The Iraqw of Tanzania claim to be from Iraq (Mesopotamia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iraqw
Iraq-w
IRAQ-WE
giphy-2.gif

Looool nobody wants to accept they are just African:hillarybiz:
If only people focused on actually creating history then maybe they would have their own stories to tell by now.

Now they waste time envying others and try to fit their own narrative to greater ones to fill the void they have within.

It's just a big waste of time, but people can do whatever they want.

psyche

To each their own
They aren't entirely wrong though since they also have a moderate amount of haplogroup T which is said to orginate in that general area

Lots of people claim this even some S Sudanese people. A lot of early prophets and historical figures lived in Mesopotamia (i.e Ibrahim, Idris, Nuh pbut etc) so them originating from there is not a stretch. But its not worth mentioning since it would be so ancient anyway.

Apollo

VIP
How much HG ancestry do modern day iraqwโ€™s have? @Apollo

About 10-20% from what I gather. By this, I mean SEA TZ HG as the term HG is too loose.

They aren't entirely wrong though since they also have a moderate amount of haplogroup T which is said to orginate in that general area
Lots of people claim this even some S Sudanese people. A lot of early prophets and historical figures lived in Mesopotamia (i.e Ibrahim, Idris, Nuh pbut etc) so them originating from there is not a stretch. But its not worth mentioning since it would be so ancient anyway.

I doubt they were aware of that as that is over thousands of years old @Whimsical fanatic. This seemed to be a generalized origin myth, which are usually wrong in many populations.

The Anglo-Saxons for some time even claimed to be the New Israel/Hebrews.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
its prehistoric and yes thats assosiated with afro asiatic cushitic migrations from the middle east in to africa , still its a long time ago

Our distant Southern Levantine ancestors remain in our hearts and minds :it0tdo8: (even though more than enough time has passed making them irrelevant lmao).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts