The development of cities in the Somali Region

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Godey will probably become one of the larger urban centers in the Horn. I always keep an eye on how it is progressing. It is on a flat plain, next to some of the most fertile land in the Horn and has a river to provide its water. Very rare combination for a city in the Somali region to have. I am hoping to visit this city when I visit Galkacyo next year inshallah.

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
The growth of Dhagaxbuur as the main city of the Hawd region has profound consequences on what the balance of power in the north of the Somali Region will be in the coming decades. Urbanization in the Somali Region is bound to reawaken conflicts that have been dormant for decades. The construction of a future Dhagaxbuur-Hargaysa road will only intensify these dynamics.

Masha'Allahi very beautiful and a positive development for Somali Galbeed, inshAllahi they will have an eternal peace and development, Ameen.

And also @Thegoodshepherd if possible pin this positive thread.

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
Nogob has been divided into two regions, Nogob and Erer. Fiiq has become the capital of Erer while Ceel Weyn is the capital of Nogob.

Fiiq reminds me of Borama. A city sitting between green mountains, very beautiful.

Abaq

VIP
Wardheer, the main town in Ciid. One of the most important places in terms of livestock production and trade. A historically very important place.

It's a mighty shame that of all the cities, the most historically significant one is the most neglected. I am happy my cousins have developed their towns but they should also pour some money into Wardheer.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP

Mashallah the beautiful town of baabili, one of the more greener somali cities

Seems like they’re getting more in touch with their somali roots. Inshallah baabili can rejoin Killinka shanaad soon, strategically sat between jijiga and harar there is a lot of economic potential there

Trending

Latest posts