The Problem With Africa's Borders

Macalin M

Out here
Conclusion seems to be that Africa's borders are unfixable.
It’s the right answer tbh. Like he said, the African leaders were fucked either way. You’d think a country with only Somalis would be good but we’ve seen that it’s not... maybe a mix of ethnicities would be good in the long run.

But short run very bad.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
It’s the right answer tbh. Like he said, the African leaders were fucked either way. You’d think a country with only Somalis would be good but we’ve seen that it’s not... maybe a mix of ethnicities would be good in the long run.

But short run very bad.
On the contrary. Even in this century we've witnessed the drawbacks of having a mixed ethnicity country, as it almost always results in genocide once the economy collapses and one side is scapegoated.

Both have their pro's and cons.

Macalin M

Out here
On the contrary. Even in this century we've witnessed the drawbacks of having a mixed ethnicity country, as it almost always results in genocide once the economy collapses and one side is scapegoated.

Both have their pro's and cons.
Indeed, while writing I was thinking of the Tutsi genocide. But I guess now Rwanda’s not too bad?! I don’t know how the situation is on foot but it looks great stats-wise.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Conclusion seems to be that Africa's borders are unfixable.
What would be interesting would be the Chinese coming in to destabilize and help redraw to better suit their own interests in the upcoming decades

Trending