The problematic understanding of thinking the word abeed means the n word

The word of abd or "abeed" comes from the Quran. Allah refers to Muslims as being his servants in worship, meaning we are slaves of Allah. Abduallah and Abdelrahman, Abdulraheem are common Arabic names that you will find in the Middle East. Its insane to think that people who are named with "Abd" in the beginning of their names refers to usage of calling someone the N word.

Abeed has only recently been used as a slur by lighter skinned Arabs towards to Afro Arabs who are usually darker skinned and they work as labourers . This term can also been heard towards Bengalis and Pakistanis, Filipinos who work low wage jobs in the Gulf, and they are not black.

Last edited:

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
The word of abd or "abeed" comes from the Quran. Allah refers to Muslims as being his servants in worship, meaning we are slaves of Allah. Abduallah and Abdelrahman, Abdulraheem are common Arabic names that you will find in the Middle East. Its insane to think that people who are named with "Abd" in the beginning of their names refers to usage of calling someone the N word.

Abeed has only recently been used as a slur by lighter skinned Arabs towards to Afro Arabs who are usually darker skinned and they work as labourers . This term can also been heard towards Bengalis and Pakistanis, Filipinos who work low wage jobs in the Gulf, and they are not black.
Akhi this word does not necessarly come from the Quran and was used pre-Islamic times. Just saying.

CaliTedesse

VIP
Akhi why are you trying to justify the Arabic equivalence of the N word? Are you really that fond of being called abeed, or is this coping in denial?
It's not the Arabic equivalent of Nïgger. Nïgger stems from Negro, meaning Black. Abd is Servant.

CaliTedesse

VIP
Sugar coating it will not lessen the degree of hate and contempt that it projects. This is a derogatory term on the same level as the N word.
It's just a normal word you Arab hater it means servant like for example AbdÁllah, servant of Allah (Swt). Go learn a bit Arabic please instead of shaming yourself.

It's not the Arabic equivalent of Nïgger. Nïgger stems from Negro, meaning Black. Abd is Servant.

The word for Negro in Arabic, would be Zunji or Asmarani. Those are probably the closest translations. Even then the word Asmarani is the way to describe someone of a darker skin tone. Zunji refers to the blacks of the zanj. All in all they are bad slurs

It's just a normal word you Arab hater it means servant like for example AbdÁllah, servant of Allah (Swt). Go learn a bit Arabic please instead of shaming yourself.
It is not a normal word, people who use it are clearly degrading black people even though it is not the same as nigga the intention as the same. Even if it means servant who gave Arab people to use it on us. We are no one's servant except the almighty

CaliTedesse

VIP
It is not a normal word, people who use it are clearly degrading black people even though it is not the same as nigga the intention as the same. Even if it means servant who gave Arab people to use it on us. We are no one's servant except the almighty
It's a normal word that gets used pejoratively by some Arabs. But it's a normal word unlike the N word. Stop with the inferiority complex. You should not care about what some random Arab thinks about you.

It's a normal word that gets used pejoratively by some Arabs. But it's a normal word unlike the N word. Stop with the inferiority complex. You should not care about what some random Arab thinks about you.
"Is a normal word unlike the n word" you say, it has the same connotation at the end of the day, because it is used against darker skinned people more so black people. You can't justify it by saying that it isn't same as the n word. It is not what they think, it's what they say and I ain't got no inferiority within me sweetheart. I am proud ✊

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
It depends on the context and how you pronounce it. There is a difference between a worshiper and a slave. At least in Arabic language. And if you looked at Lisan AL-Arab dic. it says that ABD is either
a free man or
slave or
a plant that has a pleasant smell
a short wide blade

Trending