The rise of Somali drill in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
Tdot somali rappers alone are poppin more then any mali uk rapper (never seen one till right now in this thread):ulyin:

Mandems like top5 getting cosigned by drake :russ:
f*ck UK Mali rappers I'm talking about London rappers compared to Toronto rappers in general Drake not included

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
f*ck UK Mali rappers I'm talking about London rappers compared to Toronto rappers in general
pressa getting plays all day even giggs wants a feature from him

even skepta UK biggest rapper made a track with smokedawg whos wack :mjlol:

Face it drake put toronto on anyone he cosigned mandems rushing to get featured with em :lolbron:

YoungFarah

VIP
pressa getting plays all day even giggs wants a feature from him

even skepta UK biggest rapper made a track with smokedawg whos wack :mjlol:

Face it drake put toronto on anyone he cosigned mandems rushing to get featured with em :lolbron:
Pressa's voice is cancerous wallahi. Smoke dawg had that one banger back in 2015 when I was in Toronto. Mo G is by far the best Toronto rapper. However none of them compare to the following
Skepta
JME
Giggs
Nines
Stormzy
Krept and Konan
J Hus
Kojo
Chip
Wiley
Wretch
Avelino
Stefflon Don
Mist
Abra Cadabra
Santan Dave
AJ Tracey
Yxng Bane

Last edited:

Hoosjeed

Guusha ya leh?
And I remember when a couple years ago people were laughed out of the room for suggesting that Chief Keef and co legit started a genre and movement. Looks like the drill wave has finally reached the UK after all.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Pressa's voice is cancerous wallahi. Smoke dawg had that one banger back in 2015 when I was in Toronto. Mo G is by far the best Toronto rapper. However none of them compare to the following
Skepta
JME
Giggs
Nines

Stormzy
Krept and Konan
J Hus
Kojo
Chip
Wiley
Wretch
Avelino
Stefflon Don
Mist
Abra Cadabra

The highlighted ones i f*ck with but the rest :susp:

People wouldn't know giggs, skepta or even stormzy due to people like drake. You got canadian putting uk rappers on the map :mjlol:

And I remember when a couple years ago people were laughed out of the room for suggesting that Chief Keef and co legit started a genre and movement. Looks like the drill wave has finally reached the UK after all.
There wave is dead in the US thoe:deadrose:
The only nikkas I know who f*ck with them here is my cousin(somali) And this somali(female) I work with:dead:

YoungFarah

VIP
The highlighted ones i f*ck with but the rest :susp:

People wouldn't know giggs, skepta or even stormzy due to people like drake. You got canadian putting uk rappers on the map :mjlol:
Drake too mainstream that's why I excluded him. I also forgot to add Santan Dave, Yxng Bane and AJ Tracey

N

NaomiHoney

SOMALIS SHOULD NOT RAP. STICK TO SOMALI MUSIC.

Real talk, this is hella cringe worthy. Like this lifestyle doesn't suit Somalis. He sounds and looks stupid.

I appreciate real music and art. I will give credit where credit is due. The quality of the picture if good. The best production is crisp. The girls are pretty. But the mono tone rapping, the useless senseless words. Nah. It's shit. I'm sorry.

Leave that to French Montana and rick Ross.
Be like joey bada$$ or j cole. Even post malone. The point is. They make sense. Have a motto. A story. Everyone traps drinks and get pretty ladies. This bullshit music will get you no where. Please stop:lawd::lawd:

Hoosjeed

Guusha ya leh?
There wave is dead in the US thoe:deadrose:
The only nikkas I know who f*ck with them here is my cousin(somali) And this somali(female) I work with:dead:

Lol that's true it did die in the US but it was huge while it lasted. It went regional when Bobby Shmurda took it and made hot nigga but after he got locked up it was done.

It's influence still lives on in a lot of the stuff put out today though. I remember seeing the video for "Don't Like" when it first dropped and being like :ohhh::ohhhdamn:

I think it would have lasted way longer if Chief didn't get blacklisted from the industry and Bobby Shmurda was free.

It's why I like to call all these new rappers Chief's Children, they all gotta pay homage to what he started.

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
Toronto somalis get into apprenticeships for drake when they hit 17 a bus comes from their low income project housing and takes them to a warehouse in the outskirts of rexdale where they are paid 50 cents an hour to write hits for drake, occasionally drake comes through and does the mo g dance to which all the somali workers/writers start writing the lyrics faster. Also plastered on the walls is the face of mo g after he got beat up to serve as a warning for other somali writers not to go wikileaks and try expose drake. Toronto somali male teenagers are the bengali sweatshop workers of writing musical hits. Drake even has a separate wing of the warehouse dedicated to new dance moves. Every now and then it gets to much for the teens to which they decide to run and jump like apple factory workers in china however due to two recent suicides drake decided to have netting from the outside of the building so if a writter tried jump he will fall back into the warehouse. The warehouse writing quarters are laid out like an exam hall. the bells for lunch is the hotline bling beat the words gaac is a banned word in the premises any person caught saying it is automaticaley sent to alberta oil fields. This is the sad truth about Toronto somalis.

Drake employs 63% of all under 21 Somali youth in Toronto he is the sole owner of the Somali intellectual property of gabay/rap making

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts