The Somali diaspora used to be more tightknit in the 80’s/90’s

I saw this tweet and honestly I can’t really see something like this happening now in 2021. I was having a discussion with my hooyo once and she said that the Somali community was very tight knit when she first came to America/Canada, she even used to crash at strangers’ houses lol, but then people became individualistic and self serving after years of living here. Now Somali people won’t help you unless you’re related to them or of the same qabil. Why was the community more tight knit back then compared to now?

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
This only happened because they were all they had as new immigrants in a new country and culture that they are foreign too, it won’t happen now cause you’re naturally born and accustomed to the nation you’re in and don’t feel as alienated.

World

VIP
In the 80s/90s the Somali diaspora was very small compared to now. They also were very recent immigrants. Back then you were lucky to find another Somali, but now a stranger will find his sub sub sub clan cousin in any city he wants to visit.

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.
My uncle moved to the US in the early 80s. My parents came in 89"> we have been hosted and have hosted dozens of Somalis in our home. Survival with your people.

Based

VIP
I saw this tweet and honestly I can’t really see something like this happening now in 2021. I was having a discussion with my hooyo once and she said that the Somali community was very tight knit when she first came to America/Canada, she even used to crash at strangers’ houses lol, but then people became individualistic and self serving after years of living here. Now Somali people won’t help you unless you’re related to them or of the same qabil. Why was the community more tight knit back then compared to now?
200 bomba rass thousand likes Somalians are going global

Trending