the virtues of not getting involved in gossip

so recently I was reading a biography of the Prophet (SAW) and it said something about him being extremely gracious towards people, overlooking their faults and building them up and not destroying them. It made me think because if the Prophet (SAW) was that great and willing to find the good in people, maybe the average person could try to do the same. And yes it is really hard lol. But definitely worth it, because Allah promises paradise for people who are forgiving and Allah will overlook your bad if you do the same for another. Also if you do good to not spread gossip on others, Allah will keep you shames hidden from people on this earth and in the afterlife.

gossip is really tantalizing but now I've been trying to remember all of my sins and faults Allah has kept hidden for me and do I want to come on the day of judgement with Allah casting the negative judgemnt on me, that I cast to another person, or do I want Him to overlook! yeah and sometimes you have to literally bite your tongue lol, when it gets really hard to resist

and sometimes if you think about it, nobody is really in any place to be judging people for committing vices. If you don't commit any I think its more appropriate to thank Allah for being saved and want to advise people and warn them, then gossip about them and degrade them

from surah nur: O you who believe! do not follow the footsteps of the Shaitan, and whoever follows the footsteps of the Shaitan, then surely he bids the doing of indecency and evil; and were it not for Allah's grace upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have ever been pure, but Allah purifies whom He pleases; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
You are right, it could be hard to avoid gossiping because you may not even realize it sometimes but the more you become self aware and change the topic in the conversation when it shifts to that area, the better you start feeling about yourself. The tea doesn't always have to be juicy :)

sometimes people lack mercy and compassion. We don't know what kind of life someone had that led up to them being a "" (abuse maybe? ). you don't know how someone got addicted to drugs or alcohol. And I'm not excusing these sins and saying we should accept them, but sometimes its better to lend a hand to someone struggling then gossip about them. Who knows that maybe just a kind word might uplift someone to do better

No one wants to marry a and have the mother of their lineage be a . We're in this world and we're not god. In this world Somali s are going to be exposed.
its okay to tell someone of a person's reputation if they are seeking them for marriage, but you can't go around just exposing people to feel better about yourself. And look, I'm saying it better for YOU if you don't expose, not just the exposee.

its okay to tell someone of a person's reputation if they are seeking them for marriage, but you can't go around just exposing people to feel better about yourself. And look, I'm saying it better for YOU if you don't expose, not just the exposee.

I don't think guys do it to feel better of themselves, rather for people to avoid the in case of another man being deceived. Guys don't gossip for fun.

Trending