The warrior gene

NidarNidar

Punisher
I have the so-called "warrior gene."

It's important to don't go into genetic determinism mental trips. According to Robert Sapolsky (a good researcher on the subject, though harboring false views of Free Will), it has a strong gene-environment interaction. He referenced Caspi et al. 2002 showing that MAO-A only has a strong correlation with anti-social behavior/criminality when individuals underwent extreme childhood abuse.

It comes down to the non-genetic impacts of childhood problems and issues of adulthood aggravation. The gene itself has a tiny effect.
Do you like coffee though?

I religiously require it on hard days so I can function after work.
If you get off coffee completely, your energy will improve in general. Being tired has a purpose. One has to sleep right, eat right, and exercise, and yeah, struggle with tiredness often.

I have a suspicion that all types of stimulants bring about a slightly forced imbalance to our homeostasis that we have to pay for later. I'm aware this is an oversimplification since coffee has several good health benefits according to some sources I've yet to verify. Yet, it can aid in masking slight sleep deprivation. Over time, this can cascade into issues. We should seek to find solutions for optimal natural sleep-awake regulation.

I don't see issues with coffee drinking irregularly for enjoyment rather than leaning on it for sustenance and consistency.

Is it caffeine specifically so coffee and tea or something unique to coffee.
Both but drink the coffee bruh. Coffee has a lot more caffeine than tea and also has other benefits like the niacin content which is really important. Make sure to have it very dark/roasted and with lots of sugar. Sugar suppresses the stress response from the coffee.

NidarNidar

Punisher
Both but drink the coffee bruh. Coffee has a lot more caffeine than tea and also has other benefits like the niacin content which is really important. Make sure to have it very dark/roasted and with lots of sugar. Sugar suppresses the stress response from the coffee.
I prefer mine with no sugar or milk, I don't drink it every day but when I do, I usually hit the gym pretty hard, basically using it as a pre-workout

Have any of you tested for it, and do you have it?

I think it might be very high among Somalis, and might be one of the contributing factors regarding some of our predispositions.
You can upload your raw DNA on https://codegen.eu/ and you can see if you have it or not. I have it and you get it through your mother.
hjhjhjhj.PNG

Trending

Latest posts