The existence of the prefix "Far" proves Somalis were literate peoples historically

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ | ๐’–๐’†๐’„A๐’—๐’ƒ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
VIP
Why else would the language have the prefix "Far" which means writing like the prefix "Af" means language/mouth.

Af-somali (Somali language)
Af-Ingriis (English language)
Af-Carabi (Arabic language) ect. We all know this.

But having far work the same way and is native to us proves literacy was a part of Somalis and known to us for a very long time.

Far-Wadaad (Wadaad's writing) - adapted Arabic script -
Far-Latin
Far-Osmanya

I keep coming across Habashi that use the argument somalis were illiterate peoples. When that's plain false. You also have historians in the 20th century like I.M Lewis who claimed somalis were a oral people only. Whilst we maintained oral history, so did everyone else. Even literate societies. It was just cope because people in Somali cities didn't trust I.M Lewis and didn't let him have access to their manuscripts so he coped by saying we were illiterate.

W
Why else would the language have the prefix "Far" which means writing like the prefix "Af" means language/mouth.

But having far work the same way and is native to us proves literacy was a part of Somalis and known to us for a very long time.

Far-Latin
Far-Osmanya

I keep coming across Habashi that use the argument somalis were illiterate peoples. When that's plain false. You also have historians in the 20th century like I.M Lewis who claimed somalis were a oral people only. Whilst we maintained oral history, so did everyone else. Even literate societies. It was just cope because people in Somali cities didn't trust I.M Lewis and didn't let him have access to their manuscripts so he coped by saying we were illiterate.
Why did Somalis allow a dead Scottish man to write about our history

Khaemwaset

VIP

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
๐’–๐’๐’– ๐’“๐’–๐’ˆ ๐’“๐’–๐’‡๐’•๐’–
Nigga is that the floater things that people see in their eyes

1696681086905.png

Never knew people made it into a language

Khaemwaset

VIP

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
it says what i said, somali being the most civilized and urbanised, somali having multiple stone cities with walls
No, it is a text from Ibn Battutaโ€™s journey that mentions the creativity of the people of Mogadishu in the textile or clothing industries. It says that these textiles or clothing coming from Mogadishu are unparalleled in perfection.

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
Ancient stone tablet written in wadaad
IMG_2285.jpeg

weโ€™ll probably find more of these and possibly older Somali scripts when we do more archaeological excavations around the country

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Far-Latin
Far-Osmanya

huuno that is magical wishful thinking! Somalis were always illeterate upto 1970s

Khaemwaset

VIP
huuno that is magical wishful thinking! Somalis were always illeterate upto 1970s
So illiterate we couldn't read and write the Quran ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”

So illiterate chinese sailors wrote these Far wadaad stone tablet in the 1300s ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”

Somali Stone.jpg

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
So illiterate we couldn't read and write the Quran ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”

So illiterate chinese sailors wrote these Far wadaad stone tablet in the 1300s ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”

View attachment 297517

The English to me are a marvel. Their commitment to writing and early publishing should be respected!

Trending

Latest posts