The Land Of Punt. Gurdafu

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I am happy to present to you the REAL land of punt. The land of punt is known for 'frankincense' this was what the Egyptians traded with this territory. So in order to be deemed the land of punt, your territory needs to be known for large supplies of frankincense and 'good quality' of course. But as usual Somalis love to claim a history that isn't theirs.

Berbera-Djibouti-Sanaag were not the traditional territories of Frankincense. The best grade and quantity of frankincense came from the Gardufu Area. You can see this demonstrated in the Periphlus of the Erythaean Sea.

. Sailing along the coast beyond Mosyllum, after
a two days' course you come to the so-called Little Nile
River, and a fine spring, and a small laurel-grove, and
Cape Elephant. Then the shore recedes into a bay,
and has a river, called Elephant, and a large laurel-
grove called Acanna; ; where alone is produced the far-
side frankincense, in great quantity and of the best grade.

Below is the location of 'port cities' in the map. The Avalites is 'ASSAB' Eritrea. Malao Is Djibouti. Mundus is Berbera. Moslyon Is Bosaso. After that begins the Cape of spice Market Places which were primarily Gardafu, Hafun, Bayla, Eyl, Garacad.

I say Nugaal-Mudug was involved because all the coastal cities he visited in Somalia he noted they had natural harbors but he says the 'south' of Somalia coast-line has no natural harbor to dock ships. So the key defining feature of Puntland Ports is they have natural 'islands' like Hafun and Natural 'harbours'. So a-lot of the towns he mentioned on the Indian ocean was Primarily based in Puntland. Even Hobyo I don't think has a natural Harbor.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
800px-MapHymiariteKingdom.jpg

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
So the best grade frankincense is in Puntland. In order to be deemed the 'real land of punt' prove your territory had the best grade of frankincense. You won't be praised by the egyptians if you have small quantity of frankincense or 'inferior' qualiy. The Egyptians Praised Puntland as the land of god because they were stunned how the frankincense was the best of quality in the world.

Allahu akbar. DAL UDUG ha guulaysto.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Why Did the Eritreans call themselves 'Eritreans' The Erythraen Sea involved many nations not just Eritrea. However Land of Punt involved one nation Puntland who had the best quality and largest quanity for export.

The rest of frankincense in the region was to small when you read the periplus or low quality and therefore a large empire like Egypt surely wouldn't of traded with them. Why isn't anyone bashing the eritreans walalayaal for stealing a name that was shared between all RED SEA STATES?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Saxiib follow me back on twitter, im gonna add you to a group. http://www.twitter.com/odawaree

I can't add you sxb, your twitter handle says 'pro cushite' I deny Cushites. Cushites were interior clans. After the fall of Cush, they dispersed and became wild tribes-men being pastoralists. Somalia was already occupied by non-cushites because we were trading with egyptians and the greek traveller even stated we had 'city states' along the coast. Cushites are fearful of 'water' they are in-land tribal people. Look at the Beja nowhere near the 'sea. Oromo same. Southern cushitics are identical in tanzania. Afar is the same and hates the coastal areas.

Cushites are interior clans and cannot have found city states along the coastal areas of Puntland. We were under an 'arab king'.

The old trading-posts at Guardafui, formerly under Arab control, were
now free, through the quarrels of their overlords, and their markets
were open to who might seek

Why y’all trying t claim stinky trees who cares where it was

I see 68iq in affect does it matter where the Egyptians traded it could have been in etretria the people living in the horn during that time were all of our ancestors.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Why y’all trying t claim stinky trees who cares where it was

I see 68iq in affect does it matter where the Egyptians traded it could have been in etretria the people living in the horn during that time were all of our ancestors.

Southern Somalia and Zanzibar were different people they were called 'AZANIA' in the greek travelogue. They were ruled by a King in Arabia

Two days' sail beyond, there lies the very
last market-town of the continent of Azania, which is
called Rhapta; which has its name from the sewed
boats {rhaptbn ploiarion) already mentioned; in which
there is ivory in great quantity, and tortoise-shell.
Along this coast live men of piratical habits, ver\^ great
in stature, and under separate chiefs for each place.
The Mapharitic chief governs it under some ancient
right that subjects it to the sovereignty of the state that
is become first in Arabia. And the people of Muza
now hold it under his authority, and send thither many
large ships; using Arab captains and agents, who are
familiar with the natives and intermarry with them, and
who know the whole coast and understand the language.

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
I can't add you sxb, your twitter handle says 'pro cushite' I deny Cushites. Cushites were interior clans. After the fall of Cush, they dispersed and became wild tribes-men being pastoralists. Somalia was already occupied by non-cushites because we were trading with egyptians and the greek traveller even stated we had 'city states' along the coast. Cushites are fearful of 'water' they are in-land tribal people. Look at the Beja nowhere near the 'sea. Oromo same. Southern cushitics are identical in tanzania. Afar is the same and hates the coastal areas.

Cushites are interior clans and cannot have found city states along the coastal areas of Puntland. We were under an 'arab king'.
wanted to add you to PIM group but ok

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I noticed one funny thing about the early puntites. Not a single camel, sheep, goat was exported or imported which means they weren't practising animal husbandry and clearly not farming. They were like Phoenicians, a city state based on pure trade only. It was a trading state.

Farm

VIP
I am happy to present to you the REAL land of punt. The land of punt is known for 'frankincense' this was what the Egyptians traded with this territory. So in order to be deemed the land of punt, your territory needs to be known for large supplies of frankincense and 'good quality' of course. But as usual Somalis love to claim a history that isn't theirs.

Berbera-Djibouti-Sanaag were not the traditional territories of Frankincense. The best grade and quantity of frankincense came from the Gardufu Area. You can see this demonstrated in the Periphlus of the Erythaean Sea.

Below is the location of 'port cities' in the map. The Avalites is 'ASSAB' Eritrea. Malao Is Djibouti. Mundus is Berbera. Moslyon Is Bosaso. After that begins the Cape of spice Market Places which were primarily Gardafu, Hafun, Bayla, Eyl, Garacad.

I say Nugaal-Mudug was involved because all the coastal cities he visited in Somalia he noted they had natural harbors but he says the 'south' of Somalia coast-line has no natural harbor to dock ships. So the key defining feature of Puntland Ports is they have natural 'islands' like Hafun and Natural 'harbours'. So a-lot of the towns he mentioned on the Indian ocean was Primarily based in Puntland. Even Hobyo I don't think has a natural Harbor.

You are correct, a scientific paper proved that Hobyo isn’t a natural harbour and lies on a blowout making it uneconomical to build a port while Garacad has a natural harbour.

You can read more here:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/285343487_Dune_Coasts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts