The Taliban have officially said idgaf

At this rate, they are throwing women's rights out the damned window and the world is literally just "condemning". The Taliban might as well be on insta live executing people and the powerful counties would literally be spamming the comments section. I don't think they care abt recognition, Joe Biden and BoJo. They just wanna run the country the way they wanna without interruption. And you're giving them just THAT. This is just one example. FORCING women to wear hijab smh.

Teflon

Inactive
VIP
This is better than US intervention which has just caused misery for the Afghanis

Their country their laws :nvjpqts: (I don't support this if your wondering)

World

VIP
I understand hijab but why burqa damn imagine growing up in a world where you don’t see a woman’s face that isn’t your mother or sister

if the woman doesn’t wear it then her male guardian can be punished, this is bidah.

This is better than US intervention which has just caused misery for the Afghanis

Their country their laws :nvjpqts: (I don't support this if your wondering)
Ah yes, I imagine you would also say that if a country practices slavery. “Their country their laws”.

@Omar del Sur what's your take on this

"Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said: “It is not permissible for women to uncover their faces where non-mahrams can see them. The people in authority have to enjoin what is good and forbid this evil and others. Whoever does not obey should be punished for that in a way that will deter him (from doing it again).” (Majmu’ al-Fatawa, 24/382"

I think it's just some modern Muslims that have a problem with this (edit: just to be clear, by "this" I mean enforcing hijab. There is a scholarly difference of opinion as to covering the face. However, to my understanding, the correct opinion is that hijab should cover the face). I think they've been Westernized in their thinking. Am I going to go with the view of Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah or some people posting on SomaliSpot? I think I'll go with Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah. If they're doing something that violates women's rights, I'm against that. But- this? This is it? Expecting to women to wear hijab? I'm not losing any sleep over that.

Last edited:
"Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said: “It is not permissible for women to uncover their faces where non-mahrams can see them. The people in authority have to enjoin what is good and forbid this evil and others. Whoever does not obey should be punished for that in a way that will deter him (from doing it again).” (Majmu’ al-Fatawa, 24/382"

I think it's just some modern Muslims that have a problem with this (edit: just to be clear, by "this" I mean enforcing hijab. There is a scholarly difference of opinion as to covering the face. However, to my understanding, the correct opinion is that hijab should cover the face). I think they've been Westernized in their thinking. Am I going to go with the view of Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah or some people posting on SomaliSpot? I think I'll go with Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah. If they're doing something that violates women's rights, I'm against that. But- this? This is it? Expecting to women to wear hijab? I'm not losing any sleep over that.
This is completely wrong illogical and too impractical to even implement. Ibn Taymiyah also held the view that the Mawlid was Halal and non Muslims can enter heaven too but you won't support his tolerant views will you. You will support his impractical and illogical views as long as they support your misogynist, Salafist view of Islam.

This is completely wrong illogical and too impractical to even implement. Ibn Taymiyah also held the view that the Mawlid was Halal and non Muslims can enter heaven too but you won't support his tolerant views will you. You will support his impractical and illogical views as long as they support your misogynist, Salafist view of Islam.

The sharia isn't based on what you think and what you consider rational.

As for mawlid, you're lying. He considered it a bid'ah but suggested some who celebrated it out of ignorance might be rewarded for their intention.

As for non-Muslims going to heaven, why don't you post where Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah said non-Muslims can go to heaven? And was he talking about non-Muslims in general or non-Muslims who hadn't heard about Islam?

edit: it may actually be the case that Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah had a weird view on hell not being eternal. even if it's that so- you have people who are into hunting for weird opinions of scholars. they find one scholar with some weird opinion and then try to claim there's a basis for that weird opinion. we should be following the orthodox view on things, not following these weird opinions and mistakes of scholars. even if it is true that Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah had a weird opinion on hell not being eternal- this would obviously just be a case where a scholar makes a mistake on something.

"This difference of opinion which was narrated from a few scholars is to be rejected, because it goes against the clear text which every believer must believe in. Whoever goes against it because of some argument that he comes up with may be excused before Allaah. But whoever studies the texts of the Qur’aan and Sunnah will know that the view that Hell will last forever is the truth which cannot be ignored."

Last edited:

Nomadic lord

Simply better.
I don't know man I don't see any women.
1652188019501.png

bidenkulaha

GalYare
This is ridiculous. So much unnecessary repression. No education and forced burkas isn’t Islamic.

But I’m not surprised and is why I say Al-Shabaab should never rule Somalis

The sharia isn't based on what you think and what you consider rational.

As for mawlid, you're lying. He considered it a bid'ah but suggested some who celebrated it out of ignorance might be rewarded for their intention.

As for non-Muslims going to heaven, why don't you post where Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah said non-Muslims can go to heaven? And was he talking about non-Muslims in general or non-Muslims who hadn't heard about Islam?

edit: it may actually be the case that Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah had a weird view on hell not being eternal. even if it's that so- you have people who are into hunting for weird opinions of scholars. they find one scholar with some weird opinion and then try to claim there's a basis for that weird opinion. we should be following the orthodox view on things, not following these weird opinions and mistakes of scholars. even if it is true that Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah had a weird opinion on hell not being eternal- this would obviously just be a case where a scholar makes a mistake on something.

"This difference of opinion which was narrated from a few scholars is to be rejected, because it goes against the clear text which every believer must believe in. Whoever goes against it because of some argument that he comes up with may be excused before Allaah. But whoever studies the texts of the Qur’aan and Sunnah will know that the view that Hell will last forever is the truth which cannot be ignored."
Don’t those opinion equate to kufr to you?

This is ridiculous. So much unnecessary repression. No education and forced burkas isn’t Islamic.

But I’m not surprised and is why I say Al-Shabaab should never rule Somalis
There are people in here who support Al Shabab. No women would ever want to cover her whole body completely as if Allah created her wrong.

1. There are many different opinions regarding the hijab and whether it should cover the face in an obligatory sense. I hold that it is not as it is mentioned in the Quran (I believe Surah Nur Ayah 31) and a hadeeth of the prophet (saws) that "the whole body must be covered except for here and here" (and when he said this he was pointing to his face and hand). Women however, cannot beautify their face.
2. This statement of Ibn Taymiyah (rahimahullah) or anything in the Quran and Sunnah does not mean that women should be forced and beaten into wearing the Hijab. The correct approach is to remind and admonish, and if they don't listen its between them and Allah.
3. If you really think that the Taliban are trying to enforce Islamic values for the sake of Allah then you have gone wayward, my friend. If these people believe it to be halal to kill people who are not Muslim without right or declare others to be a Kaafir for a major sin, then I don't think they really want the best for the Muslim Ummah

With regards to Mawlid, if Ibn Taymiyyah did say this then it must e fabricated, because I know this is a Bidah.
And a key tip for you all:
If there is no evidence of the Prophet doing certain things in the Quran or Sunnah, and you can tell people started doing this after, then by all means AVOID IT

one of the shuyukh (can't remember who it was lol) but he said that the Shayateen love innovations more than sin because with sins the sinner repents, but with innovations, the person does not repent because they think its right.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP

Are you saying niqab is mandatory?

Trending

Latest posts