The World’s Largest 10 Economies in 2030

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of those countries have the most corrupt leaders and still are doing better than other nations.

One example is Brazil with the recent car wash operation scandal. Politicians and powerful business men were caught taking bribes. They lost some crazy amount through this bribery and loss of future earnings, I read it was up 80 billion.

Some of the comments seem to suggest China imported most of the work force.

The Somali median age is pretty young. You could easily train them for complex labour projects.
If that's the case, then the Nigerians have made a big mistake. The transfer of technical/advanced skills is critical to economic development.

Wallahi they should just hire people from western nations to come and write the constitution and laws for them...

Writing the constitution is not the problem. Who is going to enforce it? Somalia doesn't need a constitution, it needs security. It needs an army.

Some of those countries have the most corrupt leaders and still are doing better than other nations.

One example is Brazil with the recent car wash operation scandal. Politicians and powerful business men were caught taking bribes. They lost some crazy amount through this bribery and loss of future earnings, I read it was up 80 billion.

Tfw corruption in Somalia isn't anywhere near as sophisticated and cool as in Brasil.

I was reading about the Petrobras scandal a while back. When the money launderer got arrested and interrogated only to reply with 'If I speak, the republic will fall'. Sounds straight out of a movie.

:wow:

And he was right. The republic fell.

Farm

VIP
Somalia will remain at the bottom for the next few generations (unless Balkanization occurs), we are talking about a nation where the national government doesn’t govern beyond a few blocks in the capital.

:mjlol:

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
Writing the constitution is not the problem. Who is going to enforce it? Somalia doesn't need a constitution, it needs security. It needs an army.

Tfw corruption in Somalia isn't anywhere near as sophisticated and cool as in Brasil.

I was reading about the Petrobras scandal a while back. When the money launderer got arrested and interrogated only to reply with 'If I speak, the republic will fall'. Sounds straight out of a movie.

Yes you need an army but who controls the army?

The constitution and laws are important. They are the foundation of all the great countries. Government accountability is important. It would clearly define how to impeach those who hold power, how the succession of power works, how officials are elected, laws passed and implemented, how funds are spent and so on. Otherwise the greedy who are elected would just abuse their powers.

Somalia will remain at the bottom for the next few generations (unless Balkanization occurs), we are talking about a nation where the national government doesn’t govern beyond a few blocks in the capital.

A sad reality that low IQ sick-minded qabiilists want to perpetuate/continue.

Yes you need an army but who controls the army?

The constitution and laws are important.
They are the foundation of all the great countries. Government accountability is important. It would clearly define how to impeach those who hold power, how the succession of power works, how officials are elected, laws passed and implemented, how funds are spent and so on. Otherwise the greedy who are elected would just abuse their powers.

I forgot to mention... I think the realistic and short time solution to Somalia's ills and pains is a dictatorship.

There is no place for a democracy in Somalia... yet.

Even balkanising Somalia won't do anything. If Somaliland had its independence in '91 it would still be a third world corrupt shithole country with a primary export of refugees and banana boats.

Aaegal

I forgot to mention... I think the realistic and short time solution to Somalia's ills and pains is a dictatorship.

There is no place for a democracy in Somalia... yet.
A benevolent dictatorship is a concept I've been thinking about but realistically dictators/monarchs are always cruel and corrupt when given absolute power.

I would be a benevolent dictator. Y'all should make me supreme leader.

Farm

VIP
Even balkanising Somalia won't do anything. If Somaliland had its independence in '91 it would still be a third world corrupt shithole country with a primary export of refugees and banana boats.

Dictators don’t work in Somalia are you crazy?
:idontlike:

A dictator doesn’t work in a normal functioning Somalia forget a failed Somalia where the government has no public support and no territorial control (it’d basically be one clan imposing his will on another and it would fail again).

Democracy doesn’t work in Somalia also... that I agree with.

Although a dictator for each of the states of the former Somalia could work.

:patrice:

Last edited:

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
It'll be interesting how their New Capital project pans out.

I heard that it's just a sham and that so far several of the Chinese companies working with the Egyptian government in order to build the new capitol have dropped out because of the very apparent corruption that exists in El-Sisi's administration. The project is nothing more than a very pricey farce Egypt cannot afford.

Nah Somali corruption is nothing compared to this

Aaegal

Somalia should have a government similar to that of Germany or Switzerland. That should stop the qabiil bullshit since everyone would be able to get a representative in government. This would allow for some state autonomy while everyone follows a general rule book.

I heard that it's just a sham and that so far several of the Chinese companies working with the Egyptian government in order to build the new capitol have dropped out because of the very apparent corruption that exists in El-Sisi's administration. The project is nothing more than a very pricey farce Egypt cannot afford.
Yeah it's definitely a project Egypt can't afford. The money could be used for better initiatives, such as improving the current Capital's infrastructural, transportation problems, since the population is exploding.

The New Capital plan was a mere vanity project.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Somalia should have a government similar to that of Germany or Switzerland. That should stop the qabiil bullshit since everyone would be able to get a representative in government. This would allow for some state autonomy while everyone follows a general rule book.

Don't they already do that, though? The Somali parliament is made up of a diverse pool of individuals from different qabiil backgrounds so I don't think that's really the problem.

Imo, Somalia should try to mimic Bosnia and Herzegovina by decentralizing the government and electing a different "president" for each region of Somalia (one for Somaliland, Puntland, and Jubaland). That's the only way to shut up this qabiil nonsense once and for all.

The thing is however, the biggest problem in Somalia is not qabylad as so many claim, it's our general poverty and lack of security in the country.

A benevolent dictatorship is a concept I've been thinking about but realistically dictators/monarchs are always cruel and corrupt when given absolute power.

I would be a benevolent dictator. Y'all should make me supreme leader.

It's not necessarily about benevolence as much as it is about stability and security. Somalia is in a perpetual state of disarray and minimal progress. It's completely hostile to any foreign investment. Somalis in the diaspora can't even safely invest in a smaller scale without familial assurances. Look how long there has been reasonable speculation on Somalia's oil reserves, and yet no a drop has been extracted. Its waters have been plundered for years. I read some UN pdf a while back and it listed that South Korean illegal fishers alone extract a 100m USD worth of fish in just one year. That's a third of the federal government's budget. Somalia fails to meet the bare minimum to even prostitute itself out

And as ironic as it sounds, there'd be more accountability under a dictatorship than Somalia pseudo-government. At least there's something to point at. In fact, I think an authoritatian state is a mandatory stepping stone to a prosperous democracy. A democracy is only as good as it's population is educated.

It's not necessarily about benevolence as much as it is about stability and security. Somalia is in a perpetual state of disarray and minimal progress. It's completely hostile to any foreign investment. Somalis in the diaspora can't even safely invest in a smaller scale without familial assurances. Look how long there has been reasonable speculation on Somalia's oil reserves, and yet no a drop has been extracted. Its waters have been plundered for years. I read some UN pdf a while back and it listed that South Korean illegal fishers alone extract a 100m USD worth of fish in just one year. That's a third of the federal government's budget. Somalia fails to meet the bare minimum to even prostitute itself out

And as ironic as it sounds, there'd be more accountability under a dictatorship than Somalia pseudo-government. At least there's something to point at. In fact, I think an authoritatian state is a mandatory stepping stone to a prosperous democracy. A democracy is only as good as it's population is educated.
You have to take into account that Somalia has a primitive qabiil-centric society. How'd you go about enforcing an Authoritarian gov't on these tribal people? The only possible way is to start another civil war & honestly it's not worth it.

Dictators don’t work in Somalia are you crazy?
:idontlike:

A dictator doesn’t work in a normal functioning Somalia forget a failed Somalia where the government has no public support and no territorial control (it’d basically be one clan imposing his will on another and it would fail again).

Democracy doesn’t work in Somalia also... that I agree with.

Although a dictator for each of the states of the former Somalia could work.

:patrice:

Balkanising Somalia is just pandering to qabilist lines. Especially considering thay even when balkanised, the borders aren't even agreed upon. Even the two healthiest and largest states can't even solve their border dispute, forget the one say fly states like khaatumo that pop up for strictly contrarian purposes.

You have to take into account that Somalia has a primitive qabiil-centric society. How'd you go about enforcing an Authoritarian gov't on these tribal people? The only possible way is to start another civil war & honestly it's not worth it.

The beautiful part of a dictatorship is that you get to steamroll anyone who doesn't comply. You don't need to be compelling, or right for that matter. It's only impossible right now because there is literally no power in the hands of TFG. Besides, it's entirely possible to leave SL and Puntland to themselves until you've sorted your mess out. Once the south makes progress, and I mean real progress, the other states would fall in line.

Aaegal

Don't they already do that, though? The Somali parliament is made up of a diverse pool of individuals from different qabiil backgrounds so I don't think that's really the problem.

Imo, Somalia should try to mimic Bosnia and Herzegovina by decentralizing the government and electing a different "president" for each region of Somalia (one for Somaliland, Puntland, and Jubaland). That's the only way to shut up this qabiil nonsense once and for all.

The thing is however, the biggest problem in Somalia is not qabylad as so many claim, it's our general poverty and lack of security in the country.
Someone said they still use a 4.5 system which they should get rid of.

I prefer the way the Nordic countries, Canada, New Zealand operate their governments because of how transparent it all is.

We could end up being the Switzerland of Africa if our supposed oil reserves are used correctly. Over 50% of Switzerland exports come from oil and the reset is diversified through other economies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending