The ummah would be Iran's number one fan and defender if it was a Sunni country. Is this true?

He is kind of right. But the implications of what he probably intends by the consequence of what is left unsaid is something that I am not rocking with.

It basically says Sunnis are hypocrites, Sunnis are unfair critics, and a superior moral platform is not what drives the Sunni relation to Iran.

He is very clever and I can see he spent several minutes constructing that text of argumentation. But at the end of the day, he told a guy who claimed the Sunni body was morally bankrupt having the attribution of higher IQ, a statement that highlights his position with regard to Sunnis and that he is not some objective, concerned actor amongst the ummah, rather than an Iranian, claiming he is critical to injustices done by his country, yet still is partially lensed.

At the same time, we would be liars if we claimed the current state is our best attempt and should admit that had we reframed his points redressed, and constructed differently for the right purpose would indeed be a regretful but true criticism.

Pay attention though, any guy who claims Sunnis are morally bankrupt is no friend. That is not a friendly characterization or advice. It's a dismantling effort. The guy that pretends to be your friend and all they do is try to hold you down pretending they are helping you out, ultimately what fuels their effort is implicit hate.

The nuance here with fair assessment is very difficult to part unless you want to be played or be a negative actor proving this fellow correct. Because he effectively created a trap and now he is doing a victory lap of every Sunni that falls within his argument which you see in the comment.

The guy is clever but I don't think he is a wholly good actor.

Last edited:
He is kind of right. But the implications of what he probably intends by the consequence of what is left unsaid is something that I am not rocking with.

It basically says Sunnis are hypocrites, Sunnis are unfair critics, and a superior moral platform is not what drives the Sunni relation to Iran.

He is very clever and I can see he spent several minutes constructing that text of argumentation. But at the end of the day, he told a guy who claimed the Sunni body was morally bankrupt having the attribution of higher IQ, a statement that highlights his position with regard to Sunnis and that he is not some objective, concerned actor amongst the ummah, rather than an Iranian, claiming he is critical to injustices done by his country, yet still is partially lensed.

At the same time, we would be liars if we claimed the current state is our best attempt and should admit that had we reframed his points redressed, and constructed differently for the right purpose would indeed be a regretful but true criticism.

Pay attention though, any guy who claims Sunnis are morally bankrupt is no friend. That is not a friendly characterization or advice. It's a dismantling effort. The guy that pretends to be your friend and all they do is try to hold you down pretending they are helping you out, ultimately what fuels their effort is implicit hate.

The nuance here with fair assessment is very difficult to part unless you want to be played or be a negative actor proving this fellow correct. Because he effectively created a trap and now he is doing a victory lap of every Sunni that falls within his argument which you see in the comment.

That’s true, but it’s ultimately due to Sunni infighting and the incompetence of our leaders that we don’t have a major sunni islamicate power

The reason why the ummah doesn't stand behind Iran is because of their sectarian policies aboard and the crimes of them and their proxy shia militia have done against sunnis in the region particularly in Iraq post 2003 and currently in Syria.

That’s true, but it’s ultimately due to Sunni infighting and the incompetence of our leaders that we don’t have a major sunni islamicate power
The truth is that the whole world makes sure that Muslims under rightful gatherings do not accumulate power and influence that is coherent and willful towards expansion past entrenched political containment, engineered incited infighting, and state mediocrity. Part of that problem is us; the other one is the forces that work diligently against us as well. The landscape for us to grow is deliberately being corroded and disrupted on purpose because Islamic power is feared. There is a reason Muslims have been the boogeyman on the Western news for decades. They know that under the right conditions, things would be flipped on their heads very rapidly. Holding us down is good for their interests.

Even secular Arab nationalism many decades ago was greatly feared by the West, so they bolstered resources and money for fragmented armed groups to undermine its expansion in every way until they succeeded.

Last edited:

GemState

36/21
VIP
The Muslim world does as you would expect. Virtually all are developing nations after all, to expect them to go from sub 20% literacy to challenging global powers in 60 years is unrealistic.

I do think we'll get second wind within 2-3 decades though. After East Asia/EU/Russia undergoes sharp depopulation, the Muslim share of global population will skyrocket. Whether that translates into economic/military/geopolitical though will remain to be seen.

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
The Arabs and Turks would support them in certain issuesbut they would still be xenophobic towards the Persians and would resist their influence in their respective cultural spheres. Heck some of the biggest anti-Iranian opposition in Iraq is from a Shia Cleric Muqtada Al-Sadr. Carabnimo and Turknimo exists to a certain extent.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP

The iranians along with their Shia proxies, committed atrocities against civilians in Iraq, Yemen, and Syria at larger scale. A quick look at Hezbullah crimes in Syria against Syrians and Palestinian Syrians will tell you they are an enemy of anyone who isn't with them.

Hezbullah was seen as a freedom fighter and protector of Lebanon prior to 2011 and its involvement in Syria.

The iranians along with their Shia proxies, committed atrocities against civilians in Iraq, Yemen, and Syria at larger scale. A quick look at Hezbullah crimes in Syria against Syrians and Palestinian Syrians will tell you they are an enemy of anyone who isn't with them.

Hezbullah was seen as a freedom fighter and protector of Lebanon prior to 2011 and its involvement in Syria.
I'm aware of the proxy operations that Iran is carrying out (even the unfair domestic treatment of Sunnis). The whole point was, in spite of that, that guy claimed if the roles had reversed, Sunnis would not have an issue with it. Hence, I wrote a nuanced response as I don't believe it was an honest goodwill attempt, proven by how his central conclusion was that we're morally bankrupt.

Trending

Latest posts