The Real Meaning Of Mogadishu

no evidence of any persians in mogadishu stop this persian mumbo jumo
The old name of bosaso was bandar qasim and we have a town in bari called bandar beyla

bandar is a persian word for port, I always wondered as to how much the Persians influenced our regions

The old name of bosaso was bandar qasim and we have a town in bari called bandar beyla

bandar is a persian word for port, I always wondered as to how much the Persians influenced our regions
depending on what source uses this name, the claim that Persians had any influence is very weak. Since somalis have an orally rich history and not a written one(for the most part) bandar qaasim could also just be what arabs/persians called beyla and not what the local population called it.

the claim that muqdisho was founded by persians/arabs purely because it could come from maqd-a-shah is a silly theory and shouldn't be seen as a stronger theory than muuq+disho meaning sight killer in somali since theyre both just etymological theories.

what we do have are travelers such as ibn battuta that mentioned the sultan of muqdisho being barbari(what the arabs used to call somalia, they referred to us as bilad al barbar) and him speak "mogadishan" rather than arabic which was also a common language in our country back then.

yaqut al hamawi and ibn said who are both arab geographers from the thirteenth century mentioned how in the coastal cities the majority were of somali descent and only a small minority of arab persians and indians lived there.

not only that but muqdisho existed long before any arab involvement was even possible with the somalis as it was called Sarapion by the ancient greeks

also the claim of it being a persian word traces back to a book called kitab al zunuj which is by modern historians seen as unhistorical and unreliable.

basically, muqdisho was founded and ruled by somalis

depending on what source uses this name, the claim that Persians had any influence is very weak. Since somalis have an orally rich history and not a written one(for the most part) bandar qaasim could also just be what arabs/persians called beyla and not what the local population called it.

the claim that muqdisho was founded by persians/arabs purely because it could come from maqd-a-shah is a silly theory and shouldn't be seen as a stronger theory than muuq+disho meaning sight killer in somali since theyre both just etymological theories.

what we do have are travelers such as ibn battuta that mentioned the sultan of muqdisho being barbari(what the arabs used to call somalia, they referred to us as bilad al barbar) and him speak "mogadishan" rather than arabic which was also a common language in our country back then.

yaqut al hamawi and ibn said who are both arab geographers from the thirteenth century mentioned how in the coastal cities the majority were of somali descent and only a small minority of arab persians and indians lived there.

not only that but muqdisho existed long before any arab involvement was even possible with the somalis as it was called Sarapion by the ancient greeks

also the claim of it being a persian word traces back to a book called kitab al zunuj which is by modern historians seen as unhistorical and unreliable.

basically, muqdisho was founded and ruled by somalis
I agree with you about Mogadishu but the towns I mentioned are in bari, I was wondering when those names came about

Mogadishu was founded by Somalis. Nowhere is the strong influence of Arabic there in Mogadishu, nor is the influence of Persian there as well. Cmon guys, be logical. Some of yall are agents for real.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian πŸ‡©πŸ‡― | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
VIP
Mogadishu was founded by Somalis. Nowhere is the strong influence of Arabic there in Mogadishu, nor is the influence of Persian there as well. Cmon guys, be logical. Some of yall are agents for real.
This guy any many others are straight up habasha trolling. You literally only see them in posts about somali history where they say the most absurd things and credit everything somali to be arabs.

it defefinyrly has Arab/Persian nmflurncd. Saying otherwise is straight up lying. I’m from Mogadishu and casually walk through the narrow Arabic-Persian-Indian influenced roads of Xamarweyne and Shangaani.

I agree with you about Mogadishu but the towns I mentioned are in bari, I was wondering when those names came about
I wouldn't know about those idk if there's written documents about it but I wouldn't be surprised if they were founded by somalis too

There's a reason that there were historically more Arab and persian style stone buildings than munduls which were the traditional abode for somalis. If mogadishu was found by so called "Somalis" ie reer samaale who are their modern descendants then

In context of Banaadir, Bandar means a coastal city , there are multiple meanings for bandar such as port , coastal city and a city which other villages fall under .
Screenshot_20230725_122537.jpg

There's a reason that there were historically more Arab and persian style stone buildings than munduls which were the traditional abode for somalis. If mogadishu was found by so called "Somalis" ie reer samaale who are their modern descendants then
munduls were found in the interior usually, not coastal cities. Also, i dont understand your question. are you asking me who somalis are and who their descendants are?

also i want to add, the buildings you find in cities such as muqdisho are also found in other coastal cities such as marka cadey.

you also completely disregard the historical evidence i gave you of real travelers who visited somalia during the middle ages and noted how the ruler of muqdisho was a somali. i dont even know what you're insinuating with "arab style stone building" as if somalis didnt build with stone but anyways, such a thing could even be explained by just inspiration from other countries such as arab nations/persia. The arabs or persians never had an overwhelming presence, to claim these were all built by their hands is laughable/

munduls were found in the interior usually, not coastal cities. Also, i dont understand your question. are you asking me who somalis are and who their descendants are?

also i want to add, the buildings you find in cities such as muqdisho are also found in other coastal cities such as marka cadey.

you also completely disregard the historical evidence i gave you of real travelers who visited somalia during the middle ages and noted how the ruler of muqdisho was a somali. i dont even know what you're insinuating with "arab style stone building" as if somalis didnt build with stone but anyways, such a thing could even be explained by just inspiration from other countries such as arab nations/persia. The arabs or persians never had an overwhelming presence, to claim these were all built by their hands is laughable/
Are you banadiri? doesn't look like it.
I asked who were the descendants of the so called " Somalis" that founded mogadishu.

Yes I know, similar buildings are found allover banaadir coast in banadiri settlements from xamar to jaziira to gendershe to jilib marka to marka to mungiya to barawa to goobweyn .

Somalis preferred their traditional munduls, cariish and waabs over stone buildings. Yes Banadiri Arabs and Persians did have an overwhelming presence . The fact that ,there were more stone houses than munduls in mogadishu , alone proves this. And munduls were found in the coast this can be seen in any old drawings of the coastal towns.

No traveller said the ruler was somali , word "somali" had no significance during those eras.

I asked who were the descendants of the so called " Somalis" that founded mogadishu.

Yes I know, similar buildings are found allover banaadir coast in banadiri settlements from xamar to jaziira to gendershe to jilib marka to marka to mungiya to barawa to goobweyn .

Somalis preferred their traditional munduls, cariish and waabs over stone buildings. Yes Banadiri Arabs and Persians did have an overwhelming presence . The fact that ,there were more stone houses than munduls in mogadishu , alone proves this. And munduls were found in the coast this can be seen in any old drawings of the coastal towns.

No traveller said the ruler was somali , word "somali" had no significance during those eras.
it seems like you didnt read any of the previous conversation and i dont care enough to retype what i said before. clearly youre just trying to propagate ur propaganda.

will you claim banadiris founded and built marka next?

it seems like you didnt read any of the previous conversation and i dont care enough to retype what i said before. clearly youre just trying to propagate ur propaganda.

will you claim banadiris founded and built marka next?
What's there to do propaganda about? Don't project. Yes it's known that Banadiris found and built marka and till this day reside there same way they founded all banaadiri settlements along banaadir coast.

I've corrected all your mistakes in my previous comment, reread if it helps.

Shaah is a Persian title for king doesn't mean sheep , sheep in Arabic is Ψ΄Ψ§Ψ© not Ψ΄Ψ§Ω‡
Walaal, I am familiar with both words, and was after the meaning behind 'Seat of Sheep or Seat of the Sheep'. See, 'Ω…Ω‚ΨΉΨ―' in fusha is a seat, and station would be 'Ω…Ψ­Ψ·Ψ©'. Port would be 'Ω…Ψ±Ψ³ΩŠ' or 'مرفأ'.
Seat of Shah would make sense, but I am not getting the 'Seat of Sheep'.

Walaal, I am familiar with both words, and was after the meaning behind 'Seat of Sheep or Seat of the Sheep'. See, 'Ω…Ω‚ΨΉΨ―' in fusha is a seat, and station would be 'Ω…Ψ­Ψ·Ψ©'. Port would be 'Ω…Ψ±Ψ³ΩŠ' or 'مرفأ'.
Seat of Shah would make sense, but I am not getting the 'Seat of Sheep'.
That translation in that book is incorrect, "seat of sheep" has no meaning . Ω…ΩŠΩ†Ψ§Ψ‘ is also port

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP

Abgal was ruling, that means its somali