The SGU: Measles Outbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
There this podcast I listen to that does science reporting on current science news, studies and breakthroughs called, "The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe". I'd missed a few epis and was listening to a backlog on a short hike when I came across this. It made me stop in my tracks..

The SGU: Episode 618
Skip to 38:43

Check it out.

Brain concentrations of total mercury were approximately 3–4 times lower in the thimerosal group than in the methylmercury group, and total mercury cleared more rapidly in the thimerosal group (with a half-life of 24.2 days versus 59.5 days). However, the proportion of inorganic mercury in the brain was much higher in the thimerosal group (21–86% of total mercury) compared to the methylmercury group (6–10%). Brain concentrations of inorganic mercury were approximately twice as high in the thimerosal group compared to the methylmercury group. Inorganic mercury remains in the brain much longer than organic mercury, with an estimated half-life of more than a year. It’s not currently known whether inorganic mercury presents any risk to the developing brain.

The researchers emphasize, however, that the risks associated with low-level exposures to inorganic mercury in the developing brain are unknown, and they describe other research linking persistent inorganic mercury exposure with increased activation of microglia in the brain, an effect recently reported in children with autism

In summary, shorter estimates of half-life are not supported by evidence from animal studies, human case studies, or modelling studies based on appropriate assumptions. Evidence from such studies point to a half-life of inorganic mercury in human brains of several years to several decades. This finding carries important implications for pharmcokinetic modelling of mercury and potentially for the regulatory toxicology of mercury.

However, studies have consistently failed to identify a cause-effect relationship between thimerosal and autism. In addition, the prevalence of autism has increased despite a decrease in the thimerosal content of vaccines; this finding further suggests that there is not an association between thimerosal and autism but that the increased prevalence of autism may be attributable to improved diagnostic criteria and increased awareness of autism.22 Despite failure to demonstrate an association, certain states continue to mandate that vaccines given to children contain no more than trace amounts of thimerosal.26

Last edited:
Anti-vaxxers who perpetuate this idea that vaccination causes autism are responsible for this measles outbreak.

Fantastic video debunking the myths about vaccines

VixR

Veritas
What did you think of their different takes on solutions?
I agreed with Steve. Its best to increase the efficacy of regulatory avenues that are already in place. I could see thought-policing method going to complete shit.

Apollo

VIP
The government will eventually chip everyone. It will happen. Probably as a measure to stop terrorism.

ISIS are extremely useful idiots to the NWO.

VixR

Veritas
The government will eventually chip everyone. It will happen. Probably as a measure to stop terrorism.

ISIS are extremely useful idiots to the NWO.
You buy into the whole Illuminati Killuminati thing :browtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts