The Fresh Prince of Bell Air fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
fresh-prince-of-bel-air-hoops.jpg
Reading Idman's post reminded me of an article I once read on the Huffington Post. There is a theory that Will Smith's character in the Fresh Prince of Bell Air tv show died in the playground fight in West Philadelphia. The taxi driver being the angel of death is taking him to Will's version of heaven, Bell Air and everyone there is already dead.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
I thought heaven was supposed to be a perfect place. If Will's character is in heaven then does he experience negative emotions such as heartbreak ( i.e. the legendary episode with his dad)?

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
He was able to get closure in that episode.

What about the episode with the psychic? They contacted dark forces in a séance. You can't do that in heaven. :damn:

Will is in hell. That's the only explanation.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Man had me curious I had to read the article lol

A widely accepted theory about the "Fresh Prince" is that the show was just a metaphor for what Heaven is like, and Will actually died in the playground fight he mentions in the theme song.

Townes shot the theory down, but said he appreciated the fans who came up with it. "It’s just, that’s so far-fetched you just laugh," he said. The actor later added, "To see someone take all of that stuff and almost create a whole world around it, you’re kind of like, 'Wow, it wasn’t that deep, but that’s amazing that their brain took it there.'"

Townes also said, despite the fact that the theme song seems semi-autobiographical, the fight Smith mentions in it never actually happened. "Will Smith is just a great storyteller," said Townes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts