The geopolitics of Somalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need to annex non-Somali areas because that will affect our homogeneity. What we need to do is annex NFD and the Lamu region. You made a good point about coastal Muslims being subjugated by the savage pagans in the interior. What we can do is install a puppet government with Muslim coastal backgrounds and that way, Kenya will be under Somalia's sphere influence. We can also take all of the Tana river ourselves unlocking more agricultural production for Somalis.

As for Ethiopia, we need to annex both east Hararghe and Bale mountains. Why? Because East Hararghe surrounds the historical city of Harar which is the fourth holiest Islamic city in the world and it should not be under a Christian majority country like Ethiopia but a purely Muslim country that embraced Islam during the time of Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) and that is Somalia. It should be in our hands and at the same time, we should take the Bale mountains which is the source for both Jubba and Shabelle valleys so that way our enemy cannot hold leverage over us.

On top of that East Hararghe have Somali origins but were assimilated by Gallas after the collapse of Adal Sultanate. What we can do is bring back their Somali identity.

Lastly, the Socotra islands which I already explained at the top would pose a security threat to Somalia since Yemen presence is very near to Somalia's mainland so we should annex those islands no matter what. These Yemeni bastards were the same people that helped Ethiopia during 1977 so we Somalis have a reason not to trust these dirty Arabs and annex Socotra islands.
we should not anex the bale mountains. We have enough drama with Oromos. But we should claim east hararghie.

Thining about it...Lamu could become a semi autonomous tax haven. The Hong Kong of east africa :damedamn:
That's like saying South Sudan is next sAusi Arabia what dose lamu have that other coastal areas do before we start thinking taking over other countries provide ces we should think about ours first we should focus on the federal state who refuse to cooperate with the govt in n
Xamar

That's like saying South Sudan is next sAusi Arabia what dose lamu have that other coastal areas do before we start thinking taking over other countries provide ces we should think about ours first we should focus on the federal state who refuse to cooperate with the govt in n
Xamar

I've edited my post sxb. Also, its a commentary on having parallel tax structures within the same jursidiction. I am cognizant of the realities of the situation with the current federal govt.

I've edited my post sxb. Also, its a commentary on having parallel tax structures within the same jursidiction. I am cognizant of the realities of the situation with the current federal govt.
I think somaloa should balkanize for the state is in now there's not a bright future ahaed but hey Japan was in a civil war for 130 years look at them now

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Thining about it...Lamu could become a semi autonomous tax haven. The Jersey or Isle of Man of east africa :damedamn:

Lamu is so special because of the tourism, beauty and potential but at the same time the reason why it's important for Somalia to annex Lamu region is because not only it will Grant us more sea to the south but the oil areas are located between Lower Jubba and Lamu region so if we annex the Lamu region, we'll have all the oil ourselves.

tenor.gif

Lamu is so special because of the tourism, beauty and potential but at the same time the reason why it's important for Somalia to annex Lamu region is because not only it will Grant us more sea to the south but the oil areas are located between Lower Jubba and Lamu region so if we annex the Lamu region, we'll have all the oil ourselves.

tenor.gif
territorial-water-of-Somalia.jpg

From making fake claims to getting nothing at all :siilaanyolaugh:

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
NFD is both oromo and somali, the north east region is somali, would be alot easier for this part to just become a independent state. Like Djibouti is for both ISSA and AFAR.

Socorta Should be part of somalia or at minimum a client state.

Ogaden independence.

Heck if the Somalis in both Kenya and Ethiopia become educated and get funding, and become more political, we could have somali states in kenya and ethiopia whilst having a somali president in both countries.

Imagine when people think of kenya and ethiopia in the future they think of somali footballers from their and musicians soft power.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Swahilis are Muslim, it wouldnt be tough to sell it to them if we made Lamu a semi autonomous region in return for investment and defence.
I think it would work best if they were their own independent country. We could make a deal with them to keep port fees high for landlocked countries, especially our common enemy Kenya.

Pure fantasy, it didn't work then when Somalia was doing alright it sure as shit won't work now, especially in this day and age and the country is in ruins, plus Somalia got everything stacked against it.

Let bygones be bygones, and start fresh and just rebuild the country, people down there been fighting for 30 years now they are tired and hungry and traumatized beyond belief, it's going to take decades upon decades of hard work to get that place to become a normal functioning country, and you lot are talking about dagaal and taking land by force.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Pure fantasy, it didn't work then when Somalia was doing alright it sure as shit won't work now, especially in this day and age and the country is in ruins, plus Somalia got everything stacked against it.

Let bygones be bygones, and start fresh and just rebuild the country, people down there been fighting for 30 years now they are tired and hungry and traumatized beyond belief, it's going to take decades upon decades of hard work to get that place to become a normal functioning country, and you lot are talking about dagaal and taking land by force.

This is geopolitics, fittest of survival. Somalia has security threats in all corners with its neighbours which we cannot ignore. It's best to be aware about it and ready for the possible future.

I never said let's start a war automatically. Of course, unite the country, develop it and build a powerful army then we can secure our national rights.

Now you've said some incorrect things. In 1977, Somalia would've won if the Soviet Union and their communist allies didn't intervene. If Somalia was in a good shape and invaded Ethiopia again then their European masters won't save them this time. On top of that, we won't get sanctions for it because Ethiopians refused the referendum offer in the past which was a peaceful solution conducted by the U.N but Ethiopia has a history of rejecting it making the invasion legal.

This is geopolitics, fittest of survival. Somalia has security threats in all corners with its neighbours which we cannot ignore. It's best to be aware about it and ready for the possible future.

I never said let's start a war automatically. Of course, unite the country, develop it and build a powerful army then we can secure our national rights.

Now you've said some incorrect things. In 1977, Somalia would've won if the Soviet Union and their communist allies didn't intervene. If Somalia was in a good shape and invaded Ethiopia then their European masters won't save them again. On top of that, we won't get sanctions for it because Ethiopians refused the referendum offer in the past which was peaceful solution conducted by the U.N but Ethiopia has a history of rejecting it making the invasion legal.

I haven't said anything incorrect, you have multitude of foreign military bases around the horn, each with their own interest, you think you can willy nilly invade a country with out facing a shit storm, by the way remember Ethiopia is backed by the West and Somalia is backed by no one, It's not 1977 it's 2018 going on soon 2019 most things are hashed out with diplomacy.

Second for Somalis to unite and build a stable country with a strong army, it's going to take much longer then the civil war lasted which was 30 plus years, you need to live in reality.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
I haven't said anything incorrect, you have multitude of foreign military bases around the horn, each with their own interest, you think you can willy nilly invade a country with out facing a shit storm, by the way remember Ethiopia is backed by the West and Somalia is backed by no one, It's not 1977 it's 2018 going on soon 2019 most things are hashed out with diplomacy.

Second for Somalis to unite and build a stable country with a strong army, it's going to take much longer then the civil war lasted which was 30 plus years, you need to live in reality.

Ethiopia is not backed by the west anymore. America are done with Ethiopia and Europe is following through while the west is interested in Somalia due to their strategic coast and rich resources. They are now starting to see the light that stable Somalia is good for the region and the west.

As for Somalia to recover, it will be quick. When Mogadishu received stability couple years ago, the city reconstructed itself very fast and become the second fastest developing city in the world. I mean if Somalia becomes peaceful and stable, the country will boom. For example, Rwanda had a worser civil war then us and now look where they're at? Somalis are resilient people that get the job done quickly.

when all Somalis from every clans unite and set aside their differences only then can we take back our lands and extra as interest because of them occupying our lands for more than a quarter of a century.

It’s up to our current generation to achieve this, the old generation are set in their ways and won’t be able pull it off anytime soon.

Ethiopia is not backed by the west anymore. America are done with Ethiopia and Europe is following through while the west is interested in Somalia due to their strategic coast and rich resources. They are now starting to see the light that stable Somalia is good for the region and the west.

As for Somalia to recover, it will be quick. When Mogadishu received stability couple years ago, the city reconstructed itself very fast and become the second fastest developing city in the world. I mean if Somalia becomes peaceful and stable, the country will boom. For example, Rwanda had a worser civil war then us and now look where they're at? Somalis are resilient people that get the job done quickly.

They might be tired of Ethiopia but they are still backing them over Somalia any day, the West was always interested in Somalia due to its position nothing new same for the resources.

By the way Rwanda might have had a worser death toll then Somalia but their civil war was resolved in less then 4 years if I'm not mistaken while we are still stuck in a rut till now, and as for Mogadishu developing fast that's a absolute lie my family were there last year and this year, not much has changed except for a few rebuild houses and some few new open restaurants and hotels, and security forget about that, I'm not being pessimistic just being realistic.

Anyone who says that place is rebuilding fast or going anywhere anytime soon is either a liar or delusional.

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP

On the contrary, the west is the principal agent holding Ethiopia together. If the west didn't care to back them the colonial project of Ethiopia would have collapsed of its own accord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts