The truth behind being the lowest income

Status
Not open for further replies.
remember how someone something about somali americans being the lowest income household? well I came across a page and it was right-somali americans do have the lowest income, but there were a few things I found when I dug further that pretty much explained why the total income was so low.

1.) according to the U.S census in 2014 roughly 45% of the Somali population spoke "less than well English"
Screenshot (8).png

2.) citizenship - Note: the total population is around 150,000
Screenshot (9).png
so 45k out of the total population have not yet recieved citizenship. When I compared to the nationalities, the only one that came close was the Iraqis (who happen to be the second lowest)

3.) according to the stats below out of the population born outside of the U.S, 74% came within the last 14 years (of the 2014 census) and almost a third had arrived with the past 4 years. View attachment 14379

And if anyone thinks I'm trying to do "damage control" to save face for american somalis, I'm actually not. I only do this as a service to the young kids on here :ohdamn:

source Screenshot (7).png

maestro

Cultural revolution
This is what I've been trying to say. It's called refugee blues/first generation blues. The first generation always has issues lifting themselves up because they have no inheritance from previous generations so they basically need to start from 0.

Jewish refugees that came to the US in the 40s were even worse of than Somalis and overpopulated the ghettos. Now generations later we all know their social status in the US.

Also refugees are different than economic migrants who already are middle class in their countries and look for better life in the states. Which is why Somali economic migrants in South/East Africa and Dubai are excelling while Somalis in the west ..... not so much. Though I'm sure welfare is to be blamed for not forcing them to work and be lazy bums

Vanguard

Fino alla morte
This is what I've been trying to say. It's called refugee blues/first generation blues. The first generation always has issues lifting themselves up because they have no inheritance from previous generations so they basically need to start from 0.

Jewish refugees that came to the US in the 40s were even worse of than Somalis and overpopulated the ghettos. Now generations later we all know their social status in the US.

Also refugees are different than economic migrants who already are middle class in their countries and look for better life in the states. Which is why Somali economic migrants in South/East Africa and Dubai are excelling while Somalis in the west ..... not so much.

I agree with this and the fact that Somalis are still fleeing their homeland will always bring down the figures. It's hard to paint a real picture of how well we're doing when we're getting thousands of new and uneducated refugees arriving in the west every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts