The destruction of Somali culture in 100 years

Yeah I was just thinking about this the other day. Our neighbours Oromo's and Afars have retained most of their traditions but we have barely anything left :damn:
We are headed towards Sudanese levels of cultural destruction. At least they were colonized we threw away our culture

Somalis culture has always had heavy foreign influence anyway
A lot of the things you think are traditional Somali actually came from other countries through trade etc.

VixR

Veritas
So a Abdi wearing a dress shirt with sun glasses in the 80's alright but Xalimo god forbid wears Jilbaab and we are losing our culture?:what1:

Yes, bc of the underlying ideologies behind the dress and the state of the people.

Dress shirt, sunglasses, jeans = Somalia when it was industrializing, growing, before it took a sharp turn.

Jilbab = Al Shabab, post civil war, death and destruction, where they’re telling women to wear such-and-such and to not do Yoga to a backdrop of bombs, famines, and instability.

SlimFarax

Sheegatoslayer
Yes, bc of the underlying ideologies behind the dress and the state of the people.

Dress shirt, sunglasses, jeans = Somalia when it was industrializing, growing, before it took a sharp turn.

Jilbab = Al Shabab, post civil war, death and destruction, where they’re telling women to wear such-and-such and to not do Yoga to a backdrop of bombs, famines, and instability.

Maskaxtha baa laguu guumeystay

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Funny they portray clothing of geeljires mixed with some elite Soomaal bunch of weirdos what a silly video

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement

Jilbaab is worn in Somaliland, Ogaden, and Djibouti. Areas where there is no "post civil war, Al Shabaab, or death and destruction". Jilbaab is not only worn by terrorist or women from warzones.

We need to allow women to wear a bikini on the beach in Somalia. I want to see some beautiful women on Lido beach wearing bikinis, I would move back to Somalia straight away.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP

They are both exactly the same as far as I am concerned: two types of foreign clothing representing two distinct periods of foreign ideological domination.

Globalism and capitalism have changed the game. Due to lack of isolation, we can never hope to create an authentic Somali fashion with an organic disposition. That opportunity is gone.

What we can do, on the other hand, is use inspiration from the past, and sort of creatively apply it to the current market trends.

Trending