THE SOMALIS: THEIR ORIGINS, MIGRATIONS & SETTLEMENTS

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I killed the southern hypothesis theory, with the ultimate origin in southern Ethiopia, presented as the rooted, consequential extension of that. It has no chance, and I further proved it through the genetic evidence on this thread:

It has no legs to stand on. And I mean it from an evidentiary basis. Genetics is the perfect icing on the cake -- there is no room for anything else.

I killed the southern hypothesis theory, with the ultimate origin in southern Ethiopia, presented as the rooted, consequential extension of that. It has no chance, and I further proved it through the genetic evidence on this thread:

It has no legs to stand on. And I mean it from an evidentiary basis. Genetics is the perfect icing on the cake -- there is no room for anything else.

Not related but do you have any new cool things you've found or discovered I always enjoy reading your posts

I don't deny this but Afaan Oromo is definitely closer to us than Afar Saho. Compare the amount of vocabulary shared between the three different groups.

There is far more vocab and ethnic cultural characteristics we share with Afar than with Oromo. So i don't know what you are basing that on

Last edited:
If they are distinct terms (I don't disagree this is very interesting), when was the Sacmaal one used?

Samaale is the name given to the father of the the 4 main train tribes and Sab is the name given to the father of Digil and Mirifle.

So it most likely is a reference to their cattle herding origins. Cattle/Cow was more common herding animal before the camel was introduced.

Last edited:
There is far more vocab and ethnic cultural characteristics we share with Afar than with Oromo. So i don't know what you are basing that on
There have been many linguistic studies comparing Somali with other east Cushitic languages. Somali shares more words with Oromos and is closer grammatically to Oromo than Afar.

Cultural similarity can also be shaped by religion, environment and migrations. An Issa will have more cultural similarity with Afar, but it would be nonsensical to say that Somalis in Kenya or Eastern Ethiopia have more common with Afar than Oromos. Here is an old study comparing some Ormas with Somalis. Other more distant Oromos have some of these similarities relating to Geraar poetry, Aban Dulla military role etc.

There have been many linguistic studies comparing Somali with other east Cushitic languages. Somali shares more words with Oromos and is closer grammatically to Oromo than Afar.

Cultural similarity can also be shaped by religion, environment and migrations. An Issa will have more cultural similarity with Afar, but it would be nonsensical to say that Somalis in Kenya or Eastern Ethiopia have more common with Afar than Oromos. Here is an old study comparing some Ormas with Somalis. Other more distant Oromos have some of these similarities relating to Geraar poetry, Aban Dulla military role etc.

I have read them , the problem is that they are comparing groups that high number of assimilates. Not controlling for it.

So it's hard to know whether the similarities they are pointing out is close sharedness between two separate groups. Or it's just groups among them that used to be from the other group until recently.

Read this:
Ethno Politics and Gabra Origins

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Somalis isnt some dude called somali lol. That's like saying me and you have the same father in today world.

Somalis are ppl from many different ancestors who congregated and met in Somalia and intermarried. The somali tongue itself is a left over from ancient Egyptian era as it was created around that period. That language is related to a common group of Hamitic tongues even early arab and saba period is Hamitic and later arabic is only shaami. That's why it's easy to understand early arabic from Saba period with other Hamitic tongues untill it became later Semitic.

What if Somali is the link between the omo tana group of languages and the northern Afar Saho group, what if, instead of us migrating from the East, the ancestors of the speakers of the modern omo tana group of languages split off from us the earliest moving westwards into omo valley and then followed by the other Somaloid groups like the Rendille and then later the maay etc

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
I am just gonna stick with the natufian theory where they migrated from Levant and along the way mixed with proto nilotic groups and then thus somalks were born.

NidarNidar

Punisher

It makes the most sense, I was always under the impression that we absorbed some of the surviving Southern cushites, hopefully as things settle down in the South we will be able to do more archaeology.
1711707598311.png

1711708005194.png

The only surviving members are all in Tanzania.

video link for Irawq language
Rendille
Af Maay
Af Garre

1711708755411.png

1711708806571.png

1711709236127.png

1711709312543.png

Last edited:
Somalis isnt some dude called somali lol. That's like saying me and you have the same father in today world.

Somalis are ppl from many different ancestors who congregated and met in Somalia and intermarried. The somali tongue itself is a left over from ancient Egyptian era as it was created around that period. That language is related to a common group of Hamitic tongues even early arab and saba period is Hamitic and later arabic is only shaami. That's why it's easy to understand early arabic from Saba period with other Hamitic tongues untill it became later Semitic.

This is false Somalis are very homogenous unless you are talking about the ancient people that mixed together and their descendants became Somali- this happens for all ethnicities.

Besides that, there is no 'multiple ancestors' you speak of.

I have read them , the problem is that they are comparing groups that high number of assimilates. Not controlling for it.

So it's hard to know whether the similarities they are pointing out is close sharedness between two separate groups. Or it's just groups among them that used to be from the other group until recently.

Read this:
Ethno Politics and Gabra Origins
Oromo dialects aren’t as differentiated from each as some other languages in the Horn of Africa. Oromo languages come out as the closest to Somali in linguistic studies vis-à-vis Afar and Saho.
Afar and Saho most likely separated earlier from the lowland east Cushitic. Until there is overwhelming evidence to suggest that Afar and Saho are closer to Somali, the accepted consensus stands.

Trending

Latest posts