The psychology of Americans pre-1965

I find it very disturbing that at one point in American history it was trendy for families to watch lynching. In fact, people would make a day of it and have picnics and send each over postcards of a lynched dead black man.

Why was such brutality/savageness normal for them? The average person would feel sickened by the idea of watching a dead body swinging from a tree, let alone have a picnic in front of a dead body. Even if they were/are racist. Why did the image of a dead body excite them?

I was reading about a slave owner called Delphine LaLaurie. Her sadistic antics made want to throw up. She would often skin alive her slaves and sew their mouths.

Note to admin: Do not move it to the history section please.

Prettymuslim94

A man trying to be successful
I find it very disturbing that at one point in American history it was trendy for families to watch lynching. In fact, people would make a day of it and have picnics and send each over postcards of a lynched dead black man.

Why was such brutality/savageness normal for them? The average person would feel sickened by the idea of watching a dead body swinging from a tree, let alone have a picnic in front of a dead body. Even if they were/are racist. Why did the image of a dead body excite them?

I was reading about a slave owner called Delphine LaLaurie. Her sadistic antics made want to throw up. She would often skin alive her slaves and sew their mouths.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
It's normal for them the same way it's normal for Somali kids growing up in xamar 91 to drag opp bodies across the street or how it's normal for Brazilians to witness thief's get their head chopped off in the middle of the street or how it's normal in the gulf to beat your refugee maid

My point is if u grow up witnessing anything regularly you will get used to it and not think of it at all

It's normal for them the same way it's normal for Somali kids growing up in xamar 91 to drag opp bodies across the street or how it's normal for Brazilians to witness thief's get their head chopped off in the middle of the street or how it's normal in the gulf to beat your refugee maid

My point is if u grow up witnessing anything regularly you will get used to it and not think of it at all

Did these groups ever send each other postcards or sit and have a meal with a dead body swinging above them?

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
Did these groups ever send each other postcards or sit and have a meal with a dead body swinging above them?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
No but they look pretty happy at the sight of a dead man and had a celebration around his body which is just as bad as having a picnic around one to me :kanyeshrug:

'Places that lack humanity raise youth with heart's frozen to the core"

-Shmurda

Lol stop trying to demonize Americans, in those days everybody in every country participated in behavior we would now deem abhorrent.

Lol stop trying to demonize Americans, in those days everybody in every country participated in behavior we would now deem abhorrent.

No they didn't.

Hanging, taking pictures and eating in front of a dead body as a form of entertainment, hardly used to happen. I don't think you understand how common it was.

Families would come along, similar to the way families would now go to the cinema. Not the same AT all.

I dont know....Americans treated blacks like animals as late as 40-50 years ago. The amount of black men they locked up for being black is crazy. I mean you have a president who said even after the central park 5 was freed on dna that they are still guilty in his eyes.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Human mind is stupid. They go with the trend. If they followed their book-- the bible, they wont do this devil acts that the culture deems it 'trendy'

Think outside your box. meaning, let the holly book, Quran, Bibble, Torah be your guidance.

Trending