The truth about the New Kenyan railway line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TL;DW Kenya has put it selves in crazy debt to China for the building of the railwayline, the line is far more expensive than others in the regionali countries (more than 50% extra) it created barely any jobs for the locals and the (Chinese) railway company harrased the locals.

I hope Somalia takes a note for the future when these type of projects come to us we need a "Somali made" approach; Somali resources mined in Somalia by Somali miners, refined by Somali industry and layed down with Somali workers.

Last edited:
90% they still have to pay which will accumulate interest of course.
China really don't care for the money, it's pennies to them, they're thinking about the free resources they'll extract from the country for a very long time with no regards for environmental safety.

They're gonna do the same thing to Ethiopia, they'll exploite the gas reserves in the Ogaden region.

Braindead Africans get shoddy roads and rail.

Chinese get;
  • money + interest
  • raw materials and resources
  • soft power
  • Foothold in the continent
  • Reduced unemployment due to shipping their own workers over
  • More experience and training for their own workers
  • Export market

Subxanallah 3.2billion$ :faysalwtf:

Same thing they did to Ethiopians GERD dam, 6.4billion$ at least Ethiopia will have electricity.

They spent more money than us and chose a diesel locomotive instead of electric, I'm wondering why as that isn't good for African countries, not resourceful and efficient:cosbyhmm::faysalwtf:.

Maybe most the cost came from building of the train stations....

somalis won't stand for shit like this we would rather be poor than get ript off. Reason why so many people fear us .
Sxb we're already creating domestic mining, road building, and other sectors with our own hands in Somalia, that's a very good sign, instead of allowing other countries to exploit us for pennies, we're already taking charge, only thing we need now that we may have to hire foreign companies is probably for helping us get started with building a coal powered power plants and oil/gas extraction, after we get the electric grid across somalia going we can easily create more domestic sectors weather it's Somali business owned or state owned it's gonna be Somali, I'm very optimistic about our future.

They spent more money than us and chose a diesel locomotive instead of electric, I'm wondering why as that isn't good for African countries, not resourceful and efficient:cosbyhmm::faysalwtf:.

Maybe most the cost came from building of the train stations....
Yea they've been played big time, I honestly don't see how train stations could cost billions, can those train tracks be used for freights or is it only passengers only, if it's the latter, I think we just witnessed the biggest heist in history.

Yea they've been played big time, I honestly don't see how train stations could cost billions, can those train tracks be used for freights or is it only passengers only, if it's the latter, I think we just witnessed the biggest heist in history.
Their stations look decent at least, if those were bad too then money was wasted. The tracks are for both freight and passengers, luckily :icon lol:.

Sxb we're already creating domestic mining, road building, and other sectors with our own hands in Somalia, that's a very good sign, instead of allowing other countries to exploit us for pennies, we're already taking charge, only thing we need now that we may have to hire foreign companies is probably for helping us get started with building a coal powered power plants and oil/gas extraction, after we get the electric grid across somalia going we can easily create more domestic sectors weather it's Somali business owned or state owned it's gonna be Somali, I'm very optimistic about our future.

Your thinking like a leader heading a mid income country. Sxb dont forget when you negotiate you have to have a money from your own tax and government revenue in order to get a respectable deal. We are a famine ridden tribalist mooryaan society and our government has absolutely nothing to offer any nation or multinational cooperation which cary out huge infrastructure projects.

Only way I see is letting them take what they want but spend every penny we get on weapons ( assuming no weapons embargo ) and then carry out a coup and nationalise everything.

Plus multi nationals hate the sight of a leader with a national plan and not corrupt. Hence why they love joseph kabila of congo.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
TL;DW Kenya has put it selves in crazy debt to China for the building of the railwayline, the line is far more expensive than others in the regionali countries (more than 50% extra) it created barely any jobs for the locals and the (Chinese) railway company harrased the locals.

I hope Somalia takes a note for the future when these type of projects come to us we need a "Somali made" approach; Somali resources mined in Somalia by Somali miners, refined by Somali industry and layed down with Somali workers.

With you all the way but unfortunately politics will always be in the way... even once we have a patriotic government; there is no way the first world is going to allow us to develop on our own without using their global currency markets.

We can't just simply the dig Iron and Aluminium underneath us and immediately process them for infrastructure projects. We have to price them in a Dollar equivalent and buy it from someone.

If we don't play by their rules we don't only risk messing up global markets but we also encourage other third world countries to do the same and this could cause even more instability in the currency markets.

It's a lot more complicated than it seems and we could possibly annoy a lot of powerful countries unless we develop through trading goods and materials for foreign currency first like Japan and China. We already have Britain which still holds a grudge from before; no need to piss off even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending