There is oil for sure according to Genel and Somaliland Minister of E&M

Is Somalia losing grasp of Somaliland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Kkk so now you doubt it? U are a walking contradiction. All the stuff y’all landers talk about is always hypotheticals jumping the gun
Where did I contradict myself? I have used recent events to strengthen my argument you are using me as your argument?

Let me explain this to you, since Somaliland is not recognized but acts like one they might get a good deal but not a great one. Why? Because there are legal uncertainties that will most likely make the deal less worth than it deserves to be.

Thank you, for your input saaxib.

Where did I contradict myself? I have used recent events to strengthen my argument you are using me as your argument?

Let me explain this to you, since Somaliland is not recognized but acts like one they might get a good deal but not a great one. Why? Because there are legal uncertainties that will most likely make the deal less worth than it deserves to be.

Thank you, for your input saaxib.

Just like puntland kkkk. Ok sxb.
I’m really not in the mood to argue it’s
Sunday I’m watching nfl

Not sure if anyone on this site realises this, but there's no country on the planet where oil is not managed by the recognized government. If oil is found, the companies will have to go through the FGS.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Not sure if anyone on this site realises this, but there's no country on the planet where oil is not managed by the recognized government. If oil is found, the companies will have to go through the FGS.
Like Genel and RAKGas? Genel agreement is only with SL and this was behind Somalia's back. DP World, behind Somalia's back. UAE military base, behind Somalia's back. SL acts completely independent but you are right tho SL is unrecognized but unfortunately Somalia has little means of enforcing their will on SL.

Somaliland is a highly prospective, onshore exploration province, and Genel is targeting resources of over two billion barrels of oil.

Evidence of a thick Mesozoic rift basin continues to provide encouragement, and the first analysis of this highly-prospective region in over 25 years is expected to complete in Q4 2018. A prospect inventory will then be developed, guiding the optimal strategy to maximise future value, with the potential to spud a well around the end of 2019.

There is oil and so far everything is managed by Somaliland itself and this is due to Somalia's inability to do anything about it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Do you mean the surveys from colonial era? Genel have done recent surveys and the results were promising. I mean to the point where their competitor from UAE wants to have some of the cake.

It doesn't end there Canadian, Chinese, Norwegian and more companies are also interested in both exploration of offshore and even onshore close to the Ethiopian border.

There is a good reason when big companies race for exploration rights like that.The region is known for abundance in oil, they just want to find out exactly where.
Yes only that survey had found physical traces of oil.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Yes only that survey had found physical traces of oil.
That's all they really need, SL is overall unexplored and these companies are racing for exploration rights. Their interest didn't come from thin air but is based on current promising surveys.

That's all they really need, SL is overall unexplored and these companies are racing for exploration rights. Their interest didn't come from thin air but is based on current promising surveys.
Lol it wasn't burco though it was berbera why don't they start there?
Plus the former government sold alot of blocks including burco even if something is found the us companies who still hold contracts will intervene.

Like Genel and RAKGas? Genel agreement is only with SL and this was behind Somalia's back. DP World, behind Somalia's back. UAE military base, behind Somalia's back. SL acts completely independent but you are right tho SL is unrecognized but unfortunately Somalia has little means of enforcing their will on SL.

There is oil and so far everything is managed by Somaliland itself and this is due to Somalia's inability to do anything about it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I get what you're saying but a sea port, one military base out of many and mere explorations are not equivalent to actually taking out and selling oil without regard to the the FGS. Oil profits makes or breaks a country. What do you think Somalis in the rest of the country will act if Puntland and Hargeisa are doing well and they're starving. Our civil war was fought for less.

Farmaajo and Kheyre will about this, and unlike before, the oil companies are not Arab, they're European/American. What justification does the West have for undermining FGS authority?

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Lol it wasn't burco though it was berbera why don't they start there?
Plus the former government sold alot of blocks including burco even if something is found the us companies who still hold contracts will intervene.
Those blocks are under RAKGas if I remember correctly, yeah it says so on the article. Genel is south so Odewayne block and two more to the east almost into Sool.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
I get what you're saying but a sea port, one military base out of many and mere explorations are not equivalent to actually taking out and selling oil without regard to the the FGS.
You are right but those events serve as precedent for other companies. Some of the deals SL have are unheard of for unrecognized states. So they realize that dealing with only Somaliland might not be a big deal. I mean even the UN dismissed Somalia pleas regarding just that.

What do you think Somalis in the rest of the country will act if Puntland and Hargeisa are doing well and they're starving. Our civil war was fought for less.
They will be unhappy because we all deserve to do well. There is a crucial difference between Puntland and Somaliland. Not about power or money but Puntland is a federal member state and Somaliland is not. SL is however an autonomous region that is considered to be under Somalia by the international community.

Farmaajo and Kheyre will about this, and unlike before, the oil companies are not Arab, they're European/American. What justification does the West have for undermining FGS authority?
They have no justification undermining Somalia's sovereignty other than it being a chance for them and Somaliland to make money. For SL it's an economy boost and for them it's just money.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
@National Warrior I mean look at this white representative from Genel speaking on Somaliland, they are very much aware that Somaliland is unrecognized and it doesn't stop them from continuing.

Those blocks are under RAKGas if I remember correctly, yeah it says so on the article. Genel is south so Odewayne block and two more to the east almost into Sool.
What's the sharing agreement with the company is it 50/50?
I doubt it even Saudi Arabia had 20/80 deal when starting.
Do the inhabitants even get a cut or this similar to how the revenue from the port is used?

.They have no justification undermining Somalia's sovereignty other than it being a chance for them and Somaliland to make money. For SL it's an economy boost and for them it's just money.
They'll still need some sort of justification for the media when Faarmajo shouts that foreigners are stealing resources that should be under FGS control. I fear that they'll split us up like North/South Sudan (Puntland included).

And don't forget about the chance for civil war. Remember, we're the same people who fight and die for dusty villages. What makes you think we won't die for liquid gold. Oil is one hassle we REALLY don't need and will never benefit from. It just pisses me off that I'm the only one here who sees that.

They'll still need some sort of justification for the media when Faarmajo shouts that foreigners are stealing resources that should be under FGS control. I fear that they'll split us up like North/South Sudan (Puntland included).

And don't forget about the chance for civil war. Remember, we're the same people who fight and die for dusty villages. What makes you think we won't die for liquid gold. Oil is one hassle we REALLY don't need and will never benefit from. It just pisses me off that I'm the only one here who sees that.

Delusional as it's finest. :ohreally:

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
What's the sharing agreement with the company is it 50/50?
I doubt it even Saudi Arabia had 20/80 deal when starting.
Do the inhabitants even get a cut or this similar to how the revenue from the port is used?
I think they just buy the rights to do seismic surveys and there is most likely a contingent that if there is promising results that they can further go on and make deals. This is still in its early phases but the deals would 100% look different from the port deals. If there is promising results from the drilling then in the end regardless of the deal Somaliland would still be filthy rich compared to how they were.

Last edited:

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
And don't forget about the chance for civil war. Remember, we're the same people who fight and die for dusty villages. What makes you think we won't die for liquid gold.
This drilling will be done close to Burco and there is not much to worry about there, There is more order in Burco than let's say Sool and Sanaag. SL is not worried about civil war there specifically because it's majority same clan in those areas, they won't fight themselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts