The Italian royal prince who married a Somali woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
IMG_2738.JPG

This he did, only finally marrying a Somali woman named Faduma Ali toward the end of his life when he was no longer concerned with the consequences. He died in Jowhar, Somalia on March 18, 1933 at the age of 60 and, as per his wishes, was buried near a local river. Missing no opportunity to put himself forward, Benito Mussolini presided at his funeral, hailing the Duke of the Abruzzi as the last in a long line of great Italian explorers history would never forget.

He wasn't just any old Prince. He was pretty important.

IMG_2737.JPG

VixR

Veritas
Interesting. What's the source for the original full text? Was he involved in colonial-era Somalia?

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
Was she Madow or Jilic? I heard the Italians used to marry Madows often.

And what's the purpose of that when he requested to be buried in the nation? Kind of pointless.
So is this thread tbh…like… am I supposed to be in awe of an Italian prince because he married a Somali woman or something?
You emphasize his importance as if it's a victory for Somalis that an important European royalty would marry a Somali "savage".

Some old dude from Europe married a young girl nothing to be proud of but it is insulting because he was the occupier. In moments like these I thank god that my ancestors were dervish(the famous treat with British not to live/marry/with locals) all these rules so we don't mix with them.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
So is this thread tbh…like… am I supposed to be in awe of an Italian prince because he married a Somali woman or something?
You emphasize his importance as if it's a victory for Somalis that an important European royalty would marry a Somali "savage".

Why are you lot so insecure?! It's just bloody history, I thought it would be something to share. I haven't emphasised anything. I thought thought I should share something interesting but clearly you're so insecure you've interpreted as implying inferiority.

maestro

Cultural revolution
Why are you lot so insecure?! It's just bloody history, I thought it would be something to share. I haven't emphasised anything. I thought thought I should share something interesting but clearly you're so insecure you've interpreted as implying inferiority.

this is the type of history that is supposed to be hidden not proudly displayed to the world.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
this is the type of history that is supposed to be hidden not proudly displayed to the world.

This isn't proudly displayed, it's bloody history. Stop presenting your narrative which is based on nothing but insecurity. The good and the bad are both history and deserve equal attention.

Anyways, both good and bad of Somali history is hidden because nomads had no concept of a written language. Should we hide that fact too?

maestro

Cultural revolution
This isn't proudly displayed, it's bloody history. Stop presenting your narrative which is based on nothing but insecurity. The good and the bad are both history and deserve equal attention.

Anyways, both good and bad of Somali history is hidden because nomads had no concept of a written language. Should we hide that fact too?

There is literally no point in posting this

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
There is literally no point in posting this

Ok, what about the entire threads created just for clan discussions. It's mostly tribalist nonsense but you have issues with the history I've presented because... why? Are you not interested in history of your people?

I have posted this on the history section and this is history. You don't like it? Tough mate!

maestro

Cultural revolution
Ok, what about the entire threads created just for clan discussions. It's mostly tribalist nonsense but you have issues with the history I've presented because... why? Are you not interested in history of your people?

I have posted this on the history section and this is history. You don't like it? Tough mate!

It's not that I don't like it, I just find it weird that you consider to post some random unkown old white dude's sex life and labeled it as Somali history.

I'm interested in Somali history yes but this guy is not in any way part of it and should never be.

Let me be frank, your post screams subconscious inferiority complex partnered with political cuckoldry to me.

You said: " he wasn't just any old prince. he was pretty important". important to whom?!

This guy is pretty irrelevant and he's not worthy of being mentioned if his most prominent legacy is taking a Somali woman as a wife because that's the only thing that ties him to Somalia and Somalis.
Do you think we would've been interested in this motherfucker if he hadn't married that woman or even have known of his existence.
But nooo! let's dig this up and celebrate the fact that we had a colonial-era prince with one foot in the grave fall for our sweet women. Gtfoh!

Last edited:
This is the welcome Italian Colonists got in our land
Massacre of the expedition Cecchi. On 26 November 1896 was an Italian caravan under the leadership of the Italian General Consul in Zanzibar, Antonio Cecchi, who taken part with Antinori, Chiarini and Martini on the first runs of the Italians after Shoah, of the Queen of Gera long held captive and was about his experience, the three-volume work "Because Zeila all Franti del Caffa" publicirt has, at the point Lafole near the port village Magdischu attacked by the Somali and massacred. 14 Europeans, including Antonio Cecchi even found this attack to death. The caravan had set out to the land at the lower course of the Webi Schebeli (leopard river to reconnoitre), where the Milan trading company of the Benädir an Agricultural Action intended to call into life. The massacre proves to anew that the Somalis are still little could settle into the idea that more than the decision of sovereignty in their country between England and Italy was.

Source: Mitteilungen der Österreichischen ..., Volume 40; Volumes 43-44
By Österreichische Geographische Gesellschaft, Geographische Gesellschaft in Wien

https://books.google.nl/books?pg=RA...zYjXUC&as_brr=1&output=text&redir_esc=y&hl=nl

Uarsceik, the main town of the great tribe of Abgal, a spear was put to sea, but soon! put our foot on the ground were killed and were assailed Sub-Lieutenant, Zavaglia, and the driver Bertorello. Before the tragic taking possession of our territories, so to speak, ideals, which had cost us so much gii Rupee sounding ephah of 'Empress Victoria.

Source: L'Eritrea nel passato e nel presente: ricerche, impressioni, delusioni di un ...
By Achille Bizzoni

Word of advice to you @The_Cosmos
Improve your trolling and come with real sources, not erotic fiction from Wikipedia :Sutehja:

maestro

Cultural revolution
Let me be frank, your post screams subconscious inferiority complex partnered with political cuckoldry to me.

You said: " he wasn't just any old prince. he was pretty important". important to whom?!

This guy is pretty irrelevant and he's not worthy of being mentioned if his most prominent legacy is taking a Somali woman as a wife because that's the only thing that ties him to Somalia and Somalis.
Do you think we would've been interested in this motherfucker if he hadn't married that woman or even have known of his existence.
But nooo! let's dig this up and celebrate the fact that we had a colonial-era prince with one foot in the grave fall for our sweet women. Gtfoh!

I suspect he is suffering from deep issues with self esteem. His whole posts and threads scream white worshipping and is filled with obvious inferiority complex

Status
Not open for further replies.