The creator of the latin somali alphabet

Great man who deserves a statue. If the Arabic script was chosen the amount of ana Arabs would have been almost the whole population.
Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Last edited:
Very insightful, to think that he travelled to China to learn about their writing system is interesting. Probably one of the most impactful Somalis to ever live.

attash

Amaan Duule
Great man who deserves a statue. If the Arabic script was chosen the amount of ana Arabs would have been almost the whole population.
Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards
Muse Galaal certainly deserves praise for his contributions to Somali culture, but I think we would have been better off with wadaad script. Most Somali children learn Arabic script in dugsi, so if we had far wadaad as our official script, our literacy rate would have been much higher.

Muse Galaal certainly deserves praise for his contributions to Somali culture, but I think we would have been better off with wadaad script. Most Somali children learn Arabic script in dugsi, so if we had far wadaad as our official script, our literacy rate would have been much higher.
I agree with you completely the wadaad script is great and very compatible with the Somali language. It would have also increased literacy in the country those are the pros of it but thinking of the ana Arabs I thank God it didn't go that way
:whew:

I agree with you completely the wadaad script is great and very compatible with the Somali language. It would have also increased literacy in the country those are the pros of it but thinking of the ana Arabs I thank God it didn't go that way
:whew:
Now we have people thinking we never had a written text because we adopted a European writing script but thanks at least now that they think we were an illiterate nation

Here we go again. You guys always love to rewrite history, the guy that wrote the Somali Latin script was none other than Dr. Shire Jaamac Axmed.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
Somali Latin alphabet sucks and looks ugly
double or even sometimes triple letters
65A8C99F-5F76-4E97-A32A-77CB68200FD8.jpeg
wtf is “Adeegga” somali writing system is very uncivilized,it Would look better if we used Arabic like most Muslim countries

Somali Latin alphabet sucks and looks ugly
double or even sometimes triple lettersView attachment 329012wtf is “Adeegga” somali writing system is very uncivilized,it Would look better if we used Arabic like most Muslim countries

It's not suitable for Somali vowels. Somali script is basically replacing 3 letters C, X, Kh while reading everything else in standard latin vowels. Terrible script. There is no innovation or sophistication to try and catch that quintessential Somali sound or make it easier to write & read.

@Yazi @johnsepei5 the double vowel issue could be easily fixed if we made adjustments to the script by adding those double dots on top of letters or diacritics
I am with you on this, no need to completely abandon the el chapo script when everything is written in it today and people are so used to it. Simple adjustments should be implemented instead.

Trending