The focus of FGS for the next two decades.

Gemstone

Sincerity is a dangerous thing.
Ignore SL and PL. Focus on South Somalia increase the HDI and the GDP. Especially in and around Xamar, the average income in Xamar should be 5 times that of SL or PL. That is how Kenya has won over the Somali population in NFD.
Screenshot_20240125_174245_Samsung Notes.jpg

Garissa county: 2017/18
  • Local revenue: 1 895 593 USD
  • Grants from Nairobi: 50 491 775 USD
  • Further grants from Nairobi: 5 514 454 USD
Garissa received 29.5 times more revenue from Nairobi than it generated locally. This has led to locals, both the political elite and the common folk seeing themselves as more and more Kenyan every year.

Same phenomena has happened in Somali region of Ethiopia. Addis Abeba won the hearts of the local political elites with grand public infrastructure projects, such as roads, grid and education facilities. To an extent one could even say it was replicated by SL in Sool until last year when the economic incentives from Hargeysa couldn't compete with the one's from Garowe.

Thus I believe FGS should strengthen itself and only seek economic incentives as the means to foster Somali cooperation and integration. Muslims shouldn't kill eachother over man made borders and political ideas. No to Abiyes retarded approach in Tigray and Amharia.

HSM should keep focusing on finishing the constitution and bringing tangible economic benefits to Banaadir and the areas freed from Al-Shabab. That should entice the Southern populace to uprise against Shabaab.

What do you think.
@Hilmaam @GemState @Chaseyourdreamzz @Dalac Bilaash @π’‹π’–π’†π’”π’–π’•π’ˆ @Itsnotthateasy @Thegoodshepherd

Last edited:

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
If you tag multiple for some reason no one gets notification not sure why

I think you’re right though. HSM forcing constitutional changes is him giving up on somaliland and puntland and focusing on south. I even heard FMS leaders might not be eligible to run for president without resigning under new constitution which seems another way to keep Deni away from south. I’m not sure if damage will be undone though somaliland wont be back and puntland might join them hard to see how it will play out

Gemstone

Sincerity is a dangerous thing.
If you tag multiple for some reason no one gets notification not sure why

I think you’re right though. HSM forcing constitutional changes is him giving up on somaliland and puntland and focusing on south. I even heard FMS leaders might not be eligible to run for president without resigning under new constitution which seems another way to keep Deni away from south. I’m not sure if damage will be undone though somaliland wont be back and puntland might join them hard to see how it will play out
The only other options are to continue the current resource wasting circus with zero accountability. Or wage war in the foreseeable future and force the Southern dysfunction onto stable parts of the country.

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
The only other options are to continue the current resource wasting circus with zero accountability. Or wage war in the foreseeable future and force the Southern dysfunction onto stable parts of the country.
Agree HSM has to focus on south and make it stable no one will take him series until Al shabab and ATMIS gone

Ignore SL and PL. Focus on South Somalia increase the HDI and the GDP. Especially in and around Xamar, the average income in Xamar should be 5 times that of SL or PL. That is how Kenya has won over the Somali population in NFD.
View attachment 321498
Garissa county: 2017/18
  • Local revenue: 1 895 593 USD
  • Grants from Nairobi: 50 491 775 USD
  • Further grants from Nairobi: 5 514 454 USD
Garissa received 29.5 times more revenue from Nairobi than it generated locally. This has led to locals, both the political elite and the common folk seeing themselves as more and more Kenyan every year.

Same phenomena has happened in Somali region of Ethiopia. Addis Abeba won the hearts of the local political elites with grand public infrastructure projects, such as roads, grid and education facilities. To an extent one could even say it was replicated by SL in Sool until last year when the economic incentives from Hargeysa couldn't compete with the one's from Garowe.

Thus I believe FGS should strengthen itself and only seek economic incentives as the means to foster Somali cooperation and integration. Muslims shouldn't kill eachother over man made borders and political ideas. No to Abiyes retarded approach in Tigray and Amharia.

HSM should keep focusing on finishing the constitution and bringing tangible economic benefits to Banaadir and the areas freed from Al-Shabab. That should entice the Southern populace to uprise against Shabaab.

What do you think.
@Hilmaam @GemState @Chaseyourdreamzz @Dalac Bilaash @π’‹π’–π’†π’”π’–π’•π’ˆ @Itsnotthateasy @Thegoodshepherd

The problem is corruption. Doesn't matter if they ignore SL/PL.

There has to be accountability. While the FGS is donor funded, the donors must do more to make sure that the money is spent in the right places. This government is too corrupt to restore and extend state authority when left to their own devices. It's a very bad state of affairs being perpetuated by the international community.

Trending

Latest posts