The Draught: Photos from Baidoa

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.theguardian.com/global-...17/aug/07/from-baidoa-somalia-we-have-no-hope

Shabaab is not allowing aid into the areas they control.

4200.jpg

What effect can remittance money sent to telephone accounts have in areas controlled by Shabaab? Would such accounts be targeted or endanger the recipients? It seems clean water is available for money. Is it the same for food in these areas?

https://www.theguardian.com/global-...17/aug/07/from-baidoa-somalia-we-have-no-hope

Shabaab is not allowing aid into the areas they control.

4200.jpg

What effect can remittance money sent to telephone accounts have in areas controlled by Shabaab? Would such accounts be targeted or endanger the recipients? It seems clean water is available for money. Is it the same for food in these areas?
Not sure , dear fellow .my relatives in
North have been telling they are recovering from the drought .
The situation in BD is news to me .

The truth is a lot of people from that area are actually a part of Al shabaab and support them. Hopefully this will force them to abandon Al Shabaab.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
The truth is a lot of people from that area are actually a part of Al shabaab and support them. Hopefully this will force them to abandon Al Shabaab.
Nobody supports Al-Shabaab in Somalia don't let the qabiilist talk get to your head and my family is from the north so there's no political reason for me to take this stance besides telling the truth.

Young sons join Al-Shabaab to support themselves and their family, parents do anything to support their children despite their asinine decisions, and as a result Al-Shabaab continues to thrive. Please don't paint it a picture as if the people want this terrorist organization- hardly.

They destroyed the country's movie theaters, cultural freedom, music, and livelihoods.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
Hey oday,

I can ask my parents about what happens if individuals send money to Al-Shabaab controlled areas. The situation must be quelled however it's hard to tell just how.

Nobody supports Al-Shabaab in Somalia don't let the qabiilist talk get to your head and my family is from the north so there's no political reason for me to take this stance besides telling the truth.

Young sons join Al-Shabaab to support themselves and their family, parents do anything to support their children despite their asinine decisions, and as a result Al-Shabaab continues to thrive. Please don't paint it a picture as if the people want this terrorist organization- hardly.

They destroyed the country's movie theaters, cultural freedom, music, and livelihoods.

It has nothing to do with Qabilism. A lot of foot soldiers of Al Shabaab come from that area, thats why Al Shabaab has a such strong presence there. Why were ahla sunnah wal mama able to get rid of Al shabaab in their areas? Because the locals don't join them or support them. Why is Puntland able to quickly get rid of any Al Shabaab soldiers? Because the locals in Puntland do not support or join them . Open your eyes.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
It has nothing to do with Qabilism. A lot of foot soldiers of Al Shabaab come from that area, thats why Al Shabaab has a such strong presence there. Why were ahla sunnah wal mama able to get rid of Al shabaab in their areas? Because the locals don't join them or support them. Why is Puntland able to quickly get rid of any Al Shabaab soldiers? Because the locals in Puntland do not support or join them . Open your eyes.
I'm from Puntland where do you think Northern Somalia is?

:what1:

Also lets have this conversation elsewhere. I don't want to derail this thread.

I'm from Puntland where do you think Northern Somalia is?

:what1:

Also lets have this conversation elsewhere. I don't want to derail this thread.

So what if you are from Puntland. What does that have to do with my point:umwhat:

We are talking about Al Shabaab and we are talking about the Baidoba area; that's exactly what the thread is about. So how are we deraling the thread, and why do we have to talk elsewhere:drakewtf:

Wax Faxam adiga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts