the difficulties of being a somali woman

i find a lot of them telling me its not balancing family and career like most of the other todays modern women
but about balancing cultural expectations and economic limitations, demands and possibilities. they say that culture is
still their biggest headache, they tell me make no mistake we love our culture and deen but we find that the environment that we
are expected to deliver in is in total contrast to that objective. they feel that most of the heavy lifting is left for them to perform.
that their men have buckled under modern day demands and pressures and have absconded, and that somali men are so devious
that they have managed to create the illusion of being present in abscondance. they say we see our men but we cant feel them.
they say their female minds is not wired to tangibilize this action of their men but can sure smell the shit from it from a mile
away hence their frustrations and subsequent deep but still loving animosity to their modern men.

i find a lot of them telling me its not balancing family and career like most of the other todays modern women
but about balancing cultural expectations and economic limitations, demands and possibilities. they say that culture is
still their biggest headache, they tell me make no mistake we love our culture and deen but we find that the environment that we
are expected to deliver in is in total contrast to that objective. they feel that most of the heavy lifting is left for them to perform.
that their men have buckled under modern day demands and pressures and have absconded, and that somali men are so devious
that they have managed to create the illusion of being present in abscondance. they say we see our men but we cant feel them.
they say their female minds is not wired to tangibilize this action of their men but can sure smell the shit from it from a mile
away hence their frustrations and subsequent deep but still loving animosity to their modern men.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Reverse

booliska federal 🚓
Can you speak normally? What is thread even about?

Hardship because you can't control what other people think of you? Damn you need help

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Sounds like a buncha bs, modern women have it way easier than our grandmothers. They literally had the family on their back while their husbands were rearing camels and gone for weeks at a time. They faced the constant threat of tribal warfare, famine and civil strife.

Xaruun

VIP
Sounds like a buncha bs, modern women have it way easier than our grandmothers. They literally had the family on their back while their husbands were rearing camels and gone for weeks at a time. They faced the constant threat of tribal warfare, famine and civil strife.
The xaarlimos hated him because he spoke the truth.

Trending