There is a growing trend of Somali guys going to the gym

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Literally I've seen so many Somali guys going to the gym. I don't know one Somali dude that isn't going to the gym and one of my white friend from work told me how he's been seeing so many Somali guys going to the gym. (Before quarantine but I wanted to make a thread about it).

I thought I was the only Somali buff guy in my area so when I went to this new local gym and all the biggest guys were Somali dudes and there were so many other races but they all looked smaller than us and it touched me seeing my brothers doing so well and achieving their dream physique.
:kendrickcry:

Even back home there are new gyms popping up everywhere. When I went to Hargeisa and doing my workouts I saw 100% all muscular Somali guys. I couldn't spot one skinny, wallahi. I think in the future there is going to be a stereotype how most Somali men are always in the gym and having a good physique.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
This new gym recently opened just last year in Mogadishu.

This new gym is also new and opened just last year in Hargeisa.

Give it a decade and gyms will be opening at your own street.

Last edited:

psyche

To each their own
Gym is for cultivating your body

Why should I cultivate a body that is already perfect?

No thank you, I won't jump on this trend because I'm fine with my skeletal body.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Its not a new phenomenon. A lot of the guys I went to school with were gym regulars. They don't keep up the same momentum in their 30s. :cosbyhmm: But you are right in that the fitness craze is more widespread today.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Its not a new phenomenon. A lot of the guys I went to school with were gym regulars. They don't keep up the same momentum in their 30s. :cosbyhmm: But you are right in that the fitness craze is more widespread today.

Hey Soph, did you know a few small studies have found that a single bout of exercise leads to immediate changes in the methylation patterns of certain genes in muscle cells? New studies have shown that exercising helps improve our DNA. Exercise changes the shape and functioning of our genes, an important stop on the way to improved health and fitness. In fact, parents may be able to set their offspring up with a head start in life by exercising.

Just imagine your children and grandchildren also working out? You can have descendants that are built like the rock, it's crazy! I hope Somalis have a cultural revolution and do a national workout. It should be a national duty to go to the gym at least three times a week.
:banderas:

Last edited:

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
Gym is for cultivating your body

Why should I cultivate a body that is already perfect?

No thank you, I won't jump on this trend because I'm fine with my skeletal body.
The is no such thing as 'perfection' that word is none existent when describing people

If there's one thing we can all agree on, it's our perpetual development, either mentally, physically or culturally the inherent ancestral inclination towards expansion and personal progress is what defines humans

Last edited:
Women love sucking on my man breasts so no reason to exercise

They're like abdi can I touch you're breasts

I'm like only good girls get to touch these jewels

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Hey Soph, did you know a few small studies have found that a single bout of exercise leads to immediate changes in the methylation patterns of certain genes in muscle cells? New studies have also shown that exercising helps improve our DNA. Exercise changes the shape and functioning of our genes, an important stop on the way to improved health and fitness. In fact, parents may be able to set their offspring up with a head start in life by exercising.

Just imagine your children and grand children also working out? You can have descedents that are buit like the rock, it's crazy! I hope Somalis have a cultural revulation and do a national workout. It should be a national duty to go to the gym at least three times a week.
:banderas:

The power of transgenerational epigentics.:rejoice: It sounds like a strong enough incentive to work out and maintain it. I think I read somewhere that people with high levels of physical activity have longer teleomeres than their sedentary counterparts. And how cellular aging is slowed more so with HIIT and endurance trainning than strength trainning alone.

Also, please link us with those studies, cuz. I'd appreciate it.

psyche

To each their own
The is no such thing as 'perfection' that word is none existent when describing people

If there's one thing we can all agree on, it's our perpetual development, either mentally, physically or culturally the inherent ancestral inclination towards expansion and progress is what defines humans

As long as my body is good enough for me I'll consider it perfect in my own terms.

Self love starts somewhere and it isn't the gym.

As long as my body is good enough for me I'll consider it perfect in my own terms.

Self love starts somewhere and it isn't the gym.
What is wrong with you people??? :mindblown: :dwill: :damedamn: :snoop:Perfection isn't subjective, and yes self love is important but it's a lot easier when you're in good shape. Do you also ask what people's preferred pronoun is?

Trending