis get it. This fudeed-ness shows on khat addicted Somalis. And I think this trait ;( lack of focus, unable to stay still, fudeed, easily got into trouble, red eye ready to fight in situation that does not need, misunderstanding of situations, etc) these show on khat addict and on those with no history of khat, and that is due to their moms consuming khat while pregnant.

The number of Somali women who consume is very small, while the men back home chew it overwhelmingly. I don't think your theory can stand up to scrutiny.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

ADHD & Autism Spectrum is a genetic gene specific on Somalis. Mothers high testosterone hormones mess the child.

this has to be a joke
Season 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

Trending

Latest posts