The cycle of man (Pain& pleasure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomad2054

There is nothing permanent except change.
thumbnail_IMG_7571.jpg

Nomad2054

of the 4 pictures above which would you say presents our time??

i believe the 3rd quarter was the 70s to early the 2000s and we now find ourselves in the 4th quarter.

care to explain what you mean there brother??

It is too simplistic and history does not follow in such a linear fashion.

Several factors besides "weak" and "strong" contribute to war, famine and disease, especially the latter has little relation to the perceived hardness of leadership.

Several factors besides "weak" and "strong" contribute to war, famine and disease, especially the latter has little relation to the perceived hardness of leadership.
One could say that it aligns with Marx's prediction that the production of too many useful things results in too many useless people, which could be argued is the case today.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Life is easy. People create complexity within their own lives because it gives them purpose. That's all purpose really is. The ability to cope with challenges.

In the hunter gatherer era of humanity, complexity existed all around us, never giving us time to over think things. That all changed with the agricultural era. But, as we gained markets to trade our crops, this level of competition once again created challenges to act on. Then we headed to the industrial era. Now our overall worth is compartmentalized as a cog in a massive machine. If every cogs acts in conjunction to the overall machine, the process works. But that isn't the mindset of people.

Now we still live in the industrial era, it's just mixed with the advent of globalism, the digital revolution, and multiculturalism. All of this ended up creating a new paradigm. Social movements changed relationships. The job market is still based on growing technological needs or practical needs, but with education not fitting for this, but instead spewing propaganda with their useless majors.

And so the words people now used to explain their ambitions, for the sake of mating, social status, intrapersonal sanity and egoism go along the lines of:

"My dream (doesn't really care about it, just thinks it's helpful) is to get this particular position (a cog in a machine)."
"In 10 years, I see myself as ______ (the promotional position 2 ranks removed from his current position)."
"Follow your passion and strive for greatness (under the umbrella of your career and thus your position to acts as an all productive and efficient cog in the corporate machine)."
"I believe in this company (they don't think about it the moment they clock out)."
"We are part of a movement, and a great vision (this project is important for our company, be a good little cog and do your fucking job correctly)."

Passion, ambition and growth can be objective. But unfortunately, it's mostly illusory.

Nomad2054

i didnt create this thread as some type of revelation it just an opinion piece, now if one holds a different view point, would it not be more useful to share it, rather than be sarcastic.

there are several other factors you are right but at the end of the day, man is the focal point of it all and i say that with respect to religion and history.

now madame steam would you kindly explain the "several factors".:cosbyhmm:

Nomad2054

Life is easy. People create complexity within their own lives because it gives them purpose. That's all purpose really is. The ability to cope with challenges.

In the hunter gatherer era of humanity, complexity existed all around us, never giving us time to over think things. That all changed with the agricultural era. But, as we gained markets to trade our crops, this level of competition once again created challenges to act on. Then we headed to the industrial era. Now our overall worth is compartmentalized as a cog in a massive machine. If every cogs acts in conjunction to the overall machine, the process works. But that isn't the mindset of people.

Now we still live in the industrial era, it's just mixed with the advent of globalism, the digital revolution, and multiculturalism. All of this ended up creating a new paradigm. Social movements changed relationships. The job market is still based on growing technological needs or practical needs, but with education not fitting for this, but instead spewing propaganda with their useless majors.

And so the words people now used to explain their ambitions, for the sake of mating, social status, intrapersonal sanity and egoism go along the lines of:

"My dream (doesn't really care about it, just thinks it's helpful) is to get this particular position (a cog in a machine)."
"In 10 years, I see myself as ______ (the promotional position 2 ranks removed from his current position)."
"Follow your passion and strive for greatness (under the umbrella of your career and thus your position to acts as an all productive and efficient cog in the corporate machine)."
"I believe in this company (they don't think about it the moment they clock out)."
"We are part of a movement, and a great vision (this project is important for our company, be a good little cog and do your fucking job correctly)."

Passion, ambition and growth can be objective. But unfortunately, it's mostly illusory.

thanks for taking the time to write all of that sxb, i share your pessimism of this new world where people are mere cattle to feed the machine, and when undesired easily discarded like trash.

Nomad2054

One could say that it aligns with Marx's prediction that the production of too many useful things results in too many useless people, which could be argued is the case today.

many of the things he warned us about Capitalism are evident in our society today, especially wealth distribution.

Last edited:

Nomad2054

Anyone here knows anything from al khaldun and his book muqaddimah,never read it but i think he explains the same thing

this is the first time i am hearing of this book, but i will for sure by it now after doing some googling.:nvjpqts:

i didnt create this thread as some type of revelation it just an opinion piece, now if one holds a different view point, would it not be more useful to share it, rather than be sarcastic.

there are several other factors you are right but at the end of the day, man is the focal point of it all and i say that with respect to religion and history.

now madame steam would you kindly explain the "several factors".:cosbyhmm:

Other factors include technological changes, climate change, population growth/decline, mutation of deadly virus in the form of the black plague or the spanish flu, contact with foreign germs, lack of pest control ect.

Nomad2054

Other factors include technological changes, climate change, population growth/decline, mutation of deadly virus in the form of the black plague or the spanish flu, contact with foreign germs, lack of pest control ect.

i accept your findings, but if we lay blame squarely on unforeseen natural forces are we not then playing the victim, this reminds of the Global warming issue.
are humans at fault or is it nature? i say its part nature and part man, i would add if us humans acted more responsibly, the consequences would be less dire, i think the same about the subject at hand.

i accept your findings, but if we lay blame squarely on unforeseen natural forces are we not then playing the victim, this reminds of the Global warming issue.
are humans at fault or is it nature? i say its part nature and part man, i would add if us humans acted more responsibly, the consequences would be less dire, i think the same about the subject at hand.

Sometimes it is just human nature, as climate change and its consequences are slowly developing and we're failing to act until the consequence become a problen in our daily lives.

Other times it is unforseen consequences that are triggered by events beyond our control, and as human we should admit that we're still very much at mercy of nature and G-d.

Nomad2054

Sometimes it is just human nature, as climate change and its consequences are slowly developing and we're failing to act until the consequence become a problen in our daily lives.

Other times it is unforseen consequences that are triggered by events beyond our control, and as human we should admit that we're still very much at mercy of nature and G-d.

very true, but God gave us the freedom of choice and as men we choose greed and fear over equity and understanding, but thats neither here or there.

that was a chess level courting:wowsweat: and our girl asked you to go easy.
so can we discuss ice cream and cookies next time. :stevej:

you are well versed i will give you that steam:ehh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts