The Radicalisation of Diaspora Somali Children Via Skype

Status
Not open for further replies.
You generalize Somalis too much. Get a grip on yourself. Whatever angst you have against Somalis can not be addressed by what you do on here.

Please refrain from your usual generalization of Somalis. It is offensive to us many Somalis on here.

It is normal when Somalis lose cultural attachment to their community for some to be hostile. The thread owner is one of them though he changed a little from his usual bigotry towards his community and engages less in the vitriol he used to.

You are now the only person who constantly disrespects Somalis on here. Get a fucking grip on yourself.

If you are not a muslim, that is your business. If you are not attached to Somalis culturally, that is your issue. If you are not happy with your life, that is also your issue. Don't project please your failures on us Somalis. Your life is yours not ours.

Check in with a professional in case you need help please. Insulting Somalis is not going to be a remedy for you.

There’s a problem with radicalisation in the Somali community, ignoring it will not make it go away.

There more we have conversations about these issues the more it’s not hidden and swept under the carpet. Unlike you I don’t want to pretend Somalis are a homogeneous group of poets and intellectuals, there are some rotten apples who need to be picked and discarded before they reproduce.

You came into a thread about radicalisation In the Somali community and you’re angry that people are discussing the topic. if you can’t take the heat, take your apron off and get out of the kitchen.

What absolute bs. Lol at any terror sympathizers learning their trade from some maacalin on Skype. You literally have no idea what you are talking about. 99 percent of diaspora Shababists picked up their trade through the internet and social media and through their own research, not through Somali sheikhs who they mostly consider illegitimate.

The numbers have gone way down since the heavy crackdown on social media and offline in the West, so you are simply concern trolling. Or perhaps looking for another reason to comfort yourself about your atheism. Give it a break.

Exactly. These are losers who are angry about Somalis being associated with Islam. Their concern is not about Somali community.

They are the type who would like to see all Somalis dead.

There’s a problem with radicalisation in the Somali community, ignoring it will not make it go away.

There more we have conversations about these issues the more it’s not hidden and swept under the carpet. Unlike you I don’t want to pretend Somalis are a homogeneous group of poets and intellectuals, there are some rotten apples who need to be picked and discarded before they reproduce.

You came into a thread about radicalisation In the Somali community and you’re angry that people are discussing the topic. if you can’t take the heat, take your apron off and get out of the kitchen.

You don't have Somali interests at heart, so your proposal of a conversation is asking for a lease to continue your trash talk about Somalis in the guise of talks. . Somali families are not online asking for your trashy opinion. So keep it to yourself. Simply, you can f*ck off with your bigotry and hatred towards Somalis.

All your input about Somalis are negative. I don't understand how you expect people to take you seriously. But then, if you are mentally incapable of reasoning. you hardly make sense.

Get at least your sex TO Match your profile.

You don't have Somali interests at heart, so your proposal of a conversation is asking for a lease to continue your trash talk about Somalis in the guise of talks. . Somali families are not online asking for your trashy opinion. So keep it to yourself. Simply, you can f*ck off with your bigotry and hatred towards Somalis.

All your input about Somalis are negative. I don't understand how you expect people to take you seriously. But then, if you are mentally incapable of reasoning. you hardly make sense.

Get at least your sex TO Match your profile.

You can’t ask people not share to their opinions on a forum. This is literally the purpose of a forum.

You seem really upset by my opinion... You are probably used to Somalis sharing your opinions which is why you’re freaking out. There are a lot of diverse opinions in the Somali community, if you don’t like their views counter it with your own ideas. Shouting people down doesn’t work over the internet.

You can’t ask people not share to their opinions on a forum. This is literally the purpose of a forum.

You seem really upset by my opinion... You are probably used to Somalis sharing your opinions which is why you’re freaking out. There are a lot of diverse opinions in the Somali community, if you don’t like their views counter it with your own ideas. Shouting people down doesn’t work over the internet.

You hardly show any resemblance of a Somali. Guess you don't get the message and it goes by you. There are Somalis of all kinds on here but no one is self loathing like you. This is why almost everyone dismisses your claims and fake concerns.

Having a lot in common with Somalis is not the same as insulting them on daily basis and display deep seated anger towards them. That is what you have been doing.

You come across as someone who would like to see Somalis replaced on earth. Must be self loathing issue. I generally see that attitude in Somalis who see non Somalis as better than them. Then they project that self hatred on Somalis online.

You were the individual who posted a Somali dude's picture next to another guy and proclaimed how Ugly Somali males were. That sums up your attitude.

Nobody gives a f*ck what your opinion is after that.

Last edited:
You hardly show any semblance of a Somali. Guess you don't get the message and it goes by you. There are Somalis of all kinds on here but no one is self loathing like you.

Having a lot in common with Somalis is not the same as insulting them on daily basis and display deep seated anger towards them. That is what you have been doing.

You come across as someone who would like to see Somalis replaced on earth. Must be self loathing issue. I generally see that attitude in Somalis who see non Somalis as better than them. Then they project that self hatred on Somalis online.

You were the individual who posted a Somali dude's picture next to another guy and proclaimed how Ugly Somali males were. That sums up your attitude.

Nobody gives a f*ck what your opinion is after that.

Lol I guess you missed the whole point of that thread. I was just wondering why Somali supremacists were making claims that they were genetically superior to other black groups.

I’m just an honest person. I try to be truthfull in all of my dealings. I believe if you lie to people you remove them from a reality and place them in a scenario, you’ve created. How selfish is that? There are plenty of things I like about Somali culture. But I can admit some parts of our culture is toxic I.e fgm.

What I would like for the Somali community is for us to have diverse opinions and for people to argue about these opinions without resorting to violence and bully tactics. If the ancient Greeks could do this- why can’t we?

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Another militant atheist appears out the woodwork. If what your saying is true, you wouldnt think Australian intelligence is not monitoring Skype or any other social network?

You must be really daft to think they dont have somali translators.

Let the authorities weed out the baddies and stick to your federo mr. Atheist

Another militant atheist appears out the woodwork. If what your saying is true, you wouldnt think Australian intelligence is not monitoring Skype or any other social network?

You must be really daft to think they dont have somali translators.

Let the authorities weed out the baddies and stick to your federo mr. Atheist

Not only that, Somali elders work with law enforcement communities including the FBI to prevent radicalization of young Somalis. This started long ago and some Somali organizations used to get funding from the Federal Government to ensure kids are safe, busy with education and having fun. Until Trump came along, these organizations were at the forefront of ensuring no kid fell through the cracks.

Somalis in all walks of life participate in ensuring the safety of their communities. It takes someone involved, caring and tuned into the community to know about this. The thread owner and This Knowles-whatever have no clue about these efforts Somalis undertake for their disconnect .

Last edited:
Lol I guess you missed the whole point of that thread. I was just wondering why Somali supremacists were making claims that they were genetically superior to other black groups.

I’m just an honest person. I try to be truthfull in all of my dealings. I believe if you lie to people you remove them from a reality and place them in a scenario, you’ve created. How selfish is that? There are plenty of things I like about Somali culture. But I can admit some parts of our culture is toxic I.e fgm.

What I would like for the Somali community is for us to have diverse opinions and for people to argue about these opinions without resorting to violence and bully tactics. If the ancient Greeks could do this- why can’t we?

Insulting Somalis and accusing them of terrorism is not having a diverse opinion. It is a display of malice and wishing harm to Somalis to label them with a broad stroke and no Somali takes that lightly as it affects them for being a Somali.

People who care about their communities and are advocates for them show love and care. All I see from the likes of the thread owner and you in some ways is mendacity and malicious intent.

Somalis already suffered years of self inflicted tragedies through clan bigotry. We can not accept anymore damage coming from individuals claiming to be Somalis but are only deepening the pain with their malicious talk all over the place.

If you want to talk about a subject you know Somalis need to address, Best approach is to use the good in their own culture in order for them to change for the better. Fighting FGM for example, You can use Islam to stop it and common sense. Somalis do engage in some norms that are not Islamic, or part of a good Somali culture. Addressing these requires the use of what they value as a society. Don't speak the language of racists and anti Islamic propagandists if you want Somalis to listen to you.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Bully tactics yet youre here calling Somalis terrorist sympatizers A few cases dont equate to the rest of the Somalis

parents should look into the background and beliefs of the sheikh before they just let him influence their child, preferably teach their own children. i know of two somali girls who went to syria after being radicalized.

It is becoming a trend for many Somali families to use Skype as an Islamic school for their children. These children are taught by Somali sheikhs back home, in Africa and the Middle East who are radicals in their approach in interpreting the religion. Furthermore, they have contempt and hatred towards non-Muslims and teach these kids to hate non-Muslims and in particular, the “white infidels” who are “at war with Muslims”. Most of these parents are single mothers who are intellectually and socially incapable of challenging what is taught to their children. The sheikhs know their families back home and would accuse them colluding with the “infidels”. Most avoid being labeled as un-Islamic, be bullied, harassed and finally being disowned. Infact, they see the religious guidance of their children by these radical teachers beneficial to their children. They think they will become religious and avoid joining criminal gangs, reject drugs and alcohol consumption and are pleased with the teachings. In the present and recent past, those who were radicalised were older kids in high schools, but the new generation who are radicalised openly in their homes via Skype will bring complex and tough challenges for all of us. It’s time that this emerging threat to be addressed.

Any ideas.

what happened to the local somali sheikhs?

Bully tactics yet youre here calling Somalis terrorist sympatizers A few cases dont equate to the rest of the Somalis

When did I call Somalis terrorist sympathisers? I didn’t even make this thread by the way. I just said you shouldn’t encourage your children to hate the West or make them adopt wahabi Islam. When you teach people ideas, they often act on it. And yes I realise Most Somalis are not extremists and have never said they were.

When did I call Somalis terrorist sympathisers? I didn’t even make this thread by the way. I just said you shouldn’t encourage your children to hate the West or make them adopt wahabi Islam. When you teach people ideas, they often act on it. And yes I realise Most Somalis are not extremists and have never said they were.
Causation doesn't equal correlation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending