The decline of Christianity in Western and Northern Europe

CALMONE20###

Roots in Somaliland + Somali Region โœ๏ธ
Nowadays,countries such as the UK,Sweden,France,Belgium,Spain etc are atheist. Whereas,say 70 years ago,they were majority Christian. How did this happen?

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ | ๐’–๐’†๐’„A๐’—๐’ƒ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
VIP
They became materialistic and decided that they were at the end of history so they thought that there is no reason to believe in anything higher than themselves because they "Reached" the peak of civilization.
Obviously, any Nation who thinks that will eventually get their ass beat by other civilizations that are still building themselves up (China,India)

Strawberry

๐’š๐’๐’–๐’„,Soomaalinimada,๐’–๐’๐’˜๐’’๐’†๐’˜
Nowadays,countries such as the UK,Sweden,France,Belgium,Spain etc are atheist. Whereas,say 70 years ago,they were majority Christian. How did this happen?
My grandfather's (dad's uncle's) wife is Swedish (raised Christian but converted to Islam), and she told me this: in Sweden, they have always wanted to distance themselves from Christianity, but in the 2000s, once they separated themselves from the church, more people began to lose interest in Christianity, and churches are seeing fewer people each year.

Erythrean

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ PROUD MURICAN!!! Hamitic Horner Race
Well, people have always seen it as backwards. Now that itโ€™s not in peoples lives anymore, they can do as they like I guess. But a country without religion will always die off to those with it

Christianity is virtually dead in the West, but I don't think it was inevitable, despite the theological incoherence and contradictions that are inherent in Christianity. Certain social movements are responsible for its decline.

I rather like Orthodox Christianity and wish that the Greeks that were in Sudan had become more religiously influential instead of the Catholics or the Anglicans.

Erythrean

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ PROUD MURICAN!!! Hamitic Horner Race
Christianity is virtually dead in the West, but I don't think it was inevitable, despite the theological incoherence and contradictions that are inherent in Christianity. Certain social movements are responsible for its decline.

I rather like Orthodox Christianity and wish that the Greeks that were in Sudan had become more religiously influential instead of the Catholics or the Anglicans.
Greeks in Sudan?

Trending