'The Gravedigger's Wife': Somali-Finnish story wins at Toronto Film Festival

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
Why cant they do a movie about our folktales? Our achievements? Hell even a romance movie is fine, anything but this shit. Why is it we cant have good movies and dramas and have to look at hindi's and turkish? Like there is NO good black movies that dont involve some type of trauma, at this point im starting to think this is programming for madows to keep having a victim mentality.

Terrible movie absolutely massacring the Somali name, why is anyone supporting such shitt

This is the reality of a poverty stricken nation, you guys want a disney view of Somalia which dosent exist. Its violent,poor and desperate. Its only accurate for media to portray it as such

What is wrong with some of you so because it is not a subject that doesn't celebrate us you would rather some gaal benefit and tell your story no I would rather a Somali person tell our story whether it is good or bad and truth be told we aren't there yet to be telling stories that celebrate us not when we still in some f*ck shit but if we don't get our heads out of the sand I fear Somalinimo and our culture will slowly be lost only to be dominated by Swahili culture and the Amhara.

Movies about culture and History require huge budgets. Documentaries aren't cheap either and one needs an investment or grant money from Donors who sympathize with the cause. So, where does a Somali person get the money to make impactful good movies that promote Somali history and culture?

A solid and stable Somali government would have or could have provided millions of dollars for great movies on Somali culture and history if it existed. Unfortunately, Somalis choose their clan over their Nation, tribal regions over their Somali state. Divided they are nothing but poor and ignorant, and their standing will always remain poor in the eyes of the world.

Qabiil has been the deathknell on Somali progress as a nation.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Khader is a long time friend of mine, I remember a decade back when he use to be a photographer, great to see he never gave up on his dream. :)

Trending