The Pharaoh who received a Passport [True Story]

Genetic studies have identified substantial non-African admixture in the Horn of Africa (HOA). In the most recent genomic studies, this non-African ancestry has been attributed to admixture with Middle Eastern populations during the last few thousand years. However, mitochondrial and Y chromosome data are suggestive of earlier episodes of admixture.
The Horn of Africa (HOA) occupies a central place in our understanding of modern human origins. This region is the location of the earliest known modern human fossils, a possible source for the out-of-Africa migration, and one of the most genetically and linguistically diverse regions of the world. Numerous genetic studies over the last decades have identified substantial non-African ancestry in populations in this region.

Because there is archaeological, historical, and linguistic evidence for contact with non-African populations beginning about 3,000 years ago, it has often been assumed that the non-African ancestry in HOA populations dates to this time. In this work, we find that the genetic composition of non-African ancestry in the HOA is distinct from the genetic composition of current populations in North Africa and the Middle East. With these data, we demonstrate that most non-African ancestry in the HOA cannot be the result of admixture within the last few thousand years, and that the majority of admixture probably occurred prior to the advent of agriculture.

Populations in the Horn of Africa (HOA: Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, and Somalia) have substantial non-African ancestry [11][15]. The most recent genomic studies estimate 30–50% non-African ancestry in the Cushitic and Semitic speaking populations of the HOA resulting primarily from admixture around 3 ka [16], [17]. This timeframe corresponds to the estimated time of origin of the Ethiosemitic languages [18] and there are some carved inscriptions in South Arabian scripts associated with temple ruins and ritual items in South Arabian styles dated to the early first millennium BCE in the north Ethiopian highlands [19][23]. These linguistic and archaeological connections have been cited in the recent population genomic studies to support a hypothesis of high levels of non-African migration into the HOA around 3 ka.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

@Geostars

The proto-Cushites did not have this 10-15% HOA HG. Just with math you can prove that Somalis have become more SSA than their progenitors.

60%(45&15)+40%

came from:

53%+47%
are you sure? Because what I quoted didn’t have the numbers you put, could you maybe elaborate with your response please
How do you reconcile that with this excerpt,
“The ADMIXTURE results (Fig. 1) indicate that the subjects of this study constitute a homogeneous and representative sample of Somalis having approximately 60% East-African and 40% West Eurasian gene components. The K3 factor in Fig. 1A corresponds to the ADMIXTURE K10 in Fig. 1A of Hodgson et al.16 and shows approximately 60% East African and 40% West Eurasian (25% West Asian and 15% North African) ancestry in the Somali population”

Apollo

VIP
are you sure? Because what I quoted didn’t have the numbers you put, could you maybe elaborate with your response please

That study didn't further investigate the SSA element. I already have done so personally. The Nilotes and Horn of Africa hunter-gatherers were two different populations that were separated from each other for tens of thousands of years. Somalis carry African maternal lineages that are not found in Nilotes or Sudan/Sahel area at all.

The thing you quoted are in line with what I have said.

It was in reference to the ancestral profile of the Ancient Puntites.

They would be about 7% more MENA than Somalis at the minimum, possibly even more.
I've wondered why our Ancient Hamitic forebearers did not create a Caste system when they came into contact with SSA peoples to ensure their descendants remained predominantly of North African ancestry.

Just like how when the Aryans/Indo-Europeans came into contact with non-Aryans in India and proceeded to create a caste system to preserve Aryan ancestry as much as possible.

Apollo

VIP
Can I link you something you might be interested in reading? Or would you rather not :) just a journal article

This is a good beginner friendly intro into Ancient African History:

''The Civilizations of Africa: A History to 1800 by Christopher Ehret''

41PBQJRVRZL.jpg

Interesting. Ethnic AE egyptians are a mystery. They mixed with various invaders over time. Their phenotypes are subject to criticism. They are just as mixed as modern day arabs who mixed with persians and byzantines in multitudes.

But yes in essence he is from the paternal seed of the AE clearly, since they royal bloodline is kept pure. But how pure is pure in a conquered nation that was invaded by multiple entities.
Wasnt his family not related from the previous royal family? I believe his family were military people who took control.

Yes, that was not my argument at all. Just that their phenotypes may have changed over time due to mixing with various invading populations.

Your second point is more intriguing indeed. If only somalis were stable enough for a decade or two or archaeological excavations with LIDAR Aerial mapping. Do you know how many foundations of ancient structures of ancient civilisations have been found under sand or under depths of ground?

I'm hoping in the future we can study the puntite history and Horn history with other cultures such as the persians and the macrobian interaction. Where was cambyses's Army hwen it perished? cambyses marched south to challenge the macrobians and it was stated hsi army disappeared in the desert between punt and sudan. Very interesting stuff.
I suggest you read through this paper when you have time: Eastern Sudan in its Setting, The archaeology of a region far from the Nile Valley

This guy has been doing extensive archaeology in North-East/Red Sea Coast region of Sudan where he believes Punt was likely located.

They painted them rather dark to AE, even after the invasion of the Greeks, as Cleopatra is in this ancient book written in France before the event of the conquest of America. Year 1323, although it would still be good to contrast with other writings of those times

cronologia67046.jpg

Link.
Eye. I'm not saying they were West Africans or so, just that they were challenged like this with dark skin at that time

Last edited:

Trending