The Key to Saving Somalia is Gathering Dust in the British Countryside

Tukraq

VIP
It's like telling someone you shouldn't breath because there are plenty of people better than you in it.

Sxb agriculture isn't something to compete in if you're just focusing on filling domestic consumption even in an open market.

Every sane country subsidizes their farmers because their whole economy, currency and labour force is built on top of it.

You should see agriculture as a separate foundational building block of a nation not a commodity like most do.

Also I didn't say we should go into farming if you read my post.
Sxb it’s all market dependent, if it takes you 5 bucks to produce an apple but 1 dollar to produce a banana, and it takes your neighboring country 1 dollar to produce an apple but 4 to make a banana, your always gonna be boxed out the apple market because best case scenario you sell your apple for 6 dollars, your neighbor can sell it for 2, would be smarter if you sold your bannanas to your neighbor and instead of waiting 5 dollars making an apple buy the two dollar one from your neighbor and spend the remaining 3 making more bananas, so yes we can go into agriculture however in fields that favour us ie bananas and certain livestock’s and we should double down on it, not trying to waste enormous energy and money trying to provide all needed agriculture to our people through our land

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Sxb it’s all market dependent, if it takes you 5 bucks to produce an apple but 1 dollar to produce a banana, and it takes your neighboring country 1 dollar to produce an apple but 4 to make a banana, your always gonna be boxed out the apple market because best case scenario you sell your apple for 6 dollars, your neighbor can sell it for 2, would be smarter if you sold your bannanas to your neighbor and instead of waiting 5 dollars making an apple buy the two dollar one from your neighbor and spend the remaining 3 making more bananas, so yes we can go into agriculture however in fields that favour us ie bananas and certain livestock’s and we should double down on it, not trying to waste enormous energy and money trying to provide all needed agriculture to our people through our land

Your talking in foreign currencies again. That $5 might just be $2 with a currency like the Somali shilling.

However that wasn't my point.