The establishment of a Somali Lunar Calendar to replace the flawed hijri calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
This Lunar calendar will differ in that the days of the month will be fixed,making this calendar not only be used for religious purposes but for day to day uses. I designed and modified the Somali Solar calendar and turned it into a Lunar calendar with a leap year every third year. I checked if the Ramadan cycle lines up and alhamdulillah it did every time.

One thing i noticed was that Ramadan alternates with 29/30 every year. This year it will begin on Sunday and it will last 30 days. Eid will on Tuesday. The hijri calendar is not fit for daily use and you cannot backtrack to an exact day and is not accurate. Besides this will give us leverage and a moral boost

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
I side with Islam.

Hijra calender forever!
With the hijri calendar, it's badly regulated. A month can be 29 or 30 days. Imagine trying to go through historical records, it would be a total mess.:dwill: Also the hijri calendar is only 354 days while a Lunar year is 354 and 1\3 days long. You have to have a leap year to have an accurate calendar and set months in order for it to be stable

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
With the hijri calendar, it's badly regulated. A month can be 29 or 30 days. Imagine trying to go through historical records, it would be a total mess.:dwill: Also the hijri calendar is only 354 days while a Lunar year is 354 and 1\3 days long. You have to have a leap year to have an accurate calendar and set months in order for it to be stable
And the Geogerian Calender can also be 30-31 days depending on the months and it's not that hard to go through historical records.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
And the Geogerian Calender can also be 30-31 days depending on the months and it's not that hard to go through historical records.
Its different. For example, January is always 31 days while Muharram has no set days. Muharram in 500 AH could be 29 or 30 days. If your born on 30 Muharram, the next year or even two years there could be no 30th of Muharram

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
This Lunar calendar will differ in that the days of the month will be fixed,making this calendar not only be used for religious purposes but for day to day uses. I designed and modified the Somali Solar calendar and turned it into a Lunar calendar with a leap year every third year. I checked if the Ramadan cycle lines up and alhamdulillah it did every time.

One thing i noticed was that Ramadan alternates with 29/30 every year. This year it will begin on Sunday and it will last 30 days. Eid will on Tuesday. The hijri calendar is not fit for daily use and you cannot backtrack to an exact day and is not accurate. Besides this will give us leverage and a moral boost
Somalis calculatet an accurate calendar to use to calculate the seasons for grazing our ancestors used it for grazing Not just us but the south cushites did that as well

we should bring that back a moral boost is needed to help refurbish somalinimo

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Somalis calculatet an accurate calendar to use to calculate the seasons for grazing our ancestors used it for grazing Not just us but the south cushites did that as well

we should bring that back a moral boost is needed to help refurbish somalinimo
The Somali Solar calendar is very accurate and calculates both Solar and Lunar. Its quite complex. Because of our location, a Lunar calendar would be better as we only have two seasons compared to Asia and Europe who need a Solar calendar. Also it would give us a say in major religious events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts